Tony Abbott new opposition leader (1 Viewer)

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
The discussion was about Tony Abbott. Not about the Bible or God. I am currently having one on the Does God exist thread if you wish...how bout you actually respond to my last statement before you wrote "you know God is a lie"... thats not wat this thread is about...
Can't handle the truth?

Bond/Catalyst

HSC
Get back to the topic of Abbott, no one replied to my last actual comment on the thread...there is a 972 page long Does God exist thread for these discussions.

Bond/Catalyst

HSC
I can handle plenty my friend...I think that it is you who have cause to worry about whether God exists or not, not me. I am content and happy.

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
And regardless even IF there was no God, you cannot deny that the premise of His existance has shaped the world in a way which atheists can only be jealous of...as most of the world does believe in God or some Divine Being I daresay that I answer in all confidence that God is nothing but the greatest and most perfect truth, one worth fighting for and one which will continue to shape the world.
Yeah the world hasn't been heaps fucked up by people acting under the guise of doing gods work AT ALL

philphie

Banned
HSC
Proportional representation has nothing to do with what you just described.

In fact, the house which determines which party forms government, and hence becomes Prime Minister, is not even proportionally elected! :rolleyes:
i need to go back to ACV lessons

philphie

Banned
HSC
The way you write "believe in climate change" makes it seem like its a religion of its own and that those who dont believe that man-made emissions of carbon are the driver of increases in temperature are destined for eternal damnation or something...their is still MUCH debate about the extent to which humans are to blame for this and Abbott and the Liberal Party has stood up in response to a tremedous grass roots uproar against a apoliticially fuelled tax that threatens to severly put Australia at a comparative disadvantage in comparison to the rest of the world for now real purpose anyway as we emit less than 1% of the worlds bloody carbon anyway! So even if any increase in tempeature IS due to man made carbn pollution, we would be doing jack all by harming our economy to dent our carbon emissions. I say dumb move. Not in the interest of Australians but Rudd's false populism.

Perhaps the correct move for Australia should be towards nuclear power...and if Australia was really into tackling "climate change" then we should at least be seriously looking at this option. But in any case, Tony Abbott has principles and he is not afraid to stick by them, Australians dont want a clone of Rudd, they want a proactive alternative that will challenge the government's flaws, of which there are many.

In regards to Abbott's own alternatives, he has stated that the opposition is drafting an official climate change policy which will be released early next year. He has already committed to match Labors carbon reduction targets. So regardless of what YOU think HE thinks, he has already committed to match Labor's carbon emissions target, and is yet to formulate a coplete policy on achieveing that aim.

But its all bull anyway. Read Ian Plimer's "Heaven + Earth" if you want the facts of todays climate change propaganda, but then again that is not what this thread is about...
just read the rest of the threads, sorry if i started this whole question of God thing which this thread is not about. i'm not religious, i'm agnostic but can appreciate your beliefs since half of my family are french catholics, the other half buddhists.

that's all i really wanted to say, well there are more things but once i give my statement no matter what it is you give your rebuttle so it's pointless. obviously our argument is one to never end and i'm sure neither of us are willing to blab on forever.

i'll leave with this, let's hope your Abbott will save the Liberals in the enxt electionor he is about to committ political suicide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)