Too young for Uni? (1 Viewer)

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
haha do you mean OP or me? i'm 19 now. I was ready at 18. I have a friend who just finished first year (B Physiotherapy) & He's 24 lol Just had other things going in his life and thought to himself 'damn i better do something' lol Lived in brazil for 6 months, has done everything and is perhaps the funniest person that i have ever met (especially hitting the clubs etc).
lol i meant the OP, im also turning 18 in feb next year ^_^

so you took a year off??? werent u doing HSC this year too tho??

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
lol i meant the OP, im also turning 18 in feb next year ^_^

so you took a year off??? werent u doing HSC this year too tho??
Yeah i was working full-time, but just didn't want to take a whole year off study so did MX2 (redid MX1). Kept me motivated. Working was a really good experience though. Just to see how different it is to school.

Again, depends on the individual. Some friends have taken a year off also and they have gone the other way and lost all motivation and don't really care about whether they go to uni or not. I'm glad i kept motivated lol

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
Yeah i was working full-time, but just didn't want to take a whole year off study so did MX2 (redid MX1). Kept me motivated. Working was a really good experience though. Just to see how different it is to school.

Again, depends on the individual. Some friends have taken a year off also and they have gone the other way and lost all motivation and don't really care about whether they go to uni or not. I'm glad i kept motivated lol
hmmmm ye my sister graduated last year and went STRAIGHT to uni not really knowing wat she wanted to do, and has lost her way quite a bit.... she's taking a year off NEXT year. Hopefully it works out as well for her as it did for you xD

Sarebs

HSC
I'm in the same position as you.

But like I always tell my family and spesh my gran when she worries, she was working full time when she was 14.

Sadiah

HSC
I have just finished year 12 and am 18 in Feb. I have never left home for any more than 2 weeks in my entire life and have lived all the time with friends and family. I really want to go to Uni next year (cant defer my music degree :S) but feel slightly scared about how young I am when going to uni (just 18) and when considering the fact that I am now moving away from home. I need your opinions!! Would anyone suggest waiting a year to "Grow up" a little.. or are most people in the same position as me in terms of leaving home when only 18? It all seems like such a big leap :S
Lol, don't be scared.

I'm 17 right now ... and will be all the way through to mid next year, hence I start uni at 17, and even I'm not as scared as much as you are :p

As for the whole "growing up" thingie ... lol, a lot of people still haven't literally "grown up" even when 20 or 22, so I've experienced. Plus ... a lot of people I know have "grown up" when as young as 17 =] ... and I'm not talking about the physical growing up mode, but I mean the internal -personal- growing up intellect.

Goodluck @ Uni.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Im in the same boat as you man, heck, I probably venture outside of my suburb about four times a year maximum.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
You will find people living in college very friendly and you will instantly make heaps of friends because everyone is in the same situation.

magickmidget

HSC
N/A
I turned eighteen in the January before I started... but sooo didn't feel ready to move out of home. First year of uni I went home during every break (even if it was just a week), and then wondered why. I had a horrible time every time I went home and just fought with my brother and parents.

Don't get me wrong, I still miss my sister like crazy (she's seven and I'm really bummed that I won't get to be around as she grows up), but moving out was one of the best things I ever did for myself - for my maturity, sanity and self esteem.

Like most people have said, it depends on the person but after the initial discomfort, you'll be fine and might find that, like me, it was great to embrace the inevitable. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)