Top 200 ranked Universities in the world (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
when i write my first journal article it will be in my sig lolz gimme 3 yrs :S

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
yep in 2nd yr.. but fcked co-author..
i want muthafucking author

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
yep in 2nd yr.. but fcked co-author..
i want muthafucking author
the thing is, in our professions we're still friggin proto-graduate newbies who can't author shit until we get to maybe postgraduate level... or maybe Honours thesis...

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
melbournian said:
I said READINGS not TEXTBOOKS! Maybe at UWS they feed everything to you (something to do with the students been so inept they cant understand anything outside of a textbook).
It's a shame you think you know everything because you obviously have no clue about education or teaching strategies and that paragraph proves it.

The teaching from textbooks or teaching from readings and self discovery follow different pedagogical theories but they are still both valid methods of instruction no matter how much you disagree with them.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
i have an acceptable compromise, i use the internet outside. configured my network for wireless.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Look, its obvious that Melbournian is trying to overcome his obvious insecurity at being unemployed upon graduation because his economics/social science degree won't really get him anywhere.

And don't say anything to me - if I have to be reduced to your level of uni comparisons - UNSW has a better Faculty of Commerce than USyd, Melbourne Uni or any other uni in Australia, and don't try to argue against that, because it's true.

And if you'll resort to personal attacks on other members (ie natstar), I'll have no choice but to remove you from this forum.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Yeah, that's another thing. At Macquarie, all the lectures and lecture notes are available on the Net. Why doesn't USYD have that?

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
natstar said:
I think its good that they have online resources. I have Webct, where I can get my lectuer notes (cuz when i write them i normally dont write everything cuz i write too slow lol), they also have online practice quizzes, grades, useful websites, different handouts the lectuers have made, message boards/student forums
I am not a big fan of WebCT or blackboard but I have to use them for studies. At one uni they consider online delivery to be providing a forum and everything they used to print out as pdf files, at another I am seeing video content, interactive tutorials, chat and so on. So each uni is slowly progressing along. It also depends on the staff members and how keen they are on getting involved. Many still have issues with technology in general.

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
lol Man so much ruckus over uni's... all us future students know each uni has their strengths and weaknesses.

Engineering has a lower UAI at UWS...does that make it a worse course?
Nanotechnology has a lower UAI at UTS than at UNSW...does that make UTS crap?

The people who read this while considering their preferences really don't care, so why should you?

Anyways good to see some australian uni's in the top 200...considering how my 'rents moved here for my education :p

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
melbournian said:
I hate to tell you girly, that is how you get jobs. By building connections so people know about your ability. I hate to ruin your holiday on jupiter, but most jobs are not advertised.
I hate to do it but i agree with melbournian..
The best, easiest way to get a good job and get a great career going is to get out there and make sure people know about you, get connections into the industry that you're planning on working in. ESPECIALLY if you're going into a highly skilled job..

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
melbournian said:
I hate to tell you girly, that is how you get jobs. By building connections so people know about your ability. I hate to ruin your holiday on jupiter, but most jobs are not advertised.
This is starting to go around in circles, let's talk specifics, how much do you think you will be making first year out of Usyd with your super duper degree with your super best friends getting you cushy jobs? How much do you think you will be earning in 5 years after graduating? Compared to others do you think you will really be that much better off once in a job?

I think you'll not find that much of a difference, I will certainly be surprised if you will be making more than 65k in the first year out and more than 90k a year after 5 years unless you undertake further studies.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
65k is a shitload.....
Besides it's not about how much you study, it's about how skillful you are... if you become a highly skilled person, can do all these things in an organisation that no one else can then you'll end up being highly paid...

Anyway to me 65k is highly paid if you're doing what you love, so i dunno what your problem is.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
65k is a shitload.....
For some perhaps, I finished from a "non-prestigious" uni and just about everyone I keep in touch with is on 55-75k in second year out. Then again most of the people I still keep in touch with had brains even if they were only doing a BA in film studies and PR.

Not-That-Bright said:
Anyway to me 65k is highly paid if you're doing what you love, so i dunno what your problem is.
My problem is melbournian keeps saying something is better, I want him to quantify how much better he thinks he will have it from a purely numeric perspective.

I don't need government figures, I want his idea on what he thinks he will be getting realistically from his privileged environment.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
natstar said:
so yeah its different, not universal
ssshhh don't give him an out, it's all black and white to him. I want to know what kind of ideas he has on what "success" at the "best" university really converts to monetarily in the "real" world :D

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
i can tell him it converts to very little, i know several relatives who employ people in skilled area's such as marketing, design, etc and when i've had discussions on them for what is the better uni, private college or whatever to go to they have told me that they have students from uws start working for them who really know their stuff, they value their skills...

I dunno wether for most jobs it really matters WHICH university you go to, or ever which marks you recieve, i'm pretty sure it'll come down to what skills you have learnt that are relative to a job, what knowledge you have gained that they can use...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)