Top Gear without Jeremy Clarkson? (1 Viewer)

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
what gonna happen with ur ticket to the show ?
Will be waiting for confirmation of the event's cancellation. Essentially it won't happen without the gang and it's been alluded to already that May and Hammond won't renew their contracts without Jezza. I expect that all tickets will be refunded.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Not into cars but I religiously watch Top Gear purely for the laughs.

All their personalities worked so well together... Oh Jeremy... Why [emoji20]
Now that Jezza has said he will work on a new car show, the question is whether he can replicate the magic they had before, or if it'll become sterile like Fifth Gear.

astroman

HSC
Now that Jezza has said he will work on a new car show, the question is whether he can replicate the magic they had before, or if it'll become sterile like Fifth Gear.
unless he can get a contract going with a big firm it won't be too good a show. top gear relied on a huge budget and was a trusted brand so car manufacturers might not even ship out supercars for reviews,etc.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
unless he can get a contract going with a big firm it won't be too good a show. top gear relied on a huge budget and was a trusted brand so car manufacturers might not even ship out supercars for reviews,etc.
Lol no, Top Gear was only successful because there wasnt big money involved. No sponsors to upset when they tell it like it is.

astroman

HSC
Lol no, Top Gear was only successful because there wasnt big money involved. No sponsors to upset when they tell it like it is.
what you mean no big money is involved?? Jezza even said in an interview that the show is successful due to the budget but that might of been sarcasm lol but still they do have a considerable amount of money to play with, much higher compared to other TV shows. Lots of money on transport, getting the cars onto the show, travelling internationally very occasionally, etc etc.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Because it's on BBC there are no advertisers threatening to pull ads because of what Jeremy said about X car or country etc.

It obviously does have a big budget given how popular it is now, but it has a big budget because its successful - not the other way around. It would likely be fairly censored and not as good if a commercial network produced it.

astroman

HSC
they could even put together a YT channel with the three like they do on /Drive

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think the reality is Jeremy Clarkson is his own brand so I don't think getting access to cars will be that much of a challenge... but that being said, having a big budget and guaranteed product visibility is always going to be a consideration when the car manufacturers need to decide who gets priority access to a limited pool of press vehicles.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
According to Yahoo:

The BBC has reportedly selected its "dream team" for the next season of its hit car show, "Top Gear."

According to the Telegraph's James Rothwell, the trio will consist of model Jodie Kidd, actor Philip Glenister, and television host Guy Martin.

Kidd, 36, is a a noted fashion model and TV personality who currently hosts "The Classic Car Show" on the UK's Channel 5. Kidd is a well-known car enthusiast and has appeared on "Top Gear" twice as guest.

Glenister, 52, has had leading roles on the British TV shows "Life on Mars" and "Ashes to Ashes." The actor currently hosts "For the Love of Cars" on Channel 4 in the UK.

Martin, 33, is a successful TV host and motorcycle racer. He's made nearly a dozen appearances at the prestigious Tourist Trophy motorcycle race on the Isle of Man.

The new hosts will take over for Jeremy Clarkson – removed from the show after nearly 30 years at the helm due to a fracas with a producer – as well as Richard Hammond and James May, both of whom chose not to renew their contracts.

Longtime executive producer Andy Wilman has also left the show.

The BBC has not set a formal date for season 23 of "Top Gear."
Source: https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/report-bbc-chosen-top-gear-hosts-164742176.html

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
the thing which made top gear so special is the bitch of the attitude which Clarkson had..

now the thing I am worried about is that if Clarkson, Hammond and May do create a new show I highly doubt they would get the funding they used to get in BBC..and because if this their new show wont be the same tier of BBC top gear..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
the thing which made top gear so special is the bitch of the attitude which Clarkson had..

now the thing I am worried about is that if Clarkson, Hammond and May do create a new show I highly doubt they would get the funding they used to get in BBC..and because if this their new show wont be the same tier of BBC top gear..
That being said this could be the tipping point for online media. If they were to partner with a large internet based media company then they might be able to get a huge breadth online and overcome the geographical restrictions which they had when they worked with the BBC. I know I'd be willing to pay something reasonable.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
That being said this could be the tipping point for online media. If they were to partner with a large internet based media company then they might be able to get a huge breadth online and overcome the geographical restrictions which they had when they worked with the BBC. I know I'd be willing to pay something reasonable.
But with the Internet based media company, isn't there already the geographical restriction. ?

Like what my mates experienced with Netflix is that they had to sometimes change their DSS to different regions so they could watch their shows. For example the new series better call Saul is in Netflix US but not in Netflix UK.. due to some licensing issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)