Top Schools of 2006 (1 Viewer)

the hsc sucks

HSC
can i just mention what school rankings mean to me? absolutely nothing because i go to a school in what sydney ppl would call a boring, almost rural area. our school does not request excessive fees or have any huge advantages. we still get great hsc results, showing, i think, that it is the teaching quality that is a major contributor to these results. money can only buy so much. and besides, after this year, none of you from 2006 hsc will care about school ranks cos u wont be there

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, it's just a moment of school pride. I personally dashed to see my school results first (also happened that the way things happened the morning of results I was going to be able to buy the newspaper before I had a chance to return home and check my results) in the hope that a) we did great so yay, we were great and b) selfishly, I must admit, I thought that if we did well, that I would do well do due to "pulling up". As it turned out, it was a Friday, so the full spiel didn't come out till Saturday and I only managed to check for the state duxes at our school. But yes, just in that moment, you want to feel proud of your school (assuming that you do go to a school with some repute), and then you get your results.....and you're over it.

shariken

HSC
Well..I think that my school won't even be on the list again..thanks to a few people I know thinking the hsc exams are a bludge.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Sparcod said:
Ok. I thought that James Ruse was the better school at maths. Which school is the best at English- rather curious but I'd say it's gotta be 1) girls 2) selective.
Well in terms of the percentage of students scoring band 6, ruse is the best at english (in the past 5 years at least).

And the BOS never release the 'average' english marks for schools so the real answer will probably always stay a mystery. I'd say even-handedly ;) it'd be ruse again, but baulko and nsghs are EXCELLENT at english as well.

Spon888

HSC
Who remembers what criteria was used to rank schools? The best way would be to use UAI's, but since they can't be released, the number of Band6's advantages the selective/academic private schools.

If they are based on English and Maths marks, James Ruse will probably take the cake. The number of 4U maths students alone contributes a lot to their success (along with the fact that the "smartest" - note the apostrophes :p, students go there) - since a large proportion of 4U students get bunched up on 90+

Anyway, my prediction, NSG>NSB (unfortunately) - you can tell which school I go to ;)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Spon888 said:
Who remembers what criteria was used to rank schools? The best way would be to use UAI's, but since they can't be released, the number of Band6's advantages the selective/academic private schools.

If they are based on English and Maths marks, James Ruse will probably take the cake. The number of 4U maths students alone contributes a lot to their success (along with the fact that the "smartest" - note the apostrophes :p, students go there) - since a large proportion of 4U students get bunched up on 90+

Anyway, my prediction, NSG>NSB (unfortunately) - you can tell which school I go to ;)
I like the inverted commas there. :)

So are you saying that JRAHS is only good at maths/english and not other subjects? Note: English and maths are the two most popular subjects.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
i kinda given up trying to argue that not all JRers r "wow"-material

but

i hope our school get bak our title of "1st comprehensive school in the state"

lost it in 2005 but we have a way better cohort this yr

Last edited:

Harkaraj

HSC
Uni Grad
I think James Ruse will easily take first, however Sydney Boys will beat North Sydney Boys and Girls and come to top 5, Baulkhum Hills and Hornsby will take 2nd and 3rd

jessdoit

HSC
No way. This is definetely the school pride of me speaking here but North Sydney Girls will stay in the top 5! But I believe that either Hornsby or Sydney Girls will get booted off the top 5...

Being a Class of 07 student though, I'm anticipating results for us far more than the 2006, although it should prove highly intriguing...

Oh and ultimately Ruse for number 1. Everyone's grown so accustomed to this recurring trend that it comes as hardly any surprise when they are first yet again year after year... Well since 10 years ago or whatever it was. But of course we all secretly want to see them go down anyway! That would be amazing.

PrettyVacant

HSC
jessdoit said:
No way. This is definetely the school pride of me speaking here but North Sydney Girls will stay in the top 5! But I believe that either Hornsby or Sydney Girls will get booted off the top 5...

Being a Class of 07 student though, I'm anticipating results for us far more than the 2006, although it should prove highly intriguing...

Oh and ultimately Ruse for number 1. Everyone's grown so accustomed to this recurring trend that it comes as hardly any surprise when they are first yet again year after year... Well since 10 years ago or whatever it was. But of course we all secretly want to see them go down anyway! That would be amazing.
Hell yeah :) NSG will regain their previous glory (eg..2004) for sure!

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Yeh, it seems James Ruse is going to be 1st again... It's like a GIVEN... I wonder how long till they drop... If they EVEN...

*chrissie*

HSC
totally! nsg kicks ass! ruse will be first but nsg will come back 2nd or 3rd.
i wonder what it will be like for our yr tho... after bloody ruse stole at least 15 of our girls over the last 3 yrs!

PrettyVacant

HSC
*chrissie* said:
totally! nsg kicks ass! ruse will be first but nsg will come back 2nd or 3rd.
i wonder what it will be like for our yr tho... after bloody ruse stole at least 15 of our girls over the last 3 yrs!
I totally agree. Argh, there are smart people from our year being abducted by the evil Ruse Aliens!

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
sydney boys for the winnnnnn.
(hope we beat all the GPS schools at least. just so we can sledge how smart we are..even if we get caned at sports.)

Wackedupwacko

HSC
whats with all this sbhs> nsb talk... that aint gonna happen :p and u know it :p in fact it hasnt happend since i attended nsb i believe... ahh well with all this bludgers in our grade .... i doubt we'll actually achieve like... extremely high... but then again with bludgers like lotto that can get 99... and alot of other ppl like that who know...

lala2

Banned
HSC
^^Yup, I'd say so too--basically, in any given year, in the top 10 will be:

- Ruse (1st, as always), then, in no particular order:
- Baulko
- NSGHS
- NSBHS
- SGHS
- SBHS
- Sydney Grammar

Other three are usually randoms--I would've put HGHS up there too except I think they were only in the top 10 for last year--is this correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)