• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Top 'speed' done and where? (1 Viewer)

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
How bout a Cayenne Turbo, or an AMG G-Class? They could surely gun it.

CieL

HSC
veterandoggy said:
the ones that will pull it past 120 are either in 4WDs and think they're something (but they pull out before 140), or they actually DO have something and end up making you drop out.
I was referring to this post.. and I interpreted as either a Pajero, Prado or something along those lines..

edit: Actually I just remembered.. I have been next to a Cayenne that gunned it..

Last edited:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
seremify007 said:
Haha... it's funny how once you've driven a car a bit... the whole "wow this car can accelerate" seems to drop.
Fuck oath!
I keep putting my foot...literally...to the floor and it just doesnt seem very fast.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
CieL said:
I was referring to this post.. and I interpreted as either a Pajero, Prado or something along those lines..

edit: Actually I just remembered.. I have been next to a Cayenne that gunned it..
yeah, i was referring to pajeros/prados and the like, however since i dont usually cruise next to people when im racing them (if you call it racing) my accuracy could be off by about 20/30 Km/h

oh, and btw, it isnt the usual "p" plater that is in the 4WDs, mostly its a dad or something.

mr_brightside said:
Just got my p's yesterday

To my suprise the camry has much less accelaration than I thought...=\
congrats! now lets see how long it takes to lose it :p kidding. you got your greens?

for me it is kinda the opposite, cos my dad got an excel (which, to my dismay, isnt a twin cam) and found it pretty shitty in many aspects, the first being that it feels like it isnt gripping onto the ground, so you feel the whole car shift on a teeny slide, and also its acceleration used to be so-so. that is, until i learnt the art of double clutching to its proper extent. it feels a bit harder, but still not enough to match the corolla which, ironically, is auto.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
mr_brightside said:
Fuck oath!
I keep putting my foot...literally...to the floor and it just doesnt seem very fast.
my corolla feels like shit between 50 and 80, because it is too high to shift down to first (unless i do it manually, in which case i have to shift back up real fast), and too low to have a real pull in second.

Jiga

To my suprise the camry has much less accelaration than I thought
Is it a 2.2L Camry or a 3L Vienta (If its an old one that is which I assume so). Personally Ive got the Vienta and they go prity well! The straight Camrys are prity crap though, way smaller engine yet they are only 50kg lighter, very sluggish.

it's funny how once you've driven a car a bit... the whole "wow this car can accelerate" seems to drop
Personally I still like acceleration :D But after flooring it or hitting it hard I feel bad, knowing that Im just wasting petrol and putting more stress on the engine for no obvious reason, so I do limit it abit now :eek: It was good though when I first drove my car, stepping up from a pissy 1.6L small sedan that accelerated like a snail to a 3L V6 which goes like a jack rabbit!

CieL

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
But after flooring it or hitting it hard I feel bad, knowing that Im just wasting petrol
AHAHA Me too!!

On the falcon I'm driving atm, it has something called Range, which gives you an approximate to how many kms you can still do on your tank.. I had about 197 on the dial.. and when I floored it to overtake this old man (going 30 in a 60 zone), the 4.0L revved to god knows where.. then I glanced at my range again.. then I realised I wasted 2km worth of petrol going 50m.. =[

That Range thing really makes you feel guilty >< I never noticed because my Honda doesn't have that..

mr_brightside

HSC
veterandoggy said:
congrats! now lets see how long it takes to lose it :p kidding. you got your greens?
haha I dont actually speed...Just accelarate fast as itll let me sometimes :p
just got me reds

Schoolies_2004 said:
Is it a 2.2L Camry or a 3L Vienta (If its an old one that is which I assume so). Personally Ive got the Vienta and they go prity well! The straight Camrys are prity crap though, way smaller engine yet they are only 50kg lighter, very sluggish.
No its a 3L V6 camry.

It was good though when I first drove my car, stepping up from a pissy 1.6L small sedan that accelerated like a snail to a 3L V6 which goes like a jack rabbit!
And im gonna have to downgrade when I buy a car :(

7th Sign

HSC
mr_brightside said:
Fuck oath!

its because its a family car lol their not designed for speed...their pretty cruisey the old camrey good for getting alot of ppl in...good for thrashing side ways hahahah...I know this crazy asian kid with a manule camery...full rare ...get in the car with him he is alwasy taking it sideways hhahah

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
the truth said:
fastest i been was 190km/ph in my frends VL turbo but its got some issues should go faster....
my other frend got a 3L NA supra he hits 200 in 4th before the speedlimiter kicks in... damn speed limiters
Speed limiters kick in at 200? o__O I thought they usually kick in at 250.

petar13 said:
How bout a Cayenne Turbo, or an AMG G-Class? They could surely gun it.
LOL... isn't there also an AMG M-class? If only BMW made an M-X5 or something.

alexxxz

HSC
if its a jdm import a lot of them had limiters at around 180-200k's.

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Yeah, there is - it's the ML55 AMG. However the G55 AMG is so much more hardcore. Reminds me of a stainless steel pocket knife. A supercharged one.

Jiga

No its a 3L V6 camry
Hmmm thats suprising, personally my Vienta seems to go prity hard, and when I floor it its very jumpy... maybe Im just comparing it to the 1.6L I use to drive. But even then, I drove dat car the other day and it was very noticable even when taking into account the smaller engine that it was sooooooo slow to accelerate.... like in my car you floor it and its heaps quick to 80, in the 1.6L it takes ages to get to 80 even with just one person im the car. Is it a wagon? They weigh like 100kgs more, maybe that has alittle to do wif it, either that or its on its last legs :uhoh:

And im gonna have to downgrade when I buy a car
With current fuel prices, thats more than likely a good thing :uhhuh:

mr_brightside

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Hmmm thats suprising, personally my Vienta seems to go prity hard, and when I floor it its very jumpy... maybe Im just comparing it to the 1.6L I use to drive. But even then, I drove dat car the other day and it was very noticable even when taking into account the smaller engine that it was sooooooo slow to accelerate.... like in my car you floor it and its heaps quick to 80, in the 1.6L it takes ages to get to 80 even with just one person im the car. Is it a wagon? They weigh like 100kgs more, maybe that has alittle to do wif it, either that or its on its last legs :uhoh:

With current fuel prices, thats more than likely a good thing :uhhuh:
It is a wagon. I think im just too used to the power =\

7th Sign said:
its because its a family car lol their not designed for speed...their pretty cruisey the old camrey good for getting alot of ppl in...good for thrashing side ways hahahah...I know this crazy asian kid with a manule camery...full rare ...get in the car with him he is alwasy taking it sideways hhahah
ahaha yeah spose your right.
Havent dared to push it sideways...being rwd and stuff im afraid of spinning out.

CieL

HSC
Camry? RWD?? Did I get something mixed up?

7th Sign

HSC
mr_brightside said:
It is a wagon. I think im just too used to the power =\

ahaha yeah spose your right.
Havent dared to push it sideways...being rwd and stuff im afraid of spinning out.

yeah well this asian kid is crazy lol...

thinks he is some asian drifter or someting lol...

Ror bones

HSC
"Havent dared to push it sideways...being rwd and stuff im afraid of spinning out." quote

you still talking about your camry?

i could have missed something but im fairly sure the closest you are gonna get to a rear wheel drive carmy is if you drive in reverse all the time

Ror bones

HSC
7th Sign said:
he must be crazy since the only way to get a front wheel drive car sideways is to use the hand brake or you can use lift off oversteer.

lift off never worked for me when i used to drive our camry,it didn't shift the weight enough

must say i never tried the hand brake on a tar road.

Last edited:

7th Sign

HSC
Ror bones said:
he must be crazy since the only way to get a front wheel drive car sideways is to use the hand brake of use lift off oversteer, mid corner.

lift off never worked for me when i used to drive our camry,it didn't shift the weight enough

must say i never tried the hand brake on a tar road.
mate come on of course he is using a handbrak on these corners...also its a manule...and this was on a gravel road...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)