Top 'speed' done and where? (1 Viewer)

F2001

HSC
CieL said:
Go-karting is hardly representative of real driving..

He'll learn that once he gets his car licence.

Seriously.. when you're gokarting.. and when you get close to someone and bump them a bit.. hardly anything happens.. when you crash/spinout, there's sand pits and tyre walls to keep you from hurting yourself [tracks are such controlled environments].. and go-karts dont go fast anyway.. I'm yet to see someone roll out of their kart.. their centre of gravity is so low compared to cars they just dont seem to flip no matter how you trash it.. plus if there's an accident, there's warning lights all over the course so you're prepared for what happens.. whereas on a real road, most likely you can't see much ahead.. thank god for ABS..

Go karting is childs play. You don't even need to think about other people's lives. My reaction is totally opposite when a gokart spins out compared to when a car spins out in front of you. I laugh or I get scared.

Daniel should get in a real car and drive around in high speeds at an unknown location before he says all this bullshit about himself.

Also, on REAL roads, you get all sorts of drivers.. especially those of the shit variety.. on a track, you'd expect the drivers to be competent of some sort.. but in real life.. you get drunks on the road, old people with vision impairment who can't even stay in their own lane.. mums who are too busy shouting and looking at their kids in the back seat rather than the road.. people who think they're all mighty.. you just DONT know who's in the drivers seat.. which makes everything so different..

This argument is getting so lame.

I can't believe someone is talking about how good they are just because they can operate a go-kart. Fuck.. this is why even little kids can play go-karting. It's like a glorified version of bumper cars.
Senna, Schumacher, even Hamilton were gods of karting. Operating a kart may not be hard at all, but operate it quick. How about James Courtney?

Cars with ABS are blasphemy. Rear wheel ABS - fair enough. No ABS is the absolute fun way. If you can't modulate your brake pedal properly, and yet to you road driving is much more reprisentative of skill?

Go karts don't go fast? What class you been in? The hire 9hp ones? lol

They do flip, and I have seen people fall out personally and in many videos at dedicated karting sites as well as youtube etc.

In the old days (think back to Justin Wilson, Anthony Davidson, Dan Wheldon) they didn't have those plastic bumpers (I agree this was stupid) and a friend of mine (right now driving in LMP2) use to joke you could hang off the rear axle of the guy infront with your foot :)

So driving around a bunch of clowns (old, blind, idiotic, drunk) is representative of skill level or intelligence while driving?

Reread your post, road driving is really nothing. In fact the only thing I consider road driving as a skill measure is the massive elevation changes and sharp repetitive bumps in the roads (and that is what tests your braking ability to the max without ABS). I've even had the thought pop in to my head to overtake/dive down the inside of someone on the road, but that's just dumb. So how do you test your overtaking ability? Flip the left indicator on or yell "get the fuck out of the right lane"

No point in even bringing up road vs track. Just about totally different. But to criticize karts like that is...

daniel4592 said:
Ok Fine I dont even see why I bother trying to explain to a guy who thinks because it never happend to him that is why you are trying such an arrogant aproach.
Where did you see a racing driver that hasn't gone through go-karting?
True Go karting is much easier but all its meant for is to get you used to the faster better stuff of course its easy thats why you can do it when you are 7 years old.
Its not that hard to become a racing driver this is why you are sayign i am a liar visit websites like bmw ADAC Formula it has a how to get started section.
I will end this here as I dont want to fight over something stupid and little like this its my private stuff what ever happends will happend.
No I do not smoke anything I do not drink as I find it stupid to do so and my family wouldn't take it well.
I dont like Aussie cars either I dont know why I think they are overrated here and none of them are truly aussie Holden Is a part and started of by GM who is American and Ford well Ford is Fully American so Asutralia dosent really have cars but yes i think the M3 would thrash anything either have to offer esspecially holden seeing as ford has the GT40 but that certinally would not handle as well as the M3 around a track.
Ford GT? Re visit racing history 30 years ago please. XB Coupe @ Bathurst? The only other cars to dominate Australia Touring car scene was the JPS 635csi & Godzilla.

Falcon is an Australian platform. Focus, Mondea, new Fiesta are all Euro platforms and use ZF boxes.
Holden's Commodore chassis/platform is Australian too.

And if you do not have funding for European Formula Renault, you should go Formula Ford locally first.

Riet said:
They're non turbos. 145kW and 160kW respectively.. Somehow the R32 is faster even though it's got less power... The bike only has 40 hp but will still leave you standing except it tops about 150 km/h.

Shot at 2007-08-17
What diffs do the cars use?

Last edited:

jimmayyy

HSC
whilst driving it would only be about 135 km/h on the way down to wollongong. in the passenger seat ive hit 165 on a winding road. turns your guts inside out.

Keepleft

HSC
N/A
mR.aCAdEMiK said:
oh yeh and at 150 my car was shaking so much - particularly the windows that i thought they were going 2 literally fall off. Far i need a new car.
What you need are new tyres, those that are 'out of round' will typically tell you by shuddering/shaking the car at between 105-120km/h.

Some wise cracks should note *some* folk have incriminated themselves in online forums, and it can happen here with the boastings.

What matters to me personally in on road observation of other drivers, is their manner, behaviour, tidiness, lane discipline, indicator use and the fullness of that, their mirror use, and whether or not they pull out in front of even faster closing traffic.

I can see two high-enders on a road, often one will be tidy and cautious, the other quite the opposite, 'just fast'.

One of them will come unstuck at some stage, hopefully the untidy one improves with exposure before that liklihood eventuates.

Exposure to 'learning-speed' and how to handle all that as a learner, P1 or P2 license holder need not mean high-speeds are required to achieve so, just use these years to refine your driving skills.

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
12kmh on my electric scooter on a local street. Don't tell anyone but I was unlicensed and the vehicle was unregistered.

Pace_T

HSC
ari89 said:
12kmh on my electric scooter on a local street. Don't tell anyone but I was unlicensed and the vehicle was unregistered.
youre so funny, man

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Pace_T said:
youre so funny, man
I KNOW!!!!!!!
I thought in the spirit of the bullshit of this thread I should add a story

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
yeh ari, your ruining the serious bragging about our sik cars and how we enjoy endangering lives.
I actually drove a manual today so that was putting peoples lives at danger so I belong in this thread.
My brother got a fully sic woggy skyline this week and the insurance finally went through so I had a go.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
woooo i hit 183km/h in a proton waja which has a 1.6L engine. i even recorded video proof with my left hand whilst driving :) aren't i fully siK?!

ps. it's a stock waja too.. i didn't even know a 1.6L could get to that speed. but sigh, a 2.0L camry, a 350z, a 335i and a CLS350 overtook me :(

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I've done it in a 1.6L, you just need a really really long road. But it's also a fucking stupid thing to do.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
almost done now said:
was that downhill in neutral :)
No it was on the NS highway in Malaysia. It takes a long road.. but thankfully the highways are privately owned so there's not too many cars, and nice long smooth stretches of road :)

ps. It was also an automatic.

CieL

HSC
Can you go whatever speeds in m'sia or something?

Foxodi

HSC
My fastest was 110 on my L's :x Though I consistently go above the speed limit - but just as much as everyone else really (bout 10 over the limit?, depends on road)

Pace_T

HSC
Foxodi said:
My fastest was 110 on my L's :x Though I consistently go above the speed limit - but just as much as everyone else really (bout 10 over the limit?, depends on road)
yeah well ur a beginner at driving. wait til you have to pay the government fine after fine cause you feel the need to go 10 k's over what ever the limit is. its so stupid.

is it just me or do most fuckwit red p platers speed at least 10ks over the limit but most green p platers go under the limit? i guess that way you can tell which drivers have been booked and those who havent :p

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
seremify007 said:
woooo i hit 183km/h in a proton waja which has a 1.6L engine. i even recorded video proof with my left hand whilst driving :) aren't i fully siK?!

ps. it's a stock waja too.. i didn't even know a 1.6L could get to that speed. but sigh, a 2.0L camry, a 350z, a 335i and a CLS350 overtook me :(
hahaha didn't the proton start shaking it like a drag queen to ABBA?

1harkina

HSC
fuck 220 is fast
the most ive done is 150-160 in france
but its hard to get caught there plus they dont have a demerit system
id b 2 scared to lose my licence here

kill.

HSC
Sorry guys but this is what gives P-Platers a bad name...

People who speed intentionally.

Each to their own, but all I want to say is be careful, its your own choice but make sure the people in your car with you don't oppose it.

Imagine killing your friends when they asked you to slow down.

I have lost friends from this and I truly dont believe you appreciate and respect the road rules and other drivers until you lose someone who means alot to you.

Just like glycerine I am happily a slow driver; that is to say, I drive at the speed limit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)