• Gym

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Other (where?)

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

farmer123

HSC
weight training at gym
cardio training around neighbourhood (jogging)

risole is right, gyms have a great atmosphere to push yourself and really get your moneys worth.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I used to do pushups at home, havnt done in ages tho, probably can only do like 50 now, i used to be able to do 50 without any exhaustion at all.
After last 2 uni exams, i'll get back to weights, home gym for me, lets see if i can break my personal record of 100 straight pushups :)

Kanny

HSC
i dont have a power rack at home, and i can't afford that many weights.

stats

90kg bench
110 squat
140 deadlift

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
happii said:
personally i train at home. i find it has more flexibility, freedom and obviously better access. oh and $$$ does help.

where do you train and why?
i used to train at home but gym is the way to go. not fitness first though. thats for flaming homosexuals. jks kooks love ya. nah i go to cronulla fitness. i like it cos its smaller and it still has heaps good trainers and older guys there who give you advice. easy to motivate yourself and everyone helps each other out.

at fitness first people wouldnt help you out as much they'd be like, 'go away im full of roids!'

and the trainers would be like. 'SHUT UP and give me some more money otherwise i wont tell you anything'

Kezekya

HSC
Home: Generally, its so much easier BUT you can slack off really really easily. Because its so close means, happy weight lifting. Though I can probably say the reason I still participate at my local gym, is because I can show off.

russs

yeeeee
HSC
Training at home < Training at the gym

Somehow, the athmosphere just works :)

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
I prefer training at the gym :)
the atmosphere is more motivating :)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
motivated when ur surrounded by muscley men?

how about self motivation, that you'll look like that one day.

im fairly happy with how i currently look :)

quite eager to build on more muscle, AT HOME.

..but might get a gym membership at the local tafe, my mum can get it cheap and i cant really work out everything at home.

dux&src

HSC
motivated when ur surrounded by muscley men?

how about self motivation, that you'll look like that one day.

im fairly happy with how i currently look :)

quite eager to build on more muscle, AT HOME.

..but might get a gym membership at the local tafe, my mum can get it cheap and i cant really work out everything at home.
haha .....sometimes..

that's good that you are happy with the way you look :)

more muscle? wow :) keep it up

Fext

HSC
training at home is for the cheap/lazy.

you benefit from the gym so much more.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Training at home is either very limited or very expensive.

A $500 annual gym membership ($50p/month) will typically give you access to A full range of fixed dbs, a lot of weight plates/bbs, lots of benches, machines and classes. That money on a home gym will get you fuck-all weight and maybe a crappy bench. To get a good home gym set up (bb, 200kg of olympic weights, bench, squat rack, pull-up bar, some dbs/kbs) will cost much much more than $500.

If you train at home then the best option is calisthenics (bodyweight exercises) and cardio. Push-ups, air squats, pull-ups, sit-ups, burpees, tricep dips, hand-stand push-ups and running. Local playgrounds can be good value because they have loads of bars for pull-ups and can be combined well with running. A set of gymnastics rings can add an enormous number of possible exercises.

Ultimately though the quickest way to get big and strong is to lift heavy weights, it is not cost-effective to do this at home.

artist91

HSC
neither. i get hit on by gross sweaty men at the gym. and the all women's ones are weird. so i run! lots and lots and lots! i did heaps of track and cross-country in florida so it's a fun way for me to keep fit. it beats home/gym by far cause it's a good change of scenery!

dux&src

HSC
neither. i get hit on by gross sweaty men at the gym. and the all women's ones are weird. so i run! lots and lots and lots! i did heaps of track and cross-country in florida so it's a fun way for me to keep fit. it beats home/gym by far cause it's a good change of scenery!
too true :(

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
The problem with a running focused regime is that it will tend to develop a physique which is slim but has a relatively high bodyfat percentage. This is because it will not tend to build muscle-mass and increasing muscle mass is the key to a faster metabolism and more fat-burn.

High-intensity running mixed with calisthenics can be a good option. For example:

Doing the below as fast as possible

Sprint 300m
20 pushups
10 pullups
Sprint 200m
30 pushups
15 pullups
Sprint 100m
40 pushups
20 pullups
Walking lunge 100m

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
holy crap, that looks interesting and awesome, loquosagacious!

i did something similar, but it involved heavy weights on sunday arvo, and missing my bus on monday morning and so powerwalking 2km to the station, and sprinting the last 150m to not miss my train :)

i still have doms from sunday, will have it till about thursday, but now my legs are very tired :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)