Transfer from UWS to any well known university (1 Viewer)

tk31

HSC
Hey everyone.

Okay, with the 2009 ATAR out, to my shock, i didnt make the cut for most universities. im JUST outside the bloody bonus points scheme for Macquarie Uni (0.55 ATAR points off from being eligible) and my only current option is UWS.

Is it really hard to transfer from what is known as a low-grade university to something such as UTS?

Also, how long do u need to study at UWS for to be eligible for a transfer to a different university?

DanQ1991

HSC
Hey,

I'm on exactly the same boat as you. I knew my ATAR would turn out pretty bad but not THAT bad.

I'd assume you're in the high 50's, low 60's? Don't worry, a lot of others got worse who are more stranded than we are.

At the moment, there isn't much choice. I'd say get into ANY uni we can and move from there. It'd be easier than transferring from TAFE. As long as you've stepped into the "circle" I suppose, then things may be alright.

You'll have to work VERY hard at UWS to get the top marks before they'll consider you. With all places, the top places normally see the 'regular' places as a lower standard. You will have to prove them wrong.

I'm still looking up further info on requirements but that's all I know right now.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Its no more difficult than transfer from anywhere else other than you might need to get a higher GPA because your ATAR is lower. Its not like you have to get higher marks just because you went to UWS. Its not as bad as you think.

Good luck

MooshyMoosh

HSC
It's not as hard as you think. But you should study at UWS for at least a year, and get good marks in relevant subjects before you could transfer. However, it also depends on what course you want to study.

UWS isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It all comes down to personal interest in the course you're studying, and how much effort you're willing to put into it. For example, my friends are studying science and food science at UWS, and they absolutely love it there. Another friend studied forensic science [which I think only UWS and UTS teach], and one of his friends actually transfered from UTS to UWS because the UTS forensic science was 'too much theory, not enough practical experience'. (Lol sorry for the science scenarios, most of my friends are doing science ^^)

As long as you enjoy the course you're studying, it doesn't matter what uni you go to.

tk31

HSC
Hey,

I'd assume you're in the high 50's, low 60's? Don't worry, a lot of others got worse who are more stranded than we are.
Lol. lower 70s to be exact.

okay, so UWS isnt as bad as they make it out to be... well i'll probably be attending the open day/info night it has on the 4th i think.

thanks all.

Im only considering UWS because i get 5 bonus points just for getting band 5 in math.

I also dont freaking get the 72.55 cutoff (yes u probably guessed my ATAR by now) for mac uni, i would have easily made my 74 ATAR course with the bonus points awarded for my subjects.

HSC
Er...am I missing something here...?

Lol. lower 70s to be exact.
Alright.

i get 5 bonus points
Great.

I also dont freaking get the 72.55 cutoff

70 + 5 = 75
71 + 5 = 76
72 + 5 = 77
73 + 5 = 78....

i would have easily made my 74 ATAR course with the bonus points
So considering you got:

lower 70s to be exact.
You should've gotten in?

And transfer really depends on where you want to work. UWS is fine for Campbelltown area....

It also depends on the course, I mean why bother transferring to USYD commerce (accounting) for e.g. if UWS has the exact same degree that will be recognized by the Australian Chartered Accounts the exact same.

Unless you want to transfer into the big boys' courses like Combined Law, Medicine or Pyschology at USYD, UNSW, UTS or MACQ (which is a hard feat) then UWS isn't that bad....

Stringer Bell

HSC
N/A
If you can't get a ATAR in the 90's your not meant to go a good University. Stay at UWS please.

DanQ1991

HSC
If you can't get a ATAR in the 90's your not meant to go a good University. Stay at UWS please.
Haha. You couldn't even write "you're" properly in your previous post here. Look at yourself first before putting others down.

rollipop

Shmeh. Shmeeeeeh.
HSC
Haha. You couldn't even write "you're" properly in your previous post here. Look at yourself first before putting others down.
BAAAAHAHAHA! You got told, motherfucker.

Nice, DanQ. :haha:

Kalashnikov47

HSC
I reckon UWS should change it's name to "Pathway College to ______ (substitute a uni's name)"

miaowsha

HSC
Someone already ripped on your pathetic spelling? Good good. Let me guess, you don't even go to uni because your ATAR is *? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)