Transfering from UWS (BBC) to UTS (BB) (1 Viewer)

krush3r

HSC
I'm looking to transfer from UWS Business and Commerce to UTS B Business.
End of this year I will have completed my first year. My marks are as follows:
GPA after 1st semester: 5
UAI: 67.70

I'm not sure exactly what else I need to do besides apply using UAC, I heard something about a statement. And what marks do you think this semester that I will need to be a good chance of getting in. And how many subjects would they exempt if I do get in? (I did core subjects of: stats for business, economics, macroeconomics, management, marketing, business academic skills, business law and accounting)

any help would be great
thanks

Jonathan

UTSBusLaw

Student Services
HSC
Hi Jonathan,

Unfortunately, the only way to apply for undergraduate courses is through UAC. There used to be a process where you submit a personal statement, but that has since been removed. I'm not sure as to what scale you're using when you say you have a GPA of 5, so I can't comment on your chances of admission as marks required to get in changes every year. It simply depends on the quality of applicants at each intake. But UAC generally takes your university marks if they're better than your UAI as it is a true indicator of how you would or have been coping with tertiary studies.

As far as exemptions are concerned, if you have done:

Accounting Reports and Decisions and Financial Applications between 2006-2008 you can get an exemptions for 22107 - Accounting for Business.

Introduction to Business Law in 2006-2008 will get you 79203 - Business Law and Ethics.

Managing Foundations in 2006-2008 would get you 21129 - Managing People and Organisations.

Introductory Economics or Micro+Macro in 2006-2008 would get you 25115 - Economics for Business.

Statistics for Business in 2006-2008 would get you 26134 - Business Statistics

Finally, Marketing Principles in 2006-2008 would get you 24108 - Marketing Foundations.

These are of course potential exemptions ;)

Hope this helps.

brad616

HSC
I'm looking to transfer from UWS Business and Commerce to UTS B Business.
End of this year I will have completed my first year. My marks are as follows:
GPA after 1st semester: 5
UAI: 67.70

I'm not sure exactly what else I need to do besides apply using UAC, I heard something about a statement. And what marks do you think this semester that I will need to be a good chance of getting in. And how many subjects would they exempt if I do get in? (I did core subjects of: stats for business, economics, macroeconomics, management, marketing, business academic skills, business law and accounting)

any help would be great
thanks

Jonathan
Insearch would be the best way to go

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)