• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Transferring from Macq. BCom/LLB to UNSW/USYD BCom/LLB OR BComm at UNSW - C/D average (1 Viewer)

HSC
Transferring from Macq. BCom/LLB to UNSW/USYD BCom/LLB.

Since I'm quite certain that I won't be expecting a high ATAR in the 99.55 area (possibly 95+ to 98+ is realistic at the moment), how difficult is it to transfer from the Macquarie BCom/LLB degree to UNSW or USYD BCom/LLB? What kind of university results do they require (e.g. Credit Average, Distinction Average HD etc). Do they still take your ATAR into account?

And would it better to begin in a BComm degree at UNSW, maintain a credit or distinction average (depending on the ATAR in the end) and then transfer into Law? Or is it more wise to begin in the BCom/LLB Macquarie degree and then try and transfer?

Thanks, and sorry for the long title :).

Last edited:

04er

HSC
Re: Transferring from Macq. BCom/LLB to UNSW/USYD BCom/LLB.

you need a D average (around 75). yeah they'll still look at your ATAR.

not sure which option is wiser as I don't know how likely you are to get a D average

danal353

HSC
Re: Transferring from Macq. BCom/LLB to UNSW/USYD BCom/LLB.

I heard that if you get 95+ and do a course that can be combined with law at UNSW, you can transfer into law second year as long as you get a credit average

Palmer007

HSC
Re: Transferring from Macq. BCom/LLB to UNSW/USYD BCom/LLB OR BComm at UNSW - C/D ave

It is Easier to get into the UNI you want to first and then just transfer courses, so yes you would be able to transfer from BCom to Law in UNSW and you would probably need a credit maybe even distinction as your minimum marks to transfer, and no they wont really take into account your ATAR when transfering

lawstudent

HSC
Re: Transferring from Macq. BCom/LLB to UNSW/USYD BCom/LLB OR BComm at UNSW - C/D ave

B/COM at UNSW first, then transfer second year. Heaps of my friends did it this way, and they're doing better than the people who got in first year. like me =(

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A

Palmer007 said:
It is Easier to get into the UNI you want to first and then just transfer courses, so yes you would be able to transfer from BCom to Law in UNSW and you would probably need a credit maybe even distinction as your minimum marks to transfer, and no they wont really take into account your ATAR when transfering
i wish noobs wouldn't spread this kind of misinformation.

UNSW law faculty does not draw a distinction between transferors from a UNSW non-law degree and those from a non-UNSW degree. as this pagehttps://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/program_transfer/program_trans_Law.html indicates, there appears to be no differential treatment in terms of university grades and ATAR.

the only difference - as far as I'm aware - is the internal transfer process is handled by UNSW student administration, whereas external transfer is handled by UAC.

leoyh

mic`
HSC

The rule is if you get a uai of 95-97, you need a distinction average in first year. If your uai is 97+ you need a credit average. In either case, this is supposed to guarantee you a spot they say, but it's safer to aim high obviously. They look at your UAI and WAM on a 50/50 basis. But yes, it's much easier to go to UNSW first and do Comm then transfer to Comm/law to begin in 2nd year. It won't really make much of a difference anyway cause in first year, comm students and comm/law students do 6 of the same subjects out of the total full time load of 8, so nothing is really different.

jellybelly59

HSC

i wish noobs wouldn't spread this kind of misinformation.

UNSW law faculty does not draw a distinction between transferors from a UNSW non-law degree and those from a non-UNSW degree. as this page indicates, there appears to be no differential treatment in terms of university grades and ATAR.

the only difference - as far as I'm aware - is the internal transfer process is handled by UNSW student administration, whereas external transfer is handled by UAC.
hmm... they didn't tell us this on open day :( they clearly said they favoured internal transfers over external transfers

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)