Transferring into Media and Communications? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I've applied to transfer into Media and Communications however on the UAC website it says that it's subject to being competitive.
I was just wondering if people had any idea as to how competitive it is? I only missed out last year by a couple of points and I've heard they take into account both your ATAR and your Uni mark (which wasn't super amazing for Sem 1).

My HSC mark was 93.7 and my WAM for uni first semester was 67.8 (apparently that's not too good)
Do you think there's a chance to get in, if I do better this semester? or will there be no spots left if a lot of HSC people get the right ATAR?

Thanks x

rope

HSC
N/A
Check this document to convert your marks to an NRSL (non-recent school leaver) rank
The NRSL rank for admission is usually lower than the atar cutoff (e.g. for law, p.24 of this document shows it's been about 3 points below the atar cutoff). So assuming it's about the same for meco you'll need to aim for about 92.5, which should be around a mid credit average with 1 full year of study under your belt + your atar. Very doable.

Better yet, you should be able to get specific, current numbers by talking to the university admissions people (you're probably not going to get anything out of the meco/arts faculty people). Good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)