Transferring (1 Viewer)

brad616

HSC
If I were you I would ask the uni if you could do Business subjects this semester despite being in a different degree. It is a long shot but they might take into consideration that your UAI would be highly competitive for a transfer.

If they dont and you dont like Property Economics, take 6 months off and get a job. Then start again next year....

BTW your semester of Property Economics would count as 24 CP of unspecified electives..... meaning you have done the equivalent of a semester of a B Bus degree.
Am trying to get subjects approved at the moment but very difficult from my Student Admin any one know how long u have to wait before u can submit another eRequest?:spzz:

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Am trying to get subjects approved at the moment but very difficult from my Student Admin any one know how long u have to wait before u can submit another eRequest?:spzz:
eRequests can be approved/rejected from within 24hours to up to 2 weeks.

brad616

HSC
eRequests can be approved/rejected from within 24hours to up to 2 weeks.
Thanks I have just submitted one and am looking forward to the results. I still not sure about Business though I also like the sounds of communications and law. But I can go into both of those from business anyway. :wave:

Doomah

HSC
look just do all 8 subjects this year, so long as you get a gpa of 4.5+ out of 7, then u will get into b.bus next year.

there is no gaurantee with your UAI u will get in next year. as you were only .5 points above the cuttoff.

its easier to transfer based on you GPA than it is your UAI......

Last edited:

brad616

HSC
look just do all 8 subjects this year, so long as you get a gpa of 4.5+ out of 7, then u will get into b.bus next year.

there is no gaurantee with your UAI u will get in next year. as you were only .5 points above the cuttoff.

its easier to transfer based on you GPA than it is your UAI......
Truee but I just got my results and they werent as good as I would've liked! So I think my UAI is excellent 91.95 and the cut-off at K-gai which isnt too far away from where I live is 86.00 and is 81 or 82.00 at Macquarie so I will get in to one of those unis definately. Also even if they do raise the UAI I still have passed some subjects so I will have some credits under my belt which can also be taken into consideration. As well quite a lot of people got in to business with lower UAI's as they take in other things i.e bonus points (may not apply to me as non school leaver), work experience, InpUTS Access Scheme etc.

Doomah

HSC
if you have done/attempted 4 subjects already, then u can only do 1 more this semester.

if u do 6 in a year that is considered "full time"

Doomah

HSC
well thats how i read the rules. but as with anything you have to talk with UTS and read the UAC guide to confirm...

Questions YOU need to ask:

1st semester was full time, if 2nd semester was part time (1 subject), will that still consider me as a recent school leaver?

if not then how is my UAI going to be considered.

Last edited:

brad616

HSC
well thats how i read the rules. but as with anything you have to talk with UTS and read the UAC guide to confirm...

1st semester was full time, if 2nd semester was part time (1 subject), will that still consider me as a recent school leaver?

Thanks, where did you read these rules from? also do u no where I can get the number for the Business faculty.. cant find it anywhere.

brad616

HSC

Truee

Doomah

HSC
its usually on each of the unis section on the UAC guide, under "selection criteria"

brad616

HSC
Ok thanks sooo much!! Where can I get the UAC guide from?
Are you sure that I cannot complete 2 or 3 subjects and then have 6 or 7 subjects and it still count 100% UAI. Due to the fact that 8 subjects is usually considered "full time."

sickk

HSC
UAC guide will come out in mid august, you can buy them from the post office (i think), otherwise just steal it off some highschool kids, or ask in the general HSC forum what the cut offs are with the new ATAR system, theres a conversion table for UAI/ATAR aswell somewhere

brad616

HSC
UAC guide will come out in mid august, you can buy them from the post office (i think), otherwise just steal it off some highschool kids, or ask in the general HSC forum what the cut offs are with the new ATAR system, theres a conversion table for UAI/ATAR aswell somewhere
Thanks- any more advice??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)