• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Transferring (1 Viewer)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
redruM said:
is it me or has it mostly (if not all) of the acceptancees been 1st yrs so far?
man go to uni tomororw and see Maggie...thats what a friend of mine did...she was wanting to see if they had decided or not and when she went in, Maggie told her she was successful...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Supra said:
man go to uni tomororw and see Maggie...thats what a friend of mine did...she was wanting to see if they had decided or not and when she went in, Maggie told her she was successful...
i'd rather be rejected via email, rather than in person or by phone. :eek:

actually its a good idea to go and see her. i'll wear knee pads underneath already, so when the time comes, i can drop (very) drammatically to my knees. ;)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Give her a call, thats what i did, and she told me i didnt get in last year :)

X

xeuyrawp

redruM said:
i'll wear knee pads underneath already, so when the time comes, i can drop (very) drammatically to my knees. ;)
Be sure to keep some extra lip gloss handy, as well. ;)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
AsyLum said:
Give her a call, thats what i did, and she told me i didnt get in last year :)
from experience, it feels better to be told you have failed, rather than firstly ask and then be told.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
They kinda don't tell you you havent made it, unless you call them.

Its a system of "we'll call you" if you're successful

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
AsyLum said:
They kinda don't tell you you havent made it, unless you call them.

Its a system of "we'll call you" if you're successful
makes you feel even more insignificant.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Be sure to keep some extra lip gloss handy, as well. ;)
its good getting advice from experts in the field. ;)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, damn so thats why i didnt get in :(

CrashOveride

HSC
Is it too late to swap degrees now from Sem1 for a 2nd yr student?

Im acst/science but i wanted to go acst/finance....im holding onto science for a bit incase i get a scholarship

otherwise..can i just take normal acst/fin units in sem1 and transfer into it 2nd sem, with no problems ?

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Smokin'Squirrel said:
BUSL is a joke but it provides a reasonable foundation if I am going to enter 2nd yr law subjects. If it were equivalent to the LAw2xx subjects, then I would get a waiver. As it isn't, I would argue that I am already familiar with many of the concepts that will underpin the law2xx subjects.

I am new at most of this and so I appreciate your opinion. However, I still believe that a little bit of hard work will see me through those 2nd year subjects. Additionally, if I am learning things in 100 level subjects simultaneously, won't it then strengthen my ability to apply those techniques?
Yeah, I guess you'll already be familiar with Contracts...which is the trickiest of the 2 200-level first sem units.

I'm sure you'll be fine. It sounds like you're pretty switched on about the whole law thing for a newbie.

Smokin'Squirrel

Learning to Surf
HSC
GoodToGo said:
Yeah, I guess you'll already be familiar with Contracts...which is the trickiest of the 2 200-level first sem units.

I'm sure you'll be fine. It sounds like you're pretty switched on about the whole law thing for a newbie.
Cheers... I've spent a fair bit of time working most of this stuff out. Now I just have to get through the course...

Hey Goodtogo, I was wondering if you have done or heard of any law electives that would be worth looking at? Also, any that you would avoid like the plague would be handy.

I know it will be a while until I have to worry about them but any insights would be helpful.

Last edited:

Smokin'Squirrel

Learning to Surf
HSC
I just got an offer from UAC, straight into B Com-Accounting/LLb... Which means...

Someone else can have my position in the law quota

Good luck to anyone who wants it. Now I just have to work out if I'm going to jump through that little loop hole or not.
:) :) :)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
CrashOveride said:
Is it too late to swap degrees now from Sem1 for a 2nd yr student?

Im acst/science but i wanted to go acst/finance....im holding onto science for a bit incase i get a scholarship

otherwise..can i just take normal acst/fin units in sem1 and transfer into it 2nd sem, with no problems ?
Degree Transfer forms will be available from the 19th December to 6th January 2006.
mate you're goin for that comp scholarship...i say stuck to acst/comp for now...the thing is you might have to do that comp unit if you want that degree (and the scholarship ;)). The thing is, acst/fin people do their elective as well, but i still think you should go for the scholarship and if you don't get it, transfer to fin/acst (or whatever double degree) AFTER 1st sem (like terry) and do that elective later on...
Best thing to do if you have doubts is to call Westcott...

btw congrats Smokin'Squirrel...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
no law for me. :(

spoke to maggie on the phone. its unfortunate, as i really wanted to do it. oh well....

she said i needed a gpa of around 2.9-ish, with a uai of 94-ish.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
redruM said:
no law for me. :(

spoke to maggie on the phone. its unfortunate, as i really wanted to do it. oh well....

she said i needed a gpa of around 2.9-ish, with a uai of 94-ish.
that's seriously fucked man...

shit now im not sure if she got into law either, coz she got less uai and gpa 3...ill call her :)

if neither of you get in...ill be very lonely :(

Rahul consider post-grad law at Usyd...that's better in the end...i wanted to do that, but it might be expensive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)