Transformation: RAGAD and Hamlet! (1 Viewer)

Rampager

HSC
I thought this Module question was so fucking terrible, I also like someone else in the thread had my essay thought out for: social order, fate/destiny, death.

I managed to incorporate all into it,
Social order - discussed individuality and how Elizabethan's were focussed as a group rather than individual control.
Fate/Destiny - Straight forward
Death - No idea what I talkefd about, just fucking rambled and hoped for the mark(s).

The one thing I couldn't incorporate was the damn extract, fuck you, that quote except for one part "For all the compasses... they only point in one direction" was utterly fucking useless. /sigh.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
marcquelle said:
can i ask just curious what was the question?
using the extract below as a starting point, analyse the ways in which a comparative study of hamlet and RAGAD invites reflections on the control that individuals have in society:
quote about ros knowing life ends only in death

andynhan

HSC
The quote was something like

before we know the words for out. Out we come, bloodied and squalling, with the knowledge that for all points on the compass, there's only one direction and time its only measure

well it was more complete then that but somewhere along those lines

lawrence.h

HSC
you know, with soooo many people talking about this here, EVEN THOUGH we never have to talk about it again, it just shows that maybe all of you genuinely found Hamlet and R&G interesting.

I have to say I did like R&G. Quite funny

melmont13

HSC
andynhan said:
:uhoh: i found that question way to specific.. for everyone who done destiny and fate as a theme... they hit jackpot.. unfortunately i did death!
As if you couldn't incorporate death & mortality into that; I managed to. Social Order was my other main theme; fuck yeah. But bullshit question I agree.

Shlav

HSC
i wrote about the lack of control they have in the novel fate and death
dude you could write about death because intuition of mortality implies that theres is a reasomn for deat...in hamlets its to go to heaven and in R&G are dead its living life itself so therefore writing about death is right and the quote fit it perfectly..

lizliz

HSC
the main thing i had trouble with was like the whole use the quote as a starting point cos i was thinking
"do they want me to analyse the whole thing or just use a part of it"

a friend of mine was so pissed off cos she had memorised that quote and didn't want to look as if she had memorised no quotes at all and just scammed the fact they put an extract in the question!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
lizliz said:
the main thing i had trouble with was like the whole use the quote as a starting point cos i was thinking
"do they want me to analyse the whole thing or just use a part of it"

a friend of mine was so pissed off cos she had memorised that quote and didn't want to look as if she had memorised no quotes at all and just scammed the fact they put an extract in the question!
holy shit really? the entire quote? what an odd coincidence

rachelm90

HSC
I did death and fate. I just twisted it by saying that individuals had little control as their beliefs and values are controlled by their society and context. I then used my two topics and showed the connection between the views in the text and the context it was written in. My fate topic also fit in really well

Matt1120

Basically a History Nerd
HSC
"we have no control"

Yeah i forgot that quote to lol. I liked it and I found I could make it work with death. The passage they gave us strenghtend that idea lol. I also did reality lol which didnt work that well with it lol

O well who cares no more english

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)