Transformation: RAGAD and Hamlet! (1 Viewer)

Olympus15

HSC
I did death and mortality and destiny and fate. I think i managed to incorporate death kind of well into it though, cause i sort of linked it back to how R+G have no control, and that they are destined to die, and its hamlet's choice to not kill himself as "the everlasting set his canon gainst self slaughter" etcetc.

andynhan

HSC
WELL at least its over !!! lol

time to push english aside and focus on biology!

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
Livie---!! said:
Well you obviously did great! lol bit late for those notes now but :)
lol hopefully if a) the examiners can read my writing (its as good as it gets for thats ection cause i did it first) b) since i specnt 50 mins on it i still managed to go 2 2nd booklets for the other modules as well, but only just unlike my 12 pages for this

if u asked b4 id have been happy 2 help

transformations is the one thing, along with mod. C, but more so Mod A, that i conceptually get in english

HSC
sreggin said:
o shit did we have to talk about hamlelt AND ros n gil?
surely you aren't serious??

the question was way too specific, there are so many themes and values that can be talked about, and they picked ONE. what's with exam questions being so specific? kinda limits our essay-age.

but at least they picked destiny/fate etc and not like, the role of The Players or something haha.

velzee

In silence let him lie.
HSC
omg i loved the question, i used the role of characters and the players, they tie in perfectly, especially if the quotes are right.

Loved using my quote : "We're trajedians you see. We follow directions- there is no choice involved."

lol yersss

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
velzee said:
omg i loved the question, i used the role of characters and the players, they tie in perfectly, especially if the quotes are right.

Loved using my quote : "We're trajedians you see. We follow directions- there is no choice involved."

lol yersss
i had all that sort of shit and i forgot it

sigh

bendha

HSC
isn't this question mainly the focus on how the 'individuals' has control on society ? like it doesn't really matter if you use death or fate or destiny .. and if you only have death as the only theme in ur essay ... ehh no?

NickyFM

HSC
I was like =D when i saw that question
my main thing was control
i also did death, but i just manipulated it to suit the question and said how they couldn't control the inevitability of death:p
Thank you BOS.
Unfortunately due to the fact that i fucking hate 2 unit english i didn't study enough and therefore, the structure of my hamlet essay was probably a B range structure.

Cob-was-here

HSC
I found that the question detracted my attention from language forms and features and stuff like that. Only remembered halfway through to put all that sort of stuff in - luckily I saved it. Did this happen to anyone else?

Anyway, the question was DOG.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
NickyFM said:
I was like =D when i saw that question
my main thing was control
i also did death, but i just manipulated it to suit the question and said how they couldn't control the inevitability of death:p
Thank you BOS.
Unfortunately due to the fact that i fucking hate 2 unit english i didn't study enough and therefore, the structure of my hamlet essay was probably a B range structure.
same here, i said u couldnt contol the inevitability of death (as shown in hamlet) transformed by stoppard to say so as a result we should take control of our lives and act or they will be as meaningless as our death.

you and i got lucky i think...

Last edited:

jcsmith

HSC
I managed to work the essay question.

I really enjoyed these texts. Stoppard is a little strange ( The Real Inspector Hound is better! Go Ext 1! Haha) but writes very well.

I like the quote from RAGAD:
Guil: "Why are we are? Who are we that so much, that so much should converge on our little deaths? Who are we?"
Player: "You are rosencrantz and Guildernstern. That's enough."

For RAGAD - talked about inevitablitity of death, and the place of the everyday man - who has no control.

for Hamlet, i explained how because the monarchy has choice, they have control.

My whole argument was pretty much those with choice - have control.

NickyFM

HSC
-may-cat- said:
same here, i said u couldn't contol the inevitability of death (as shown in hamlet) transformed by stoppard to say so as a result she should take control of our lives and act or they will be as meaningless as our death.

you and i got lucky i think...
Yeah we were lucky
But what do you mean by you referred to 'our death?'
And who is "she" :p

jcsmith

HSC
Hey NickyFM,

What's your topic for Ext. English?

And I really hate 2unit English too - have the same Ext and Advanced teacher.. So much work. Treats the 1 unit subject likea 2unit subject.. gosh..

bendha

HSC
i did rng inevitability of death, predetermined destinies, paralleled to the audience - hence empathy. hamlet's reflecting the elizabethan beliefs to also show the 'control' he has over his society. u've got rng's metaphorical "wheels have been set in motion". My essay just keeps looking better now

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
NickyFM said:
Yeah we were lucky
But what do you mean by you referred to 'our death?'
And who is "she" :p
1- collective term
2- typo

maddy99

HSC
i was really happy i already talked a lot about that stuff in an assignment i did so i just reused it so good for me! i basically argued that main characters in both have no control ie hamlet is controlled by requirements of Divine Justice and by the conventions of Revenge Tragedy, and also by his own temperament and Ros and Guil are trapped by narrative of Hamlet - 'smaller movement within a larger one' kinda thing - dramatic irony ...and rambled on etc individuals can't escape fate can't function autonomously all that kinda stuff lol i dont think i incorporated the quote very well tho! but that being said it was probably my best one lol anyways i'll stop rambling

NickyFM

HSC
Manos said:
Hey Faggots,

My name is John, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass pictures. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any pussy? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures on facebook.
Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was captain of the football team, and starter on my basketball team. What sports do you play, other than "jack off to naked drawn Japanese people?" I also get straight A's, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It's me and my bitch
Gosh John, I'm so disappointed that you're taken. Clearly from how you've addressed a bunch of HSC students discussing an exam you're irresistible. I sure hope that you didn't do advanced english though. Your grammar is terrible.

NickyFM

HSC
jcsmith said:
Hey NickyFM,

What's your topic for Ext. English?

And I really hate 2unit English too - have the same Ext and Advanced teacher.. So much work. Treats the 1 unit subject likea 2unit subject.. gosh..
The good old exciting postmodernism.
I actually don't mind it. It's kind of interesting to read a load of shit made up by some old people bored with their lives. Especially Roland Barthes. I mean seriously, that bullshit he's made up about the "pleasure of the text" is just stating the obvious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)