Travelling without using elec or fossil fuels (1 Viewer)

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Who here travels to uni/school/work without using fossil fuels or electricity, and travels more than 5km?

How do you travel and how far do you travel?

me121

Premium Member
HSC
All you people.... your killing the Earth!! Ride a bike, row your boat, walk, ride a horse! do something else but the car! its emission free, faster (depending on traffic), gives you exercise, cheaper...etc

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
me121 said:
All you people.... your killing the Earth!! Ride a bike, row your boat, walk, ride a horse! do something else but the car! its emission free, faster (depending on traffic), gives you exercise, cheaper...etc
Find me a way to travel the 70-80 odd kms to and from uni every day (in a reasonable time frame) without murdering mother nature and I will do it. Hint: magic carpet is not an option.

Also, enviro-hippies brainwashed me into thinking that by taking public transport everywhere I'm a better person. But trains use electricity and buses burn fossil fuels

LIES I TELL YOU :(

me121

Premium Member
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Find me a way to travel the 70-80 odd kms to and from uni every day (in a reasonable time frame) without murdering mother nature and I will do it. Hint: magic carpet is not an option.

Also, enviro-hippies brainwashed me into thinking that by taking public transport everywhere I'm a better person. But trains use electricity and buses burn fossil fuels

LIES I TELL YOU :(
i am not some eco/enviro freek.

if you travel that far, and the train is really inconvenient/non-existent then i can see that you don't have much choice.

trains use electricty, but 1 train's co2 emissions from electricty generation is a lot less than the amount of a petrol car times the number of people in the train.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
oh I use teh train lol. I can't drive so even if I felt like being a slut to the environment I couldn't.

It just got me thinking, is all. I suppose if you live right in the city, you can walk everywhere, so you wouldn't need a car (it confuses me that people will still choose to have a car when they live literally a stone's throw from EVERYTHING, what's the point?)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Car to station (20 mins), train to redfern (40 mins), walk to uni (20 mins).

I need the car. Otherwise I'd get someone to drop me off and that burns twice as much fuel. Unreliable buses and an unwillingness to add another hour onto my travel time = car.

That said, it's a tiny tiny car. $40 to fill up and I get 400km out of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)