Trial Discussion Thread. (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
I forgot to wish you guys good luck yesterday - so here is my belated good luck.

Makematics

HSC
I've got all my trials + AMC + ICAS left.

The funny thing is I'll probably be more nervous for ICAS than anything else just because of last year and expectations etc etc.
what happened last year? :S wish my school offered ICAS but oh well...
edit: googled it... mirin'

Last edited:

coyney

HSC
Any tips to as how I'm going to remember around 28 quotes and techniques for tomorrow?
(Module A: 4 for Blade Runner + 4 for Frankenstein , Module B: 4 for each of the 3 Speeches , Module C: 4 for Julius Caesar + 4 for ORT)

Last edited:

Frostbitten

HSC
Who else is going to get absolutely raped in the modules? Because, I know I am. I haven't even peppered it.

Frostbitten

HSC
Do you guys think it is compulsory to have critics in your Hamlet response? Contemplating whether to have them or not.

SuperMike96

HSC
Do you guys think it is compulsory to have critics in your Hamlet response? Contemplating whether to have them or not.
It isn't compulsory...but it shows that you have a wide knowledge of different interpretations, and have done significant research to form your own interpretation.

Frostbitten

HSC
It isn't compulsory...but it shows that you have a wide knowledge of different interpretations, and have done significant research to form your own interpretation.
Hmm ok, so you would advise in incorporating opinions from known literary figures including their name, then proceed to use their opinion to support your view whether it be to challenge or to agree with what they say?

SuperMike96

HSC
Hmm ok, so you would advise in incorporating opinions from known literary figures including their name, then proceed to use their opinion to support your view whether it be to challenge or to agree with what they say?
Yeah that sounds about right. Just make sure you are using it to further your own interpretation..otherwise it's almost useless.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Are you guys doing 1 or 2 orts for your modules? Any idea if it is likely we will get 2? (CSSA)

coyney

HSC
Are you guys doing 1 or 2 orts for your modules? Any idea if it is likely we will get 2? (CSSA)
In advanced (I'm assuming it'll be similar for standard) it has always been "at least one" in the hsc and every year in the CSSA, except last year, where it stated only one (CSSA 2012)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
In advanced (I'm assuming it'll be similar for standard) it has always been "at least one" in the hsc and every year in the CSSA, except last year, where it stated only one (CSSA 2012)
Yeah its basically the same, just different texts i guess.

Sounds like i can get away with one, awesome :D

Makematics

HSC
luckily our english head teacher told us beforehand we would only need to know one for the trails :)

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
90% of the time it's at least one.

So I prepare for two texts (I have 3 themes, I only use two for the essay).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)