Trial Discussion Thread. (1 Viewer)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
You're really bad
Reading 13, Creative 13, Belonging essay 13 / Mod A 16, Mod B 17, Mod C 16

Gosh im a snake

I got 10/15 for Creative and 12/15 for the essay (AOS)

Anything less than a Band 6 is a stuff up IMO and I got a 14/20 for Module B and a 16/20 for Module A (17/20 being Band 6). They would be awesome marks for anyone else but not for me.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I can confirm this, he studied 12 hrs a day for a few weeks.
Probably like two weeks, but more than 12 hours.

Basically, I moved into my new house in the last week of school. No internet. Nothing to do besides watch my dad paint. I had no internet for around 2-3 weeks.

So I just studied everyday. Without me realising how much I had completed. Before I knew it, I completed all of crime for legal, English essays for stuff we haven't started and all of this other work. I would say that some days I went for 16 hours.

Then I decided to stop one day. I couldn't get back into it the following day. For the last three weeks of the holidays, I was struggling to write three words.

I go back to school, I'm handed with orgasmic results from previous tasks completed before the end of the last school year (first year 12 assessments). Thus, my inability to study coupled with my newfound complacency set up the perfect storm for a set back. In fact, it probably took me 3 months to start studying again.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

Basically, I moved into my new house in the last week of school. No internet. Nothing to do besides watch my dad paint. I had no internet for around 2-3 weeks.

So I just studied everyday. Without me realising how much I had completed. Before I knew it, I completed all of crime for legal, English essays for stuff we haven't started and all of this other work. I would say that some days I went for 16 hours.

Then I decided to stop one day. I couldn't get back into it the following day. For the last three weeks of the holidays, I was struggling to write three words.

I go back to school, I'm handed with orgasmic results from previous tasks completed before the end of the last school year (first year 12 assessments). Thus, my inability to study coupled with my newfound complacency set up the perfect storm for a set back. In fact, it probably took me 3 months to start studying again.
At least you were productive in the time, i bet you don't regret it.\

Post 1000, yay :p

D94

HSC
N/A
Jeebus
I mean the b6 that Realize was referring to, is that your 'aligned' mark or the mark you put into an ATAR calc
Like...I think the raw 78 = b6 after aligning
but is the raw 78 put into the ATAR calc or is the b6 put into the ATAR calc
You should put your aligned mark in the ATAR calculators.

What the ATAR calculators spit out is the percentile. For example, I got 91 in Modern History, so that placed me in the 97.3th percentile (HSC 2011). BOS gives UAC your raw HSC exam mark and your moderated assessment mark, both before alignment with the standards. With this information, UAC is able to determine a scaled mark corresponding to each percentile as shown in Table A3. That table is obviously condensed as noted at the top.

But the idea is that once you get your percentile, you can determine a rough number for your scaled mark. Add all your scaled marks up, that gives you your aggregate. Then, the ATAR calculators go to Table A7 to A9 to determine your corresponding ATAR.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
You're really bad
Reading 13, Creative 13, Belonging essay 13 / Mod A 16, Mod B 17, Mod C 16

Gosh im a snake
Oh he's really bad? :p These are my year 11 trial marks since I haven't got year 12 yet (yes our yearlies in year 11 were trials lol...)

Reading: 15
Creative: 14
Essay: 14

Mod A: 18
Mod B: 20
Mod C: 20

As you were.

zmccu3

HSC
3 down 3 to go. ancient tomorrow then business thursday, english friday. getting so sick of hand writing 3000 words a day!

bhsrepresent

HSC

+1

Pretty much my year thus far. Did heaps in the beginning and did jack after then and was left to cram when the important times came round!

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
You should put your aligned mark in the ATAR calculators.

What the ATAR calculators spit out is the percentile. For example, I got 91 in Modern History, so that placed me in the 97.3th percentile (HSC 2011). BOS gives UAC your raw HSC exam mark and your moderated assessment mark, both before alignment with the standards. With this information, UAC is able to determine a scaled mark corresponding to each percentile as shown in Table A3. That table is obviously condensed as noted at the top.

But the idea is that once you get your percentile, you can determine a rough number for your scaled mark. Add all your scaled marks up, that gives you your aggregate. Then, the ATAR calculators go to Table A7 to A9 to determine your corresponding ATAR.
Wow so much stuff I didn't know, thanks a lot man.

Last edited:

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Oh he's really bad? :p These are my year 11 trial marks since I haven't got year 12 yet (yes our yearlies in year 11 were trials lol...)

Reading: 15
Creative: 14
Essay: 14

Mod A: 18
Mod B: 20
Mod C: 20

As you were.
Ignore him mate. He's a mate of mine from school that feels on top of the world since he came 2nd in English (and I came 6th, behind him by 5%)

All dis North Shore Chatswood coaching and only 5%. Deal with it.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Teehee, admit its my best effort so far this year.
@RealiseNothing marks are all relative though, but with this being said, props to you, solid effort though. You go to a selective school by any chance?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Tbh I didn't even think I wrote that well anyway, I was surprised that I came second as I didn't achieve the top marks in any section, I guess it was consistency that saved me.

jaycoo50

HSC
Tbh I didn't even think I wrote that well anyway, I was surprised that I came second as I didn't achieve the top marks in any section, I guess it was consistency that saved me.
bullshit artist, you study 24/7 x 7 days, this would be your true fact, for being consistent throughout the year. wtf you wanna about, "I am second, I didn't even think I wrote well" will i think you knew what to write and as a result you came second. bullshit artist

right now, I am in year 10, I achieve 95% in maths exams, cause I study 24/7. all hard work, no pain no gain, bro

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
bullshit artist, you study 24/7 x 7 days, this would be your true fact, for being consistent throughout the year. wtf you wanna about, "I am second, I didn't even think I wrote well" will i think you knew what to write and as a result you came second. bullshit artist

right now, I am in year 10, I achieve 95% in maths exams, cause I study 24/7. all hard work, no pain no gain, bro
nah obliviousninja wasn't awesome at english before this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)