Trial HSC - stressed or not? (1 Viewer)

Aysce

HSC
iSplicer. Is it recommended that one takes a rest after trials? If so for how long? I have been getting differing opinions.
If you're extremely motivated, I don't see a problem with continuing BUT rest for a week or so.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
iSplicer. Is it recommended that one takes a rest after trials? If so for how long? I have been getting differing opinions.
I recommend it. I took 2-3 days off where I did nothing but sit at home, watch my favourite films and eat nutella out of a jar.

Only do this if you're confident in your abilities to JUMP straight back to studying full speed/eating healthy IMMEDIATELY afterwards.

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
i can't think of many people who will keep up the studying that intensely. i plan to take a break and just focus on homework, reading notes when i'm bored for around 2 weeks :)

RushDawgs

HSC
Uni Grad
i have about 3 days till my trials and im calm and all, but the stress is quite high cause i haven't been studying :/

onedaysnotice

HSC
I haven't studied at all. I've just ripped some notes off the resources section like always. Here's to a good atar! Yayyyyy.....

jenslekman

HSC
come on - at LEAST a week :)

and im guessing after a week youll be bored and wanna start doing some work again haha

eat_well

HSC
I'm about halfway through my trials (cause my school is weird) but I remember being EXTREMELY stressed the day before my first English exam. I cried about 7 times because I couldn't remember my quotes but it didn't turn out too badly.
Right now I'm kind of going oh geez..another exam. I've almost forgotten that this is the last internal assessment I'll ever do cause it's so much more relaxing now.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
What about some light study for the first 4 days then go back?

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Not sitting my trials personally, but my tutoring students are quite nervous as the English papers are approaching very soon. I remember 1 year ago, I sat Paper 1 and Paper 2 in a span of two days, It was probably the worst day of my life and damn stressful encounter.

And few days later, Maths and Business in one day it was more hell.

FreeLearner

HSC
English paper 1 and 2 are the most stressful!!!! Especially since there always first :/! problem for me isn't remembering quotes (I hope) its more like responding to the question correctly, without making my essay go all over the place. Holy crap less than 2days till trials...

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
English paper 1 and 2 are the most stressful!!!! Especially since there always first :/! problem for me isn't remembering quotes (I hope) its more like responding to the question correctly, without making my essay go all over the place. Holy crap less than 2days till trials...
Yeah, I was so stressed about the questions. Like what if they had a question that was very 'specific' and etc.

George121

HSC
not stressed for paper 1, but i am crapping myself for paper 2

i need advice for paper 2..
i have prepared essays and all.. but i'm not confident

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Have you written practice essays?

(Don't know what the standard is for Std. English).

Btany

HSC
I am so stressed and worried it is ridiculous
I scraped through my assessments last minute with marks ranging from 70% in music to low to mid 90s for english. I haven't ever done an assessment that wasn't the night before for the entirety of the hsc year :/
My dilemma now is that trials are in 2 days with music and english paper 1 first (+ straight after trials my S&C pip is due that i havent started) and I haven't started studying at all and right now im in Canberra babysitting 6 children so ill have to travel back to sydney tomorrow (so there goes half a day of studying). I feel like crying half the time and I am so stressed it is ridiculous, but I know there's no use and its my fault for not studying. At the same time i keep thinking ill be fine and get through it cos I have the whole year!
I don't know what to do now :L

C

Chayum

Guys just remember that there's ALWAYS a life after the HSC.

I'm personally stressed.. but not to the point where I'm pulling my hair out.
It's like I feel guilty from sitting around and procrastinating-stress.

jenslekman

HSC
wow you all seem to be feeling pretty stressed O_O

I guess everything will be okay as soon as we finish the english exams haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)