Trial vs HSC (1 Viewer)

blinx96

HSC
hey guys, i was wondering has anyone found the physics, chem and 2 unit maths HSC papers harder than the CSSA trials (or even the independent trials or whatever their school did)?
like seriously all my trials (except for adv english which was 77) were 80 or above... and theres no way I'm getting a raw 80 in physics and chem (minimum of 68 for chem and 63 for physics and a maximum of 73 for each subject, and I've accounted for the harsh marking lols)
and has anyone found our exams to be harder than the previous HSC ones (i know many people are saying maths was and i defs agree, but what about chemistry and physics), or am i just stupid and a choker when it comes to the HSC?
and i feel so depressed.... i was headed for an ATAR of 95 ish now I've kissed that goodbye and i ll be lucky to get higher than 92 (I still reckon i can get above 90 which is what i wanted from the beginning of year 11)
the only good thing is that I'm rank one for 2 unit, physics, chem and bio (my last exam... the last time i ll get bent over by the HSC)
but yeh HSC fucked me hard lol, anyone else feel the same about the HSC and trials, or even feeling depressed after the HSC( 1 and a half years of deadset solid study... feels like I've kinda wasted time, but i know that it made a difference, otherwise i wouldve failed if i didnt study at all)?
peace out.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Ask yourself this: Did you try your best?

Can you look at yourself and say that you are happy with how you did?

If so, then you have nothing to worry about. Just relax. HSC is only a grain of sand in life from what I've heard from others.

blinx96

HSC
Ask yourself this: Did you try your best?

Can you look at yourself and say that you are happy with how you did?

If so, then you have nothing to worry about. Just relax. HSC is only a grain of sand in life from what I've heard from others.
yeh thats true, and i did try my best (i gave it all... maybe i used too much before the end of HSC), and i ll only be happy if i get over 90 ATAR lol (even 90.05 will make be really happy :) )

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Bonus points?

Yeah I know how you feel. If I get less than 88 and miss out on my course, I will be devastated.

And I remember saying to myself before HSC that I probably only deserve band 6 in ext1, Chemistry and English Advanced.
And a high band 5 in Ext 2 and Physics, but I want to get all-rounders.
And a band 2 in economics.

Whatever. I guess it doesn't matter too much within a few months or so after results.

blinx96

HSC
Bonus points?

Yeah I know how you feel. If I get less than 88 and miss out on my course, I will be devastated.

And I remember saying to myself before HSC that I probably only deserve band 6 in ext1, Chemistry and English Advanced.
And a high band 5 in Ext 2 and Physics, but I want to get all-rounders.
And a band 2 in economics.

Whatever. I guess it doesn't matter too much within a few months or so after results.
Thats definitely true... yeh I'm fine with bonus points but i need 90 or above to get my scholarship lol hence y i want 90 that bad
my raw marks should get me mid band 5's for all subjects (since I'm rank 1, except for english) and maybe 88 ish for 2 unit
so i kinda have a chance for 90 (the only thing saving me is my rank 1 lol)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
UWS I'm guessing.

I think the scholarships put extra pressure on people.

Ideally I want to get something but meh.

blinx96

HSC
UWS I'm guessing.

I think the scholarships put extra pressure on people.

Ideally I want to get something but meh.
ahah yeh UWS (btw i got one for UTS the science one and for UNSW... some random one lol)
and yeh they defs put pressure on people lol

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I got nominated for da new south but that was always my goal so yeah.
I only found out last week so I was ok with it.

Congrats on getting all three, but I think your school should have sorted them out to whichever uni each person wanted to go to.
I explicitly told the staff I was going to UNSW so they didn't consider me for UTS, and gave it to someone else.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
By the way, all these spectators here lurking at the thread. Feel free to post.

lolwot

HSC
Yeah I didn't go as well as I thought I'd go even tho I've done like 10x more work than trials, especially maths then i got killed by that 2u paper ;/, and I fell hella guilty because I got the UNSW scholarship as well, don't feel I deserve it now.

Last edited:

blinx96

HSC
Yeah I didn't go as well as I thought I'd go even tho I've done like 10x more work than trials, especially maths then i got killed by that 2u paper ;/, and I fell hella guilty because I got the UNSW scholarship as well, don't feel I deserve it now.
thank god i aint the only one who feels this way.... my last chance is bio lol

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
If no-one else in your grade was better than you, then you deserve it.
Don't worry too much. The worst thing can happen is that you end up at a different uni.

I told our Physics class today who doesn't even study: "there's always tafe"

Then again, I don't even think they can get over 30 ATAR.

blinx96

HSC
lol this HSC demoralised me... rock bottom confidence, maths got to me, but chem was worse
but yeh the only thing in my favour is my rank one is all but english (which was skeptical)

Candidate

HSC
THIS. I got it too and they call us in to school to present it publicly with our ATAR scores. Gonna be the most embarrassing day ever.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
THIS. I got it too and they call us in to school to present it publicly with our ATAR scores. Gonna be the most embarrassing day ever.
You should ask them not to announce your ATAR if you don't want to.
Ours is just like the presentation for years 7-11 but with only the award.

They announce the dux the year after lol.

blinx96

HSC
presentation... i didnt turn up for the UWS one last year lols
and the UNSW one, i said don't bother just give it my mail or by hand privately
UTS... via teacher email ahahhah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)