• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Trials!! (1 Viewer)

Aznmichael92

HSC
I only got maths back, 86%. I feel so bad. Getting easy bits wrong and getting hard bits right. Hate my silly mistakes.

Aznmichael92

HSC
Melisoverschool said:
don't worry about the trial school certificate because it only counts towards school marks. it's the actual school certificate you need to worry about and even that doesn't really matter in the long run DON'T STRESS
um not neccessarily true. Correct me if i am wrong but School marks are considered assessment marks and sc exam is considered examination mark. The average of those two are use to generate ur SC Mark. I am not putting pressure on anyone but I am just saying what I think is correct.

speedofsound

HSC
victoria10 said:
my trials are monday, tuesday and friday of next week :)
then yearlys first week back in term 4 and SC in week 3.

oh im excited.
You have trials AND yearlys? Our yearlys are our trials...

victoria10

HSC
speedofsound said:
You have trials AND yearlys? Our yearlys are our trials...
well the yearlys are for things like our electives and PDHPE so thats 4 exams that mean a bit.
then our yealrys for our core subjects arent that big of a deal, but like i still gotta do them.

lame...

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
um not neccessarily true. Correct me if i am wrong but School marks are considered assessment marks and sc exam is considered examination mark. The average of those two are use to generate ur SC Mark. I am not putting pressure on anyone but I am just saying what I think is correct.
the examination mark is separate on the school certificate- the actual certificate that you receive at the end of the year. just under that section of the external exam marks is a section where your internal marks are listed as a grade A, B, C etc which your teachers decide based on rank so the trials are only one exam that goes towards that school based grade they are not the be all and end all. i didnt go all that well in the trial school certificate but kept respectable ranks and ended up doing really well in the external exams and the school grades so don't stress over the trials too much

alexvision

HSC
Yeah I'm in the same situation, in on day 2 (only 2 more days ::lol: )

They've been pretty easy so far, English was actually quite difficult (damn you dodgy multi choice that has 2 answers) and there wasn't enough time to write a creative writing task and a essay ???

Maths and Science is what I'm really worried about, but i just can't motivate myself enough to study seriously :(

Science tomorrow and Maths on Friday( i get to go home at recess tomorrow :) but I probs need to study cause I suck at Maths and my teacher doesn't have a clue (I was a lot better last year:( ) )

speedofsound

HSC
alexvision said:
Maths and Science is what I'm really worried about, but i just can't motivate myself enough to study seriously :(
Oh, me too. In fact, I nearly got crucified for that by a few of my friends the other day... just because I said I don't wanna study for maths and science. haha. They seem to think failing a year 10 exam would be the end of the world.

alexvision

HSC
I reckon I'm set for science, 80+

But Maths, I'd be happy to get 60% :(
(maths is my worst subject at the best of times)

robibro

HSC
Well mine are over and done with now *wipes forehaed* Have only got Science back so far, which I did surprisingly okay in - 76.5%. I thought I would do so much worse in Science because I'm a diabetic and I went low halfway through the exam :(

It was funny though cause i stuffed up 3 in a row in the multiple choice, in the exact spot where i realised i should probably get up and check my blood sugar levels :eek:

ah well, i got an extra 20 mins tacked onto the end to finish it because of it (i love my special provisons :p)

M

mascara

I sat my Science and English trial exams today. English was fairly straightforward and easy. Science, however, was horrid. I left out a short answer question and around five multiple choice questions because I didn't have enough time to finish. Urgh. There's no way I got over 70%. I'm praying for a pass.

HSC
robibro said:
Well mine are over and done with now *wipes forehaed* Have only got Science back so far, which I did surprisingly okay in - 76.5%. I thought I would do so much worse in Science because I'm a diabetic and I went low halfway through the exam :(

It was funny though cause i stuffed up 3 in a row in the multiple choice, in the exact spot where i realised i should probably get up and check my blood sugar levels :eek:

ah well, i got an extra 20 mins tacked onto the end to finish it because of it (i love my special provisons :p)
but what about when you don't have exams ?
hehehe

cHoke-meh

HSC
:( Mine are on the last two days of this term. English and Science first day, then Maths, History, and Geo the next.

Aznmichael92

HSC
i didnt do that well in science and maths compared to my grade. Percentage by the way

Maths - 86 (should get 89 as they didnt add it up properly)
Science - 85
Commerce - 91
IST - 89
Geography - 92

The others havent got back yet. :D I am not looking forward to my english result, I am certain I bombed it

suzlee

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
i didnt do that well in science and maths compared to my grade. Percentage by the way

Maths - 86 (should get 89 as they didnt add it up properly)
Science - 85
Commerce - 91
IST - 89
Geography - 92

The others havent got back yet. :D I am not looking forward to my english result, I am certain I bombed it
Did you do trials on your electives?? Isn't just the five subjects plus IT? :S

Aznmichael92

HSC
suzlee said:
Did you do trials on your electives?? Isn't just the five subjects plus IT? :S
well for electives, we have our yearlys during th trials. So there is really only 6 trials (eng,maths,sci,geo,history, Computer)

We then have yearlies for some electives and PE. Electives with yearly during the trials are, IST, Commerce, Food tech and elective history

suzlee

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
well for electives, we have our yearlys during th trials. So there is really only 6 trials (eng,maths,sci,geo,history, Computer)

We then have yearlies for some electives and PE. Electives with yearly during the trials are, IST, Commerce, Food tech and elective history
Oh I see... We have yearlies AFTER the real SC. That's really weird..
So what do you guys do after SC? You'd have nothing left to study for;

rolror88

HSC
N/A
^ That's the whole point!! lol, seriously I have no idea. Bludge our way till the end of the year (like a month)? Placement tests for next year for maths and english?? No idea TBH.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
ughhh... trials... pffttt...i'll probably stuff them up, esp maths, english and science

suzlee

HSC
rolror88 said:
^ That's the whole point!! lol, seriously I have no idea. Bludge our way till the end of the year (like a month)? Placement tests for next year for maths and english?? No idea TBH.

lol, okay :p
I don't know what I'd prefer. I don't want to be overwhelmed by SC trials + yearlies, but I don't want to be stuck with them after the real SC...

smushieex

HSC
I did most of my trials last week.
heh, didn't end up studying for most of them ..
o_o

my last exam on monday is MATHS!
yeah, what joy. T_T

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)