Trumpeters Unite!! (1 Viewer)

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
ujuphleg said:
pfff! trumpeters :p LOL the arrogance of the music world...
who here thinks ujuphleg is a fag ......fuCK..... what a dick head go to the Con workshop thread if your not aware......fuCK........ :mad:

chepas

HSC
trumpet geek said:
my higher register is crazy cos it changes all the time. / Dont you love it when u get those days when you can play like really really high without even tryin?? / .... i hate those people who can play that high all the time.... sometimes even higher!!! How do they do it seriously!!! O well my higher register is improving heaps cos at the beggining of this year i was having trouble playing high C's! that was baaaad cos it was silly and my teacher got angry at me! wooops!
Yeah same here on those points. Last term i had the shittest stretch of a few weeks where my embouchure just died and couldn't play anything decent at all... what is that? It's some weird sensation that causes instant loss of being able to play or what??? I think it might have had something to do with what lip stuff i was wearing, cos in winter it just becomes unbearable...

Spekaing of, what do you guys do/use if you use any at all? I use lip-eze or just vaso, but lip-eze I find makes your lips really stiff so it's crap if you need to play in the half hour/hour after you rinse it off. That was probably my problem from ^... :rolleyes: And hey, we gotta protect the lips somehow, without them we are jsut fucked...hehe.

Re: 2nd last posst, yeah, ARE there any other trumpeters on BOS?

Re: Last post, I'm sitting on the fence with this one, neither here nor there... :rolleyes: :cool:

Lexi

HSC
N/A
*Waves*

Hey guys! I'm a trumpeter ... Although I'm sitting the HSC on piano ... So what's happening in here?

Oh, and please don't turn all bitter about the Winter Con thing ... I was going to go ... What's wrong with that?

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
timyates_87 said:
who here thinks ujuphleg is a fag ......fuCK..... what a dick head go to the Con workshop thread if your not aware......fuCK........ :mad:
you're just pissed off cos you can't actually defend what you're saying about the Con workshop COS YOU DIDN'T GO!!!

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
Lexi said:
Oh, and please don't turn all bitter about the Winter Con thing ... I was going to go ... What's wrong with that?
hehehe don't worry im over the argument, so yeh cool whos your teacher, what do you like to play, and "how high" hehehe

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
ujuphleg said:
you're just pissed off cos you can't actually defend what you're saying about the Con workshop COS YOU DIDN'T GO!!!

go away ur not a trumpet player!!! why dont u go and start ur own little oboe thread. And it doesnt matter whether we went to that con workshop or not who cares its not like were gona fail our HSC cos we didnt go to that.

chepas

HSC
Lexi said:
Hey guys! I'm a trumpeter ... Although I'm sitting the HSC on piano ... So what's happening in here?

..and what did you start first.. tpt or piano??!? :D

Any thoughts on types/brands etc of trumpets/diff players recordings/styles etc???

[/interrogation] :p

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
um yeah tis a bit of a problem when ur lips go all dry cos of the cold weather and they crack and it hurts and it gets infected and stuff... i use like chapstick or something but i hate it cos it gets all sticky and i need to wipe it off before i play otherwise i cant grip the mouthpiece onto my lips cos it slides off!! hehe o well!

Lexi

HSC
N/A
chepas said:
..and what did you start first.. tpt or piano??!? :D
Any thoughts on types/brands etc of trumpets/diff players recordings/styles etc???
[/interrogation] :p
timyates_87 said:
hehehe don't worry im over the argument, so yeh cool whos your teacher, what do you like to play, and "how high" hehehe
Lol ... This is like the third degree *Hides eyes*. I started Piano first ... When I was 5. I started the trumpet when I was 11 ... And I can probably get up to a G ... (Not the upper one, the one an octave below) - But my teacher, Vikka says that its not how high you can go that matters - My emotive techniques are more important ... Especially in the pieces I enjoy playing.
Well ... I play a Yamaha - purely because I like the brand. I play a Baritone Saxophone of the same brand, and I own a Yamaha alto too.
I love blues music- like the Blues Brothers movie (please tell me you've seen it ... I'm getting a little concerned about the lask of teenage viewers it has). I also love Louis Armstrong songs, and the Broadway George Gershwin things. (What can I say ... I love Crooners).
I play traditional things- all the lovely old somgs like Blue Moon, and in band we play all he crappy one's, The Lion King, and 1812 Overture.

What about you guys? Or have you already covered this above? ^^^

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
YAY! Nice one Lexi tis true what ur teacher said - trumpet playing isnt all about playing LOUD and HIGH!! Way too many people (including myself) get sooo stuck into trying to play loud and high and stuff and forget to work on the actual sound of the instrument. Ur ultimate goal in trumpet playing should be to play with a nice, rich, beautiful sound, and not to be able to play hiiiiigggghh although it would be great to be able to plaaayyy up there all the time hehe. And yeah as long as u enjoy playing thats all it matters!! Im a shit player with a shit trumpet, but i love playing da trumpet and i love music so im gona keep playing trumpet for da rest of my life cos its soooo much fun!

Lexi

HSC
N/A
Finally! Someone who agrees with me. There's a guy at my school who he and I have been playing together for ages and, I can admit it, can get up WAY higher than me. But I sound SOO much better! *Gloats*

Returning to a caring person now ... I love your opinion on music Geekie! Remember that whenever you get shitty about playing ... Especially for the HSC. It's my mantra. "I love playing music- It's for me, not for them. I love playing music- It's for me, not for them."

Luvs.

HSC
I am just getting back into trumpet. I started playing a while ago then stopped, and i have picked it up recently and im trying to get my technique back. So does anyone know some good trumpet repertoire, stuff that is like cool relaxing jazz stuff or whatever? I am slowly getting my range back, and I'm up to g (1.5 octaves above middle c). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
untying_average said:
I am just getting back into trumpet. I started playing a while ago then stopped, and i have picked it up recently and im trying to get my technique back. So does anyone know some good trumpet repertoire, stuff that is like cool relaxing jazz stuff or whatever? I am slowly getting my range back, and I'm up to g (1.5 octaves above middle c). Any suggestions would be appreciated.
good on ya mate i think thats a very good decision ta take up trumpet again!! um....... u should try and play along with chet baker recordings cos he's styles so nice and relaxing, and usually he wont play too high so should be within ur range. As long as u dont start rippin into maynard furgeson straight away!!! Are u gona play trumpet just for fun or are u gona start taking it up seriously???

HSC
trumpet geek said:
good on ya mate i think thats a very good decision ta take up trumpet again!! um....... u should try and play along with chet baker recordings cos he's styles so nice and relaxing, and usually he wont play too high so should be within ur range. As long as u dont start rippin into maynard furgeson straight away!!! Are u gona play trumpet just for fun or are u gona start taking it up seriously???
Oh ok cool thanks yeah I will look into some of chet baker's stuff. I don't think I'll be able to take it up really seriously, since i already do piano and I don't really have the money to go and buy a really good trumpet or anything. But i dunno, if I started really getting into trumpet I might go serious. Thanks again.

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
tis cool
hey u dont need to go out and buy a good trumpet
ive had my crappy yamaha since i was in primary school and i still play it
and my teacher is beggin me to buy a good trumpet
hm... what should i get
maybe a bach strad 37 ML which everyone has
but i want something different
does anyone play a schilke or a antoine courtoire?

skankit

hey guys, im a trumpeter too! i tried to post a msg on here before but it didnt work coz my computer sucks...

what course do you guys do?

do any of u do extension and have all performance? i wish i had coz i like still havent written my second composition but man i couldnt last through 6! i can only just last through my 4 when im nervous!!!

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
hehe yeh i do ext, bloody 6 pieces, i nearly died in the final piece in trials but i survived. soo skankit the usual, what brand, how long, teacher etc

skankit

um, ive been playing about 5 yrs, i have a jupiter ( i know, crap brand, but my teacher agrees, its totally an exception, its gorgeus, i love it) my teachers tim crow, and i can play up to about an Eb on a good day but generally a C

what pieces are you guys playing? i wonder if any of us are doing the same... prolly not...

im doing one my conductor wrote for my aussie piece, then the first movement of the vivaldi for my ensemble, and portrait of a trumpet by sammy nestico, and intrada by otto ketting

is anyone doing the haydn or the hummel?

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
yeh im doing Haydn 1st and 2nd movements. my NEW teacher is Andrew Evans, soo yeah umm what kinda music do you play jazz, classical

skankit

i play both. i go to an girls school so theres a slight shortage of decent trumpet players, so we got forced into all the bands, not that i cared, i love band... hmmm

but coz of hsc and stuff ive quit all now except the jazz combo, which is the best, but im only doing one jazz piece (on flugel) coz ppl keep telling me examiners hate jazz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)