Trumpeters Unite!! (1 Viewer)

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
Jazz Man Tim said:
lol. well maybe if melb and syd combined we would get some mad bands.. great rhythm and great horns :)
Well wangaratta jazz festival is kinda a meeting place for the two. Check it out man next year...its in the middle of the HSC but it is so worth it!

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
Man, no. I dont care if it is not. It is the most amazing thing i have ever been to. AND DAVE LIEBMANN CAME THIS YEAR! woot!!

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
Jazz at the Domain

who went? what were your thoughts?
I went. got there at 5pm. was quite packed already, it was great tho. lots of really good blues artists, not enough Morrison tho.. still he was very good the few times he did play..
anyone see the whistling? damn that guy was a FREAK lol.

I met Trumpet Geek there, shes very nice. but ujuphleg what happennd!! didn't come online after so we could arrange to meet. *sigh* you suck :p

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
hey hey!! watch it there!!

I do not suck thank you very much. I've been very busy. we spoke on friday morning right? I went straight to the Bacardi Festival after work, then on Saturday I went to work again then straight to Jazz in the Domain.

I'm sorry!!

We'll probably meet sometime this year though. I met chepas at Jazz in the Domain (just randomly he was there and I was like hey!!)

anyways, i should get out of the trumpeters unite thread before I get stoned to death (again)

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
Jazz Man Tim said:
Jazz at the Domain

who went? what were your thoughts?
I went. got there at 5pm. was quite packed already, it was great tho. lots of really good blues artists, not enough Morrison tho.. still he was very good the few times he did play..
anyone see the whistling? damn that guy was a FREAK lol.

I met Trumpet Geek there, shes very nice. but ujuphleg what happennd!! didn't come online after so we could arrange to meet. *sigh* you suck :p
YAY i met JazzManTim at that jazz in the domain thingy!!!

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
anyone going to:

MASTERCLASS
Hector McDonald (Solo French Horn, Vienna Phillharmonic)
Friday 18th February, 2-5pm
Recital Hall West

should be good im going i might bump into someone there..

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
thats not good, you should go to everyone that comes up, ive been to one already last year, they can be really helpful!! :)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I'm a composition student, I don't have to do anything.

Speaking of which, the timetable for this year is now available. I strongly recommend working out your times - visit http://infodesk.conmusic.usyd.edu.au/, click on Timetable, then use the Personal Timetable function. It will display all your lecture times, as well as all possible tutorial times. Note these down, because when you have commencement next tuesday, you will need to sign up for whichever tutorial suits your schedule best.

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
yup timetable was availabe like a week and a bit ago.. well the draft was, is this the final one? and being a comp student you should go to most if not all masterclasses to get ideas and familarise yourself with different intruments and the limitations in composition.. but if you dont have time you dont have time..

brassedoff

HSC
chepas said:
Hakan Hadenberg's version of the Haydn Trumpet concerto I like very much, or was it even Marsarlis who did it? I can't remember, such a looong time ago since I last lsitend to it!

LOL at the how high thing. That's probably what defines trumpet players as the egos of the music world, hehe. All about the nice sound people :D

So, what kind of trumpets do you(se) play? As in brand... admittedly (albeit shamfeully and being a traitor to Trumpetkind!) I know very little about what is good etc, except for the fact that when I meet other people and they play and the sound is just wooooaaah. I'm currently still on my first trumpet from primary school, a King 500 I think... <--- the brand thing also seems to be the big thing to talk about haha.
I have my first Jupiter Beginners Trumpet ($600!) lying under my bed growing mould on the case
My Yamaha Intermediate one which I shoved under the bed a week ago in favour of my
BRAND NEW Bach Stradivarius 37 Gold Brass Bell! Doesn't that sound cool?! I know it's the usual , but I saved up for a year for it :) and still topped Physics, Chemistry and English! :p

(I came last in music though. I think the research assignment I got 4/20 for may have made the difference. I was expecting worse than that, not actually having typed it up or anything, and realising that a 20 page type thing can't be done on the night before. I keep telling myself I WON'T be doing that agian). And hey, the class only has 4 people in it, and I'm a better player than 2 of them :p. One is the music teacher's son, who has infinate access to resources and drives 7 hours each fortnight to have lessons in Sydney. He's also a double bass player, and pretty cool, so I reckon he'll top the class

Last edited:

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
sorry not interested in a Bb but if you have a C Trumpet, Piccolo Trumpet, Rotary Trumpet or Bb Cornet i will buy :D..

i soo desperatly want a C Trumpet and a Cornet right now :(

yay go bach strad!! :) if you have gold PLATED i am jelousy.. i have silver plated! :):):)

Crowie

HSC
N/A
yea i got a bach strad as well bflat and got a besson cornet
n borrowing a d trumpet and soprano eflat cornet atm
i luv the d trumpet at the moment Eb is just to high i was playing it in a bras band n they expect u to b able 2 play so high i had 2 hit a high b which is the equivilant E on the b flat continuously just a bit oif a bitch but d trumpet all the way

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
whos going to the Melbourne International Festival of Brass on 1 - 6th August? i sooo want to and most likely will.. ALLEN VIZZUTI!! masterclass! :D:D tickets 500 bucks for the week or 300 for you school kids.. :p

r u going trumpet geek?

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
Crowie said:
yea i got a bach strad as well bflat and got a besson cornet
n borrowing a d trumpet and soprano eflat cornet atm
i luv the d trumpet at the moment Eb is just to high i was playing it in a bras band n they expect u to b able 2 play so high i had 2 hit a high b which is the equivilant E on the b flat continuously just a bit oif a bitch but d trumpet all the way
dude your da GUN at soprano!!! you nailed all them high notes! YAY go Crowie!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)