Truongs Maths Tutoring, any comments? (1 Viewer)

cooklyfire

HSC
Re: Truong's tutoring, any comments?

I must say Truong is one of the most exceptional tuitions I have ever attended.
Thursday class FTW!
... integration is such a pain :mad: ...

ieatbarbies

HSC

I'd really love to try him out but am intimidated because I'm no where near the top shot students (struggling, even).

However, as I said, I'd really love to try him. I have heard he's not accepting anymore Year 11 students at this stage. Is this true?

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

I'd really love to try him out but am intimidated because I'm no where near the top shot students (struggling, even).

However, as I said, I'd really love to try him. I have heard he's not accepting anymore Year 11 students at this stage. Is this true?
Firstly, you shouldn't be intimidated of sir. He's a very nice person and is usually very soft on you if you're new. Also he still is accepting Year 11s (he's accepting 5 new people next week - from what I've heard), but the waiting list is long.

VuongstER_boi

HSC

And did I mention Truong loves me? He's always patting my back or ruffling my hair... mainly because I am respectful towards him, and I am sorta cheeky when he's in a good mood, and he seems to love it!

Him: You go to another Math tutor don't you?
Me: No, Sir.
Him: I'll follow you after the class to see where you go!
Me: There will be no need for that, Sir. Why would I want another tutor when I have you?

*He bursts into laughter*

So yeah, Sir is no where near that authoritative totalitarian people believe him to be,.
LOL....cute!

ieatbarbies

HSC

Firstly, you shouldn't be intimidated of sir. He's a very nice person and is usually very soft on you if you're new. Also he still is accepting Year 11s (he's accepting 5 new people next week - from what I've heard), but the waiting list is long.
Oh REALLY? Thanks so much. Hmm, I'm really thinking about it now, even with a waiting list. I mean, I do have a chance of getting in by being on the list than not right?

Uhmm could I have his number by any chance?:eek:

Thanks

ieatbarbies

HSC

Ha. Got it, will make 'rents call soon. Can't hurt to try right?

Cee.

HSC

Can anyone pm me this tutoring's address?

mmmx3

HSC

samee, pm please?

mandyxpoo

HSC

I agree completely with this post.
The important thing is whether his students are happy with his services - and the large majority of students would say yes - I know I'm very happy with Truong's teaching. In my opinion - everybody has a different way of learning - some methods may work for you, some might not. Just because a method doesn't work for you - or if you do not agree with a method - doesn't mean it is bad or ineffective.

Also with the comment with iSplicer - most of us know that he's just joking around. Most of his favourite students (in my classes especially) are girls so he's definately not sexist.

so me =]

iloveapple

HSC

I'm a current year eleven student of truong as well. I personally think he's really nice, like, seriously SO nice. he won't ever yell at you for being stupid, but for bad manners, or if you don't listen in class. Like someone mentioned before, he accepts people not purely based on how they go in the test, but also your character and the manners you have. Tip: bow to him when you first see him and when you leave. It also helps if you have friends already in the tuition.

He's a great teacher, explains things really clear and encourages questions. He also has a knack for explaining things in a way that makes sense? He's very funny, and lessons are enjoyable (albeit stressful sometimes, but that's okay).

He's not sexist, but makes sexist jokes. It's all in good fun though, it's not like he means it.

Just as something extra, he has english and science tutoring as well, in case you're interested. I haven't tried science, but english is good too.

Last edited:

iloveapple

HSC
Re: Fairfield Troung's recommendation - English

I went to Ms Diab for english tutoring. I dno, she seems to know her stuff really well and all that but I can't help but feel that it was sort of wasted. Lessons generally involve a lot of talking and you aren't as productive as you could be. For example, when we're supposed to be doing comprehension or whatever we end up talking a whole lot of crap. And she never really marks anything? Like she tells us to hand in some work at the end of the lesson or something but it never comes back to us.
Also homework is never set. Or, when it is, noone does it.

However she is really good at teaching comprehension - ie reading task for paper 1.
completely agree 100%.
takes her a while to get things back to us, and she does often go off on tangents, but she's very busy. She teaches at several places I think, and she's pregnant, so it must be a bit of a strain.
She's an excellent teacher though: very clear, teaches us what we need to know, I've learnt a lot from her.

Last edited by a moderator:

studentcheese

HSC
Re: Fairfield Troung's recommendation - English

Ms. Diab is an exceptional teacher. She is a fair marker, giving appropriate feedback for your work. I like the fact that she goes through the rubric really well and that she addresses the common mistakes students make so they can improve. She gives practice for what is going to be tested in the HSC. e.g. as mentioned before, reading task paper 1 and writing for Area of Study.

Annie N

HSC

Yea true, Sir's student get 90+ for maths
I remember last week I was reading a newspaper. And our teacher Miss Katie Lam (If I remember right), she's 5th in state for Biology. and I was like "WOW" LOL. Each and everyone of The Bigger Sir's teacher are VERY VERY good. They teach you with all their ability. LOL I've been with sir for nearly 3 or 4 years now and I can tell that my maths is flying up... :spzz: I remember when sir still teach us, LOL IT WAS THE BEST TIME. He gave jokes through out the lesson to make us forget about the stress he gives. LOL
Sirs the BEST!!!!

spyborg

HSC
N/A

lol she's my tutor teacher. quite funny and pregnant atm.

Annie N

HSC

lol she's my tutor teacher. quite funny and pregnant atm.

What??? pregnant? really?... I don't think so... i saw her on friday last week..she look normal...

studentcheese

HSC

How much faster is Truong's teaching compared to school? Does he give tests often? I think I might go there but it's just that if he's too slow, then what's the point...

andyMUFFINS

HSC

I'm a current year eleven student of truong as well. I personally think he's really nice, like, seriously SO nice. he won't ever yell at you for being stupid, but for bad manners, or if you don't listen in class. Like someone mentioned before, he accepts people not purely based on how they go in the test, but also your character and the manners you have. Tip: bow to him when you first see him and when you leave. It also helps if you have friends already in the tuition.

He's a great teacher, explains things really clear and encourages questions. He also has a knack for explaining things in a way that makes sense? He's very funny, and lessons are enjoyable (albeit stressful sometimes, but that's okay).

He's not sexist, but makes sexist jokes. It's all in good fun though, it's not like he means it.

Just as something extra, he has english and science tutoring as well, in case you're interested. I haven't tried science, but english is good too.
It's tough i hear O_O but good.
I hear you can't have dyed hair and stuff though? He'll kick you out ?

mandy-lee

HSC

I heard they don't offer 2 unit Maths, just Ext1 and Ext2...is this true?
He does offer 2U Maths, when you get into Year 12 instead of moving on with your class, you go back to the year 11 class because the 2u course is generally covered in year 10 - 11 :)

mandy-lee

HSC

It's tough i hear O_O but good.
I hear you can't have dyed hair and stuff though? He'll kick you out ?
If you have dyed hair and you're MALE or you're male and have a piercing, then he won't accept you.
And if you don't want to risk being kicked out (and you're male), don't dye your hair or get a piercing :)

He's not sexist, they're just his values.

And yes, the classes can be tough but they're also very good :)

mandy-lee

HSC

How much faster is Truong's teaching compared to school? Does he give tests often? I think I might go there but it's just that if he's too slow, then what's the point...
It depends on the order that your school teaches the topics in, but in general tutoring will go faster than school.
(He finishes the course with a few months to spare to revise before the HSC exams)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)