Truongs Maths Tutoring, any comments? (1 Viewer)

jet

Banned
HSC
Re: Truong's tutoring, any comments?

The previous posters in this thread have already said they can't hand it out... sorry guys.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Maybe an address would be good for peopel who want to go there. I don't because its too far however he charges very good rates and his studetns post excellent results (2nd, 3rd for sure in top 10 for 4U and 2nd and 5th for sure in 3U, not sure about what other students are ranked). He's a solid tutor whose students are often in the highest classes (At JR all but 1 kid who go to Troung are in Maths 1/2/3) so he's got a good track record from what I've seen, and his homework is rigorous as fuck. I'd recommend him (again I've enver been to him so I don't know what eh's like as a person, but he seems like a good teacher).

Sj79

Check
HSC
N/A
Ah I see,
but he has clases under yr 11

how are those teachers?

Any comments,?

Any one to dr truong standard ?

Sister wants to join

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Ah I see,
but he has clases under yr 11

how are those teachers?

Any comments,?

Any one to dr truong standard ?

Sister wants to join
All the tutors he hires are pretty good. Despite the fact that he doesn't actually teach these students, he monitors their progress. I have no idea what question 3 means.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Just letting you guys know that the centre is not accepting any students for 5th grade at this current time and obviously no one for yr12 since 4unit classes has already begun.

If you want to enroll, please go to the centre and talk to the Miss/Sir at the reception desk.

Last edited:

Fri3d_ChuckuN-

HSC
Re: Truong's tutoring, any comments?

as if, and from your statement, I'm assuming that you're a hater

Fri3d_ChuckuN-

HSC
lol why does every1 call the tutoring 'truongs' now
I'm pretty sure the tutoring centre would rather be called by the new name 'Ngo & Sons' rather than a doctor's name
btw im in his yr 11 3U class xD

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I also go to Peak for Chem + Physics. Its awesome. Theres a new english class taught by Miss Diab for year 11s on Saturday.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
lol why does every1 call the tutoring 'truongs' now
I'm pretty sure the tutoring centre would rather be called by the new name 'Ngo & Sons' rather than a doctor's name
btw im in his yr 11 3U class xD
Yeah its called Ngo and Sons, walk in the Peak Science building and you see a frame listing the institution's name. Fact :)

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL, I never go to doctors that is not concentrating on doctoring. I also ask around if the doctor kills his/her pet fish. If they do, I don't trust them knowing how to treat humans.

Truong is a successful business man. I have all due respect for him in that. But I would not trust him as a medical doctor.
fuck you

DucKy::

XDXDXD
HSC
Oasfree , do you have somehting against Dr Truong. No one respects him for the way he runs the business. He helps alot of students out for free and he really cares about his students to the extent that we can all see that he stresses about all of us. After the HSC , all his students come and visit him . All the teachers work for him because they view him as an older brother and that we all owe him so much. We all respect him for what he represents and students get very insulted when you go on and try to degrade what he is attempting to do.
Also in regards to him being a doctor, he actually teaches a lot of medical students and his knowledge is extremely in depth. I know because I am a medical student . Making a comment like not trusting him as a doctor because his fish died is very immature of you. He makes an effort and lets med students sit in with him at his practice so that they can learn from him. His brother who is a surgeon also helps teach med students anatomy at syd uni.
In regards to the teachers at Sir's, they are very dedicated, esp his two head teachers Mr David and Ms Anh. They are awesome teachers. Has anyone been taught by them?

Last edited:

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
All the tutors he hires are pretty good. Despite the fact that he doesn't actually teach these students, he monitors their progress. I have no idea what question 3 means.
You would know, Aerath. :p

oasfree

HSC
N/A
Oasfree , do you have somehting against Dr Truong. No one respects him for the way he runs the business. He helps alot of students out for free and he really cares about his students to the extent that we can all see that he stresses about all of us. After the HSC , all his students come and visit him . All the teachers work for him because they view him as an older brother and that we all owe him so much. We all respect him for what he represents and students get very insulted when you go on and try to degrade what he is attempting to do.
Also in regards to him being a doctor, he actually teaches a lot of medical students and his knowledge is extremely in depth. I know because I am a medical student . Making a comment like not trusting him as a doctor because his fish died is very immature of you. He makes an effort and lets med students sit in with him at his practice so that they can learn from him. His brother who is a surgeon also helps teach med students anatomy at syd uni.
In regards to the teachers at Sir's, they are very dedicated, esp his two head teachers Mr David and Ms Anh. They are awesome teachers. Has anyone been taught by them?
Nice. I suppose I only know people who quit rather than those who stay. I also know people who don't need coaching colleges at all. If he really helps needy students who look up to him then that's nice.

You are obviously not too good at comprehension. I never said that he killed his fish. I only said that I would check on doctors to see if they killed their fish. I would never trust doctors who don't dedicate themselves to medicine alone.

Next time, you would probably suggest that tehy close down Sydney Uni and send all med students to Truong to learn how to do doctoring!

DucKy::

XDXDXD
HSC
Nice. I suppose I only know people who quit rather than those who stay. I also know people who don't need coaching colleges at all. If he really helps needy students who look up to him then that's nice.

You are obviously not too good at comprehension. I never said that he killed his fish. I only said that I would check on doctors to see if they killed their fish. I would never trust doctors who don't dedicate themselves to medicine alone.

Next time, you would probably suggest that tehy close down Sydney Uni and send all med students to Truong to learn how to do doctoring!
Yes, he is very nice. And you are obviously not too good at judging people. For that, I will disregard your petty assault.

And my next suggestion is actually a very strong piece of advice for you to make sure next time, you're properly informed about the topic before deciding to attack it. For your edification, medical schools DO send their students and graduates to study under other doctors for clinical experience (for which Sir is also an excellent provider given the circumstances).

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
^ I couldn't agree more

life_of_mine15

HSC
Re: Fairfield Troung's recommendation - English

Was wondering if anyone has gone to 'Fairfield Troung's recommendation' for English. Heard the teacher there from sefton is really good but the waiting list is extremely long and the classes were too big. Was wondering if that was true. Anyone have any idea?
I have her for English at Truong- at canley heights though. The waiting list isn't long, there's no list actually. The class is quite big also, around 25-30 or more. I got lucky coz she just added me into one of her really early classes.
Diab is awesome, it's impossible to NOT learn anything.

oasfree

HSC
N/A
^ I couldn't agree more
Are you working for him? A kid I know has just got a job with him because the kid got over 99 in ATAR. He is very smart using smart kids to train kids. He is a smart business man. Good pocket money for Uni students, easy money for him, cash only, ... From what I have heard, average kids going to his tutoring come out as average kids until they left and get one on one. If it is not because of this mad thing about Asian parents trying to make their kids (dumb, average and smart) all becoming "smart", coaching colleges would just go bankrupt tomorrow.

Do you know what it means by "jack of all trades". My advice, stick to one and be an expert.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
I'm currently working at the centre as one of the teachers.

First of all, please don't rip on anyone at the centre because no one in the forum, aside from students and teachers/markers really knows how the centre operates. Plus it's just rude to comment on something you have not experienced for yourself.

Second of all, I didn't recieve a "over 99" in ATAR. Sir doesn't employ people based on their intelligence. Yes, a lot of the teachers are the centre are intelligent but that's not why sir has hired them.

Thirdly, yes the majority of parent's pay in cash but if you're trying to insinuate that sir or any of the teachers are not paying their taxes/running a legitimate business, you're wrong. How dare you even try to make an assumption like that?

I can't comment for other teachers, or even for sir himself but I know I try my hardest to work with these kids. I take time out of my day to provide extra make up classes, free of cost for these kids. It's not about the money, everyone knows it's not, but the fact that you want these kids do well. You want them to break through the financial restrictions and limitations their parents have had to suffer. Maybe in terms of intelligence, my kids will always be "average" but as a person, they are winners. They are respectable, they understand responsibility and how they should treat others. That's the most important thing.

I don't care what you say or what you think, I just find it very rude that you make assumptions and spread negative comments about the tutoring centre and about a man you've never met.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)