Try These Multiple Choice Questions :) (1 Viewer)

savio23q

Band
HSC
I was just flicking through my business studies trials this afternoon and decided to redo the multiple choice as I didn't do as well as I would've like. I made a few silly errors here and there and as most of you know, it all adds up in the end. However, looking at some of the multiple choice answers...they don't seem right to me. A couple seem so ridiculous...
Here's an example. Try these for yourselves and tell me what your answers would be. I'll provide the answers down the bottom, try and do them before looking at the answer and please explain why you put that answer. Thanks in advance :)

9. Steep Time is a business that requires timber and other raw materials from the primary sector. They add value to it with machinery, technology and labour to produce output.
'Steep Time' is which type of market?

A. Resource market
B. Industrial market
C. Consumer market
D. Intermediate market

11. High employment patterns are a reflections of which key influence?

A. Social
B. Economic
C. Organisational
D. Legal

9. D (wtf, I though the intermediate market was like retailers and wholesalers?)
11.B (economic? what? Isn't a social influence have to do with "changing work patterns" and "population shifts"...)

Last edited:

dtmur

HSC
eh.

i thought industrial market for #9.
though i got economic for #11 although debated social can see
where your coming form though with both

Did your school write that exam ?
or was it NEAP or something?

michael1990

HSC
savio23q said:
I was just flicking through my business studies trials this afternoon and decided to redo the multiple choice as I didn't do as well as I would've like. I made a few silly errors here and there and as most of you know, it all adds up in the end. However, looking at some of the multiple choice answers...they don't seem right to me. A couple seem so ridiculous...
Here's an example. Try these for yourselves and tell me what your answers would be. I'll provide the answers down the bottom, try and do them before looking at the answer and please explain why you put that answer. Thanks in advance :)

9. Steep Time is a business that requires timber and other raw materials from the primary sector. They add value to it with machinery, technology and labour to produce output.
'Steep Time' is which type of market?

A. Resource market
B. Industrial market
C. Consumer market
D. Intermediate market

11. High employment patterns are a reflections of which key influence?

A. Social
B. Economic
C. Organisational
D. Legal

9. D (wtf, I though the resource market was like retailers and wholesalers?)
11.B (economic? what? Isn't a social influence have to do with "changing work patterns" and "population shifts"...)
The questions seem in order to me.
I mean if you think about it, number 9 states in the question that Sleep time requires raw materials. Intermediate is correct.
EDIT From re reading it, i am not sure its correct.

And with 11 i would of thought Economic from the upswing, and downswing, but thats because i do economics. Economic would be the most prominent and then it would be social, legal and organisation.

Last edited:

savio23q

Band
HSC
dtmur said:
eh.

i thought industrial market for #9.
though i got economic for #11 although debated social can see
where your coming form though with both

Did your school write that exam ?
or was it NEAP or something?
Im pretty sure they bought them. I thought industrial too for #9. Industrial is when a company buys materials that assist in producing another product. Is that not right? In this case 'Steep Time' requires "timber" and "raw materials" to "add value to it"...
I always thought intermediate was retailers and wholesalers - companies who buy in bulk in order to resell with a mark-up, for a profit.
Correct me if im wrong :)

Last edited:

savio23q

Band
HSC
michael1990 said:
I mean if you think about it, number 9 states in the question that Sleep time requires raw materials. Intermediate is correct.

And with 11 i would of thought Economic from the upswing, and downswing, but thats because i do economics. Economic would be the most prominent and then it would be social, legal and organisation.
Yeah I can see why it can be economic, as a period of an upswing would increase business confidence and profits and hence prompt business to overcome skill deficits by hiring/training etc. But social also seems right.

However, I think that #9 is more dodgy than #11. At least #11 is understanable =\

S.T.P

HSC
INdustrial market: Includes industries and business organisations that purchase products to use in the production of other projects or in their daily operations. Example Tip Top Bakeries buys flour to make bread. The market includes buyers of machinery, tools and raw materials.

Intermediate Market: An intermediate market consists of wholesalers and retailers who purchase finished products and sell them again to make a profit. This is the case for many consumer goods. Example: wholesale office supplier.

id probably still swing towards industrial

uebel

HSC
michael1990 said:

yeah, and also there are often multiple choice questions that ask how the patterns of employment change as the economic cyle does. therefore it must be economic.

2inspr

HSC
11 is right

but nine is just wrong
its an industrial process

Just put it down as a mistake by the creators :)

stormz89

HSC
number 9 depends on how you look at it.

If it means what market they are selling to, its intermediate

although if they are asking what market THEY are apart of, its industrial because they are the industry.

I guess the question is worded wrong.

stormz89

HSC
I remember the yearly for the SC at my school also had like 1000 mistakes in it.

For example one multiple choice question said something like what country were we at war with in the 1960s or something and it said the answer was korea.... Independent exams suck. They ended up just remarking the exams.

mcs-one

Grease Bucket
HSC
9. D (wtf, I though the intermediate market was like retailers and wholesalers?)

9. D wtf. intermediate market is when a wholesaler buys an already finished good and then sells it on to make a profit.
11. B yer, todo with economic activity. increased economic activity/growth leads to increase employment

HSC
i think my school used the same trial.
i did the same thing i got both wrong for the same reson. i asked my teacher and he said that trials can be really dodgy sometimes. the answers are not necessarilly wrong their just bad questions that wouldn't be asked in the HSC..hopefully

Cool-dude

HSC
N/A
#11.
The answer is economic. (B)
In economic sense, high employment reflects on businesses performance, calculated through GDP. The growth of the business, means profit and selling more goods and services which increases Gross domestic product (GDP) and improve in the movement of the economy. Therefore, when businesses grow they can employ more people because they have more money. They tend to expand the business or reinvest into the business. Also, this is also evident in the economic cycle, if the economic is in a boom, this means increase in the economy's GDP. Also inflation, which reflects on consumers spending. this influence on businesses performance.

P.S Social influence does not show the employment pattern. E.g high and low employment of the population and the question is based upon that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)