• No

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by InfiniteQ

Aren't they school teachers though?
well my tutor isnt exactly a tutor. he writes the hsc paper questions and he marks them as well. but yeah - i dont think all the hsc markers are neccessarily maths skool teachers.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
a couple of guys from my school pay $75 per hour for maths??!?!?!?!

WTF!
woah man thats crazy! they must be dux! LOL $75 for an hour? geez man and i thought $35 for 2 hours was alot!

to be honest, $75 is not worth an hour.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by ToOhEyZ

to be honest, $75 is not worth an hour.
Definately not... I mean I don't understand what extra magic they do to these kids for $75.

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by InfiniteQ

Definately not... I mean I don't understand what extra magic they do to these kids for $75.
yeh i totally agree.....but the truth of the matter is that those guys have improved their ranks in the last few weeks/months.

that raises the question, wat is the price of say a few more marks??

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC

yeh i totally agree.....but the truth of the matter is that those guys have improved their ranks in the last few weeks/months.

that raises the question, wat is the price of say a few more marks??
I disagree with you there. Based on the assumption that you have a good tutor (ie someone who explains things well, understands how you can improve etc), it's my belief that whether you pay $25 for this or $75, the tutor is not going to do wonders if you don't put the work into it.
Last year half yearlies, I was ranked 8th at the time... I am now 1st and I pay my tutor $35. My friend pays $50 an hour and she is failing 3u.
So basically it's not a question of what the price of a few more marks is, it is a question of whether or not it is WORTH paying $75 when you can do it for cheaper because it depends on YOU, not the tutor.

Rahul

Dead Member
i am not saying that u dont have to work hard urself or that the more u pay for the tutor the better marks u will get. wat i am saying is that if u get a tutor, in my belief, u will go better than wat u would if u didnt have one. so then how much would pay to increase ur marks, that is wat i am saying.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
i am not saying that u dont have to work hard urself or that the more u pay for the tutor the better marks u will get. wat i am saying is that if u get a tutor, in my belief, u will go better than wat u would if u didnt have one. so then how much would pay to increase ur marks, that is wat i am saying.
And I gave you an example of my mate who pays 50 an hour and is not improving at all. Therefore getting a tutor doesn't always mean that you're improving your marks.

Mill

HSC
PRIOR is expensive at something like $4000 a year per course but it's also good. The new system is a bit shitty which came in last year. I was there in 2001/2002 - 2001 being before the new system. Ah those were the days. The owner wouldn't take me as a tutor because I didn't work hard enough in Year 12 for his liking :) So I went into private tutoring. Pays better too :) If you can afford it, PRIOR is good. It's just School all over again. Helpful for me since I never paid attention at school / did the homework in Maths. So basically PRIOR was my school for maths kind of thing.

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Originally posted by Mill
PRIOR is expensive at something like $4000 a year per course but it's also good. The new system is a bit shitty which came in last year. I was there in 2001/2002 - 2001 being before the new system. Ah those were the days. The owner wouldn't take me as a tutor because I didn't work hard enough in Year 12 for his liking :) So I went into private tutoring. Pays better too :) If you can afford it, PRIOR is good. It's just School all over again. Helpful for me since I never paid attention at school / did the homework in Maths. So basically PRIOR was my school for maths kind of thing.
I agree with that wholeheartedly... But the thing is if you work it out, Prior actually only costs $19 an hour for the whole year. On top of that, they give you free HSC and other school papers. Their new resource center is also good. But the owner is one of the biggest assholes i know. :mad:

yeahyeahyeahs

lol i go to Prior and sooooo many ppl hate the owner! I don't have anything against him though i just go there to learn 3unit maths...I aim for no social interaction at all! xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)