Tutoring little siblings (1 Viewer)

ashllis91

Banned
HSC
Hey my sister has asked me to tutor her for the HSC (in two years) but i was actually going to start tutoring to help me raise money for uni... should i help her free or get her to pay like half price???

bored.of.u

HSC
tutor a group n tutor her for free...dont be slack and charge her, but the charge the other guys =D

peter22

Banned
HSC
lol hahahahaha stupidest thing i have ever heard lol

*Baby-K*

HSC
How would you feel if she started charging you for everything she does for you?
You don't charge family anything.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Yea tutor her for free, it won't kill you but she's doing her HSC and so probably doesn't have much $. So just be nice. Get your money by tutoring someone else as well. It won't take that long and it will bond you and keep u connected. Sorry to sound like Oprah but if you get along well, tutoring your sister can be fun - it was fun for me and I learnt some stuff too that I never understood before or forgot. We laughed a lot because of my unorthodox methods.

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
don't tutor siblings unless you're very close

Knuckles26

HSC
Just get your parents to pay, therefore everyone wins. You get to go out and your sister gets tutored.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I don't tutor my sister because she doesn't take it seriously and sometimes we end up talking about other stuff since she's getting "free" tutor lol. Usually if there's money or older people involved it would definitely make her take it more seriously lol...

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Don't charge her at all if you tutor her.

But only tutor her if it won't strain her relationship... i've known of a few siblings who have gotten into massive fights over tutoring =="

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
You're an idiot if you charge your sis.
Qft.

And why was this shit thread even made? Isn't it common sense not to charge? Once I'm done with my HSC, I plan to accelerate my sister so she can top all of her subjects.

oasfree

HSC
N/A
Hey my sister has asked me to tutor her for the HSC (in two years) but i was actually going to start tutoring to help me raise money for uni... should i help her free or get her to pay like half price???
You must be joking? Where is your responsibility toward members of your own family? The most you could ask is that your sister introduces a girl friend. I suppose you would rather tutor a girlfriend than your own sister.

oasfree

HSC
N/A
Qft.

Once I'm done with my HSC, I plan to accelerate my sister so she can top all of her subjects.
Good sense! But don't expect that is going to happen. You will be swamped with Uni work. You won't even have time to do your chores that your mum would expect you to. Your sister might not fit your learning style ... It's easier said than done.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
You must be joking? Where is your responsibility toward members of your own family? The most you could ask is that your sister introduces a girl friend. I suppose you would rather tutor a girlfriend than your own sister.
You could do that :p

But in all seriousness, you shouldn't do something for your family and expect something in return. After I finish my HSC, I'll gladly tutor my sister and any member of my family for free.

ieatbarbies

HSC
When people start charging their family for favours, you know selflessness is coming to be non existent.

Seriously, dude. Your sister? She's family. Maybe your mum should turn around and ask you for all the money you've costed her your whole life until this point. This includes all the babysitting hours at standard rate? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)