UAC Offers 2011 - Downloadable [now with the Early February Round!] (1 Viewer)

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: UAC Offers 2011 - Downloadable

wtf 68 for comp sci/software engineering/computer engineering/bioinfomatics engineering expected a lot more.
I'm doing science/computer science so I'm under 425014;B Eng/B Arts or B Science 91.15 (V) (UNSW)

Maybe a lot more people combining this year?

CypressSky

HSC

Oh my gosh, thank you! I've already accepted an offer from UQ and forgot about UAC until just now, so I didn't manage to check on all my friends and whatnot :D Thanks again!

msh

HSC

Who has the final say in how many students they are accepting into a course?

I found something quite devious and sneaky that some university courses strategise to inflate their cut-offs.

I recently read an article on SMH that many students often choose a degree based on the perceived prestige of the course (ie: the cutoffs) and I suppose universities are responding to this.

Griffith University 283420 Biomolecular Sc (Adv) 99.45 - 1 student
Griffith University 283422 B Env Design (Arch Studies) 96.60 - 2 students
Griffith University 283301 B Health Science 98.25 2 students
Most of the high 90s Griffith Universities only accepted less than 3 students.

Sydney University 511744 B Eng (Civil) (Geotechnical) 99.15 4 students
Sydney University 511765 B Inf Tech/B Arts 98.20 2 students
La Trobe University 193045;B Health Sc/M Physio Prct 99.95 (La Trobe Mildura) 1 student

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

wtf 68 for comp sci/software engineering/computer engineering/bioinfomatics engineering expected a lot more.
Like 4 degrees as well. If evenly split, that means we make up more than 10% of the enrolment.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC

Who has the final say in how many students they are accepting into a course?
It's the university, with the constraint that DEEWR will only fund a certain number of CSPs.

I found something quite devious and sneaky that some university courses strategise to inflate their cut-offs.

I recently read an article on SMH that many students often choose a degree based on the perceived prestige of the course (ie: the cutoffs) and I suppose universities are responding to this.

Griffith University 283420 Biomolecular Sc (Adv) 99.45 - 1 student
Griffith University 283422 B Env Design (Arch Studies) 96.60 - 2 students
Griffith University 283301 B Health Science 98.25 2 students
Most of the high 90s Griffith Universities only accepted less than 3 students.
Could be deliberate, could be low demand, or could be a funding constraint. Who knows?

walk-the-line

HSC

Thanks for posting the offers online, so much easier to search for numbers in courses, certain people etc on excel rather than newspaper. :)

uac.aplcnt

HSC

About the Griffith inflating thing..UAI's may have been HIGHER not only because of the new offers but ALSO I (I THINK) that former university students transfer into those courses and hence if you only base it on new offers that where offered this year then it doesn't take what I just said into its factor..Also, It really depends on there supply and demand..I was thinking because of the flooding recently they lost all their books/notes inside the university and then try to detract/deter student rather then to attract them? lol

there should be other reasons to why its high too..maybe too much dumb people there? OR the history of griffiths cut offs fluctuates after certain number of years high and low and maybe 2011 is there high times?

Kaatie

HSC

hey guys im on a mac and cant figure out how to find how many of each there are. doing a find search only finds one at a time. can someone search for B Medicine-Joint Medical Prog N/A (Newcastle) ?

and then another search for B Medicine-Joint Medical Prog (interested in both newy and armidale)

thanks guys, would be very appreciated :)

Kaatie

HSC

i hear they overestimate up to 5% because they expect some to turn it down, thats why im asking even though theres no V - not trying to see if theres spots left

Arceupins

Banned
HSC

hey guys im on a mac and cant figure out how to find how many of each there are. doing a find search only finds one at a time. can someone search for B Medicine-Joint Medical Prog N/A (Newcastle) ?
I don't think a total comes up for anyone. It might if you exported it to a PDF file and then searched again.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC

and then another search for B Medicine-Joint Medical Prog (interested in both newy and armidale)

thanks guys, would be very appreciated :)
According to http://douglasheriot.com/hosting/uac/CoursesRank.csv it's 225.

Kaatie

HSC

wow thats a huge overestimate for 170 places.

NewiJapper

HSC

Is this like the "See who is in your course", or is Rafy organising that still?

conch575

HSC

Thanks for this, so much easier searching through here than looking through the news paper!! I was so worried about getting into my course, looks like the cut off went down, so I got 6 points above what I needed!

uac.aplcnt

HSC

So many people applied for B science at UoNewc..whoa..480770..can someone not accept that offer so I can get in? I SOO want to recieve this offer - IDK if I did or not lol..checking later..but please haha..

TRY AND GET INTO another coursee - or apply for a better course..or accept your EFR offer and DECLINE the B Science at newcastle for me..LOL

paul5666

HSC

Is there a searchable list for early feb round offers?

diligent

HSC
N/A

Love you work ajdlinux!!!

I'd also be really interested in seeing a list of the Early Feb round offers if it's available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)