UAC preference system question (1 Viewer)

luxslash89

HSC
hey guys, i was jus wondering how the UAC preference system works, cus i still dont get it (maybe cus ima stupid mo'focker :spzz:). the thing is, will unis that ive put down as my lower preferences consider me LESS + more LATE than ppl who put down their uni as a higher preference than me?). doesnt that mean uve got like nil chances of getting in courses that uve put down in ur lower pref. and certainly ur last pref.? and does individidual unis know exactly where in the pref. rank uve put them? if they do, doesnt this backup my assumption then?

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
read the handbook faq

u finish HSC 2 years ago and u cant even comprehend a simple concept.

Last edited:

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
they know where you put them and what you put above or below them

layzeehbum

HSC
hey guys, i was jus wondering how the UAC preference system works, cus i still dont get it (maybe cus ima stupid mo'focker :spzz:). the thing is, will unis that ive put down as my lower preferences consider me LESS + more LATE than ppl who put down their uni as a higher preference than me?). doesnt that mean uve got like nil chances of getting in courses that uve put down in ur lower pref. and certainly ur last pref.? and does individidual unis know exactly where in the pref. rank uve put them? if they do, doesnt this backup my assumption then?
Here, i copied and pasted the thing from the uac website:

Are all preferences given equal consideration?

Yes. The selection process is based on the system that if you are not selected for your first preference, you will be considered equally with all other eligible applicants for your second preference and so on.
Your chance of being selected for a particular course is not reduced because you placed a course as a lower order preference. You will not be selected for a course simply because you entered that course as a higher order preference.
For example:
Applicant A does not qualify for an offer to courses listed as preferences 1, 2 or 3, and has course 116677 as preference 4. If applicant A is eligible and is more competitive than applicants B and C who have listed course 116677 as their first preference, then applicant A will receive an offer before applicants B and C.

luxslash89

HSC
read the handbook faq

u finish HSC 2 years ago and u cant even comprehend a simple concept.
number one, i didnt do HSC here in AUS, and second, i finished yr 13 (in NZ, where they dont use online admission centres and such), then finished a diploma at UTS Insearch, which means it's been my first time using UAC, which means i dont have to be called a doofus even if i dont fully understand it. And stop replying my thread with one sentence replys the minute i post it up if ur not gonna put an effort into answering my question.

Last edited:

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
number one, i didnt do HSC here in AUS, and second, i finished yr 13 (in NZ, where they dont use online admission centres and such), then finished a diploma at UTS Insearch, which means it's been my first time using UAC, which means i dont have to be called a doofus even if i dont fully understand it. And stop replying my thread with one sentence replys the minute i post it up if ur not gonna put an effort into answering my question.

but u can read plain english cant you? sheeesh some people:shoot:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)