• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UAi estimate :) (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
shaon0 said:
my UAI estimate?
I already said earlier I thought. I guess it would be in the 80-90 UAI range at this stage. However, you will see tremendous changes in your marks and ranks once you get into the HSC year. (or during your Preliminary year).

Good luck.

shaon0

HSC
lyounamu said:
I already said earlier I thought. I guess it would be in the 80-90 UAI range at this stage. However, you will see tremendous changes in your marks and ranks once you get into the HSC year. (or during your Preliminary year).

Good luck.
Alrite Thanks.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
Rhanoct said:
ps: you should try xfer to a t100 school if you can
Is transfering in year 11/12 recommended? I always thought it was a good idea to stay fairly stable during these final 2 years.

btw i think you'll get in the mid 80's - might even break the 90 mark.

shaon0

HSC
Rageeb said:
Is transfering in year 11/12 recommended? I always thought it was a good idea to stay fairly stable during these final 2 years.

btw i think you'll get in the mid 80's - might even break the 90 mark.
Thing is i haven't studied all year....i have an Advanced English speech first day back and i'm still procrastinating.

tza

HSC
is it true that you have to be topping all your subjects to get over 99.5 what if your school does generally quite well?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
tza said:
is it true that you have to be topping all your subjects to get over 99.5 what if your school does generally quite well?
Not necessarily. In James Ruse, you just need to be top 30% to get 99.5 UAI. On the other hand, you need to be the Dux in one school to get 99.5 UAI. It really depends on school.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
shaon0, with enough effort, I'm sure you can get 98+. What uni are you trying to get into, with Eng/Law?
The additional effort should improve your English and your MX1 ranks.

shaon0

HSC
Aerath said:
shaon0, with enough effort, I'm sure you can get 98+. What uni are you trying to get into, with Eng/Law?
The additional effort should improve your English and your MX1 ranks.
I am looking to get into Usyd but i probably won't get 99.55 or 98.8.
For english i was coming 4/66 in the grade, then i stuffed up one essay where i came in the bottom 25% in the grade which stuffed up my rank.
And for MX1 i really did bad in my first test of the year where i came last 35% but i ended up doing a little better (7/28) in the next test due to a fluke where i didn't even study.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Ah. Just make sure you don't do that next year, and you're pretty much set for high 98 to mid 99.

shaon0

HSC
Aerath said:
Ah. Just make sure you don't do that next year, and you're pretty much set for high 98 to mid 99.
Yea won't make that mistake again.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Agree with everything Aerath mentioned. Doing maths everyday is also a good idea too (especially when you start studying because it triggers your brain).

Constantly keep your notes up to date and read them everyday. Give yourself about 10-20 minutes a day. Then you come to exam period, it will be so much easier to remember!!! Oh, don't forget: do every past paper you can get your hands on. (or practice questions)

The reason I bought many textbooks is partially for that - to do many practice questions.

For English, read, read and read!!! Memorise techniques and broaden you vocabulary. For example, I learnt words such "dimunitive" (meaning small) and "abase" (meaning humiliate) just from reading SMH.

shaon0

HSC
lyounamu said:
Agree with everything Aerath mentioned. Doing maths everyday is also a good idea too (especially when you start studying because it triggers your brain).

Constantly keep your notes up to date and read them everyday. Give yourself about 10-20 minutes a day. Then you come to exam period, it will be so much easier to remember!!! Oh, don't forget: do every past paper you can get your hands on. (or practice questions)

The reason I bought many textbooks is partially for that - to do many practice questions.

For English, read, read and read!!! Memorise techniques and broaden you vocabulary. For example, I learnt words such "dimunitive" (meaning small) and "abase" (meaning humiliate) just from reading SMH.
Alrite Thanks. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)