UAI without tutors? (1 Viewer)

Iceman145

Unimelb
HSC
No tutoring at all... it's kinda difficult to get tutoring considering i live in singapore, where local people have no idea what the hsc is.

And i got a 99.85

gosh

i am an asian and i have never had a tutor before and am quite happy with my results. for people like us it really comes down to independence, perseverance and self determination.

Last edited by a moderator:

supergirl

HSC
never had a tutor in my life.
slacked off all year.
should have gotten higher, but didn't.
oh well: 97.85

sarahn

HSC
i got 99.75

no tutoring....there ARENT any tutors where i come from (the riverina region in southern NSW)

it is ENTIRELY possible to get 99 without tutors...its called hard work along with natural ability :rolleyes:

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I've never had a tutor, I crammed my way through the HSC, doing minimal work and I got 99.05, shoulda, coulda, woulda done better but oh well.

I think people who go crap would prefer to hear that I did nothing but study and had 17 tutors, to make them feel better about their UAIs...haha.

elisabeth

HSC
I never paid anyone for outside tuition, but you can bet your arse that I made the most of my teachers' expertise. When I had questions, I asked. I was going to get a tutor for biology because I wanted to study a different option (genetics) to my class (communication) but my teacher and the student teacher doing her prac at my school gave me one-on-one help for a part of each lesson.

So I dunno whether that counts or not, but it helped - 15th in state for bio and 99.65 :D

hunny bunny

thats not a real reflection of their abilities if they get a tutor-

ppl in my school who got above 99% didnt have tutors- in fact i bumped into some of them at the nightclubs during stuvac

year 12 is sooo overrated

niteshade1312

HSC
ive never been tutored at all, mostly because I already go to a private school, but also because I wanted to test myself and do the HSC with what I can do, not my tutor.. I achieved what I need

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
tutor? private school? what the fuck are they?? man we kids from the sticks up the coast (yes, we do have electricity and running water too!) are left to fend for ourselves. and im damn proud to say that my state tutor-less public education got me 96.7... tutor shmutor.

debaser

HSC
99.55 without the scum of the earth's assistance... oh i mean tutors

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Had a tutor in term 4, Year 11, then dropped after a week, UAI in sig.

L

LaraB

hYperTrOphY said:
Don't most people not have a tutor?

I got 98.8 without a tutor.
have you never met anyone from a selective school? lol :p...

majority of my school is/was tutored... funny thing is - i got high 90's without a tutor... others who should've done just as well spent thousands on tutroing and ended up with high 80's n low 90's..

tutoring isn't all its cracked up to be unless you're not doing well to start with - a lot went backwards after getting tutored... exceptio i guess is stuff like ext2 maths coz that stuff is real hard especially if you have a shit teacher

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
99.9, no tutoring.

Really great teachers though, especially in english (14th) and legal studies (6th). Private school, scholarship student :)

kezza-

HSC
Lol, tutor? Never had one in my life. And got 97.5.

All of my friends and I just pushed each other n helped each other so our results would kick ass. We all got over 97.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)