UMAT 2015 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
You know how there's that <20%tile retard tier when you get your result? That's me. Really. That's me. And I don't even care anymore.

Nothing quite beats the UMAT at ANZ Stadium - it's a helicopter parents/stress head convention. The amount of nervous energy in the room is ridiculous (one year, there was this girl next to me chewing her hair like full on). Then there are the parents drilling their kids on exam strategy and the kids look like their only interest in medicine is saving the family from shame. Of course, there is my personal favourite when parents film their kids going in.

Yes judgemental, but it has to be said.
Pretty sure that happened today at Olympic Park.

Last edited:

iMMORTAL153

HSC
Uni Grad
You know how there's that <20%tile retard tier when you get your result? That's me. Really. That's me. And I don't even care anymore.

Pretty sure that happened today at Olympic Park.
Definitely happened, saw a few cameras today. Also you never know how you truly went until results come out, I know a few people who thought they had bombed last year but actually did decently well.

dj040897

HSC
Like a few s3 questions were questions which use the concept of the middle shape becomes the outer shape and so on, maybe 3-4 questions after mapping just came out, about 5 were ones where one shape changes into another and then stays the same throughout, from what I can remember there were a couple that were simple matrix questions, ie black + black = wite, white+ balck = white etc but there were about 10-15 which i swear were impossible to do in the time given

iStudent

HSC
Like a few s3 questions were questions which use the concept of the middle shape becomes the outer shape and so on, maybe 3-4 questions after mapping just came out, about 5 were ones where one shape changes into another and then stays the same throughout, from what I can remember there were a couple that were simple matrix questions, ie black + black = wite, white+ balck = white etc but there were about 10-15 which i swear were impossible to do in the time given
Pretty normal. I guessed around that many S3 questions (had no clue, lol) but I still ended up with like 97 or 98th percentile for that section. (these are the questions that you need to skip straight away so you can focus on the easier, free marks q's)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Nothing quite beats the UMAT at ANZ Stadium - it's a helicopter parents/stress head convention. The amount of nervous energy in the room is ridiculous (one year, there was this girl next to me chewing her hair like full on). Then there are the parents drilling their kids on exam strategy and the kids look like their only interest in medicine is saving the family from shame. Of course, there is my personal favourite when parents film their kids going in.

Yes judgemental, but it has to be said.
I swear there were more parents than students

BadBoo

HSC
S1 was the same ol' in general
S2 seemed a lot easier
and holy shit S3 was a lot lot harder than last year, the questions were doable but there was noway near enough time to get through em

did anyone have that S1 question about arrows going in a certain direction and the horizontal lines within the arrows being the number of places to move? I think that was an experimental question

Dennis1348

HSC
N/A
Did anyone get the question where the married couple recently divorced went for a cup coffee lol?

Dennis1348

HSC
N/A
S2 seemed a lot easier
and holy shit S3 was a lot lot harder than last year, the questions were doable but there was noway near enough time to get through em

did anyone have that S1 question about arrows going in a certain direction and the horizontal lines within the arrows being the number of places to move? I think that was an experimental question
S3, did you find the pick the middle one easy though?

iMMORTAL153

HSC
Uni Grad
S2 seemed a lot easier

I got that question, but why do you think it's an experimental one? How many of those do they usually put?

Did anyone get the question where the married couple recently divorced went for a cup coffee lol?
Recently divorced? Oops, I misread the passage, I thought they were long time divorced/split.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
the one which asked if they regret the divorce,

or miss eachother or somethng.
I think i wrote it was insignifanct for both of them lol. I was tossing up between two for that one so yeah :/ I don't think they missed each other like there was nothing to suggest that

Dennis1348

HSC
N/A
Acer sort of made this Umat better in a sense though, people couldn't really prepare for this examination

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)