UMAT anyone? (no prep courses) (1 Viewer)

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Dw, u'll get them. Im at work atm. I gotta find it on my hdd when I get home
U need to chill put bby

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Just curious, if someone got an atar of 99.00, what percentile would they need to get in UMAT to be offered an interview? Like in UNSW or USyd?
There's a table on the unsw site. But iirc u need like high 80 with 99atar. Usyd will give u an interview if u get 99.95atar only. They don't consider umat.

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
There's a table on the unsw site. But iirc u need like high 80 with 99atar. Usyd will give u an interview if u get 99.95atar only. They don't consider umat.
Ah, ok, thanks then :) I was just reading, it says you need a score of 59 if you get a 99.00 ATAR for UNSW. Do you know roughly what that percentile is?
What? 99.95 to get in USyd? Damn. Is UWS a good place for med?

And lol, you just needed 95 ATAR if you wanted to get in to UNSW. Good work

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Ah, ok, thanks then :) I was just reading, it says you need a score of 59 if you get a 99.00 ATAR for UNSW. Do you know roughly what that percentile is?
What? 99.95 to get in USyd? Damn. Is UWS a good place for med?

And lol, you just needed 95 ATAR if you wanted to get in to UNSW. Good work
59 would be a score of 177 overall. Usually about 88 percentile (but varies from year to year)

Anywhere u can get into med is a good place m8. All medical schools are on similar level in terms of standards.

Yeah, I got offered for Unsw but I'm from melb so decided to stay here :)

nazfiz

HSC
And lol, you just needed 95 ATAR if you wanted to get in to UNSW. Good work[/QUOTE]

but then you will need a GODLY Umat.

Alkanes

HSC
The minimum is actually 96. But then your umat need to be godly 100% percentile or else you'll have no chance for an interview.

HSC
N/A
lol interviews

that sounds fun

Would it be a bad idea to be eccentric and bubbly? Or should you just act super calm and collected?

Alkanes

HSC
It looks like you're doing it for the lols so i think you don't needa worry lol.

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
but then you will need a GODLY Umat
Yeah, and Dr. Fresh was in the 100th percentile (assuming the marks weren't edited)

59 would be a score of 177 overall. Usually about 88 percentile (but varies from year to year)

Anywhere u can get into med is a good place m8. All medical schools are on similar level in terms of standards.

Yeah, I got offered for Unsw but I'm from melb so decided to stay here :)
Thanks for the info. I can manage 99 ATAR but high 80's percentile :( Daaaamn, can't assure that.
I heard for section 1 that it's just best to go as quickly as possible. As in, if you think you'll spend a few minutes on the question, then skip it. Is section 1 THAT hard?

HSC
N/A
It looks like you're doing it for the lols so i think you don't needa worry lol.
I am doing it for the lols (psychology and/or auditing sounds more intredesting to me)

but i'm curious

All the people that got into med that I know of are super calm and collected

I don't know any eccentric/crazy/bubbly doctors/med students

Alkanes

HSC
Yeah, and Dr. Fresh was in the 100th percentile (assuming the marks weren't edited)

Thanks for the info. I can manage 99 ATAR but high 80's percentile :( Daaaamn, can't assure that.
I heard for section 1 that it's just best to go as quickly as possible. As in, if you think you'll spend a few minutes on the question, then skip it. Is section 1 THAT hard?
Lol bro every section you need to do as quickly as possible. The UMAT is designed so you cannot finish easily.

HSC
N/A
Haha, act as calm as possible, so I can beat you :D Makes 1 less person out of the thousands I would need to beat to get a high percentile :)
Has anyone actually sat the umat for the lolz, got a high percentile, and then trolled interviews and got in med?

That'd be pretty funny

By nature, i'm very eccentric, random and bubbly.
So on the 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance I actually do get a high percentile, my personality would guarantee I wouldn't get in even if I wanted to :haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)