UMAT anyone? (no prep courses) (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
ME too pleasee :)

can i have anybodies notes and/or any websites that provide free questions on the UMAT?

thank you
yus

can someone post them

I am intredested

I just spoke to my mum about my uni preferences next year. She doesn't think i'll get into med even if I really wanted to, but is still willing to pay for UMAT for the lols.
I feel kinda disheartened knowing she doesn't believe in me :haha:
I WILL PROVE. HER. WRONG.

I have this thing where if someone tells me I can't do something, i'll try to do it, and if they say I can/should do something, I absolutely wont do it. I think it's called stubbornness :p

Zeroes

HSC
Stubbornness + proving someone wrong = excellent motivation
Works so well for me

SurferDud50

HSC
Did UMAT this year, got 80th percentile with no paid course prep etc, still pretty crap imo. I just did the two papers from acer. Wish I had of seen a thread like this earlier, just reading it I would've had so much more to prepare with than I did have.

HSC
N/A
Did UMAT this year, got 80th percentile with no paid course prep etc, still pretty crap imo. I just did the two papers from acer. Wish I had of seen a thread like this earlier, just reading it I would've had so much more to prepare with than I did have.
how so?

JAult

HSC
Please try this (no calculator allowed):
When the price of gold went up, a jeweller raised the prices on certain rings by 60%. On one ring, however, the price was accidently reduced by 60%. By what percent must the incorrect price be increased to reflect the proper new price?
a) 60%
b) 120%
c) 300%
d) 400%

it is D
any one with general maths could figure that out
it is excactly as nike7 said after the decrease in the price for a $100 dollar asumption you would have $40 right. this $40 is now 100% of the price. therefore to get it to 160 you would have to times it by 4 therefore 400%

Bobbo1

HSC
Hey, guys if anyone is interested in purchasing UMAT resources please PM me and I can send you a sample. You can save yourself a few hundred dollars!! :)

MUSE13

HSC
Uni Grad
lol medstart. i like how someone who got into JCU is talking about how good their umat prep was when he probably didnt do well in it and thats why hes going to JCU. looks dodgy. go medentry if anything.
loool yea i noticed that as well i cracked up lool it completely turned me of their program

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Please try this (no calculator allowed):
When the price of gold went up, a jeweller raised the prices on certain rings by 60%. On one ring, however, the price was accidently reduced by 60%. By what percent must the incorrect price be increased to reflect the proper new price?
a) 60%
b) 120%
c) 300%
d) 400%

it is D
any one with general maths could figure that out
it is excactly as nike7 said after the decrease in the price for a $100 dollar asumption you would have $40 right. this $40 is now 100% of the price. therefore to get it to 160 you would have to times it by 4 therefore 400%
minus the initial 100% of the $40 making it 300% because it is the increase, not the total.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)