UMAT : Nervous? Excited? Tensed? Suicidal? (1 Viewer)

doopsta786

HSC
not that nervous will be extmly on the day though always happens will be doing prep this w/e havent looked t it all holidays been studying for trials:bomb: ekkkkk

Kaatie

HSC
Very nervous has been a toss up between studying umat or trials or the five assignments I have due first week back :(

colorization

HSC
Just a few questions...

What sort of wristwatch are we allowed to take in? I have to bring a digital one as my entire strategy relies on it... Its not chunky or anything, and doesnt have anything like a calculator... Theres just a count down lap thing I HAVE to have...

I heard some people had to take theirs off last year!?

Also... is there a break between each section.. Or just boom 123.

Other than that i'm now quite enthusiastic... With adderall I finish each section with time to spare :headbang:

dolbinau

HSC
Hmm...I haven't even bothered to check my email for UMAT details, let alone feel stressed about it.

However, I snuck a peek just then from hax'd MedEntry material - the questions don't seem too hard, [expect for maybe those "What comes next (random array of lame symbols)?" ones], and from my friends who have done (and passed) the UMAT, its more of a personality test (whether you're emotionally retarded, ie section 2 was it?, whether you possess inductive qualities, etc.) lol. Hence, 11pm the night before prep will do for me. :read:
I strongly would suggest you don't underestimate the exam, and if you are able to prepare start now.

Those " (random array of lame symbols)?" ones]" are probably the easiest of Section 3, and are IMO quite a bit easier than a lot of the logical problems you may have to face in section 1 :p.

jackiesaurus

HSC
tensed.. not suicidal. HAHA.. maybe almost, for the hsc but not umat. I have had no umat coaching while this other girl i know had training and everything. OMG what the hell.. I failed the first section of the umat practice booklet, and took twice the amt of time given for it :L HAHA has this happened to anyone at all doing umat so farr? Gonna freakin waste $100 HHAHA. Life is so great!! My friend took the STAT test but failed by 2 points.

colorization

HSC
tensed.. not suicidal. HAHA.. maybe almost, for the hsc but not umat. I have had no umat coaching while this other girl i know had training and everything. OMG what the hell.. I failed the first section of the umat practice booklet, and took twice the amt of time given for it :L HAHA has this happened to anyone at all doing umat so farr? Gonna freakin waste $100 HHAHA. Life is so great!! My friend took the STAT test but failed by 2 points.
Preparation courses mean nothing... It has been proven time and time again that its a waste of money.

When you do the past papers you are really only learning the format of the exam, and with section 3, the types of patterns that may arise... Also in section one, you learn the sort of questions they ask to distinguish between causation/correlation. You only need to do the three ACER booklets, and then understand where you went wrong. Perhaps look up a few words and thats it.

Of course the first time you do the exam you will get things wrong. Its only natural. ACER tests are different to anything you have done before. Learn the format, and your ready for any thing they may ask you.

I lol at idiots who pay some indians to try and teach them pure and simple logic...

ps. lol and in regards to STAT, my sister took the exam twice (as its run twice a year). Neither time did she have any preparation (besides the 2 booklets you buy)... The first time, she did it with a good nights sleep, food in her stomach etc.. and went well, but nothing special.

The second time she did it after a late night out, was hung over... she got the 3rd highest mark overall, and was pretty much accepted to usyd vet purely on that mark.

Think that speaks for itself.

Last edited:

colorization

HSC
If that's the case why ask me for copies of materials?
The courses are useless, yet the papers serve their purpose.

I asked around, spent 5 mins writing a sob story and got essentially every paper written by those scammer sites. You caught me out, but others got sucked right in.

Although I can also point out their faults... I saw a few taken directly from the BMAT official preparation booklet... which I am preparing for alongside UMAT. So, so much harder.

Regardless, im happy knowing that the only thing I paid for is my UMAT ticket.

ps. Preparing for UMAT since 2007, and your not sure about doing medicine... lol, don't know what to say about that. Although im more than willing to compare scores when were through. You should blow it away...

bradpitt

HSC
The courses are useless, yet the papers serve their purpose.

I asked around, spent 5 mins writing a sob story and got essentially every paper written by those scammer sites. You caught me out, but others got sucked right in.

Although I can also point out their faults... I saw a few taken directly from the BMAT official preparation booklet... which I am preparing for alongside UMAT. So, so much harder.

Regardless, im happy knowing that the only thing I paid for is my UMAT ticket.

ps. Preparing for UMAT since 2007, and your not sure about doing medicine... lol, don't know what to say about that. Although im more than willing to compare scores when were through. You should blow it away...
Hey tru7h you are a man for owning up the truth. Good on ya mate. Why don't you try to be a sales guru you will do bloody well.

q3thefish

HSC
I'm aiming for pharm atm. I feel so inferior here o_o

Meh. Got what I needed for STAT bwahahah.

jules.09

HSC

Haha I got the required STAT too, but jeeze I reaaally don't want to do pharm *sighs*.

q3thefish

HSC
Haha I got the required STAT too, but jeeze I reaaally don't want to do pharm *sighs*.
Psh. Do pharm... I dare you.

Like srsly, you get to sell not only prescription drugs but candy as well. CANDY. and er other useless products. :]

jules.09

HSC
Psh. Do pharm... I dare you.

Like srsly, you get to sell not only prescription drugs but candy as well. CANDY. and er other useless products. :]
Ahahahhahaha................

........ No. :p

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
i hate being forced to read the terrible literature in section 2.

i hope the person that writes them isn't a published author...

hollaholla

HSC
The extra coaching and all.....that just puts more pressure on you seriously. (having paid all that money for the crap...expectations rise....confidence-not always).

mesbaz

HSC
N/A
can someone please tell me what a decent mark is in the medentry papers ?
like for each section.

would just like to add
3 of my friends spent 700 doing the UMAT prep course last year
uai's respectively 96, 97, 99
not a single one got an interview.
my other friend just did the test because everyone else was doing it. Had no prep, had not even seen the type of questions till the exam. Aced the exam, got offered an interview & rejected because he wanted to do law LOL. Just a small sample which shows prep courses dont have anything to do with it :)

Last edited:

mesbaz

HSC
N/A

I'm not sure about this, so don't freak out ( esp if you have your own research) but my mum was telling me that theres not many jobs available for pharmacists now days because so many people are getting in to the course and theres pharmacists everywhere.

Just thought id throw it out there :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)