UMAT Results (1 Viewer)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
clockwise said:
Dude thats 220 PERCENTILE for Monash so youd totally get an interview for monash
240 min percentiles at monash.

187+ raw for UNCLE
185+ raw for UWS

Last edited:

FromDeeEast

HSC
cant remember what i got exactly, but i got 190ish (raw) all up, given i didnt do any prep courses and went through the booklet the night before i thought it wasnt too bad

kloudsurfer

HSC
Autumn_Rain said:
A lot of people from my school (which is in Newcastle) got 170s =/
Yeah ive heard its in the 170s too...

Anyway, my scores:

S1: 60 (87%)
S2 63 (96%)
S3 58 (82%)

Overall 60 (92%)

Total 181 (265%)

Did medentry (though didnt spend much time on it!), got a UNSW interview (rural). Got a predicted UAI of 99.

Last edited:

iniv

HSC
Predicted UAI:99
Umat score raw: 166..... :( :( :( should have gone for a prep course and done some past papers...

suprisingly did well in section 3 (or just lucky?), and I'm apparently a lot less empathetic than I thought I was..heh

Umat percentile: 224

obviously no unsw first round offer

but with possibility that my uai *could* be somewhere closer to around 99.7-any chance at all of a second round interview?

also should i bother applying for uws/other unis? does anyone know if I would have any chance at all of getting an interview there?

one last q- at unsw for second round offers, are these generally all people who got predicted a lower uai than expected, or would people who were close to getting the cut off for both umat and uai also be getting interview offers?

Autumn_Rain

HSC
I'm not sure if it is or not, just if it is 187 as Wooz suggests, there's going to be a lot of local kids /just/ miss out. So, I hope for their sake it isn't.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Autumn_Rain said:
I'm not sure if it is or not, just if it is 187 as Wooz suggests, there's going to be a lot of local kids /just/ miss out. So, I hope for their sake it isn't.
Apparently it was 187 for standard applicants but 163 for rural or regional newcaslters...

And according to MSO and a students at UWS, the UWS cutoff was about 180. Perhaps lower for GWS applicants?

jemba

HSC
hey i didnt get an interview

but my umat was
S1 87 S2 74 S3 88

87percentile
overall score - 58

does anyone know what sort of uai i would need for unsw or uws for med?...gah i have hope seems like i didnt screw it up too badly

billy_slater

HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Apparently it was 187 for standard applicants but 163 for rural or regional newcaslters...

And according to MSO and a students at UWS, the UWS cutoff was about 180. Perhaps lower for GWS applicants?

yeah its much lower for gws'ers.. i know a few people who got in last year with mid 160 raw marks.

i'm wondering if anyone knows last years umat cutoff for griffith dentistry? or the griffith med science/med program.

Tom333

HSC
Just wondering if anyone knows the ballpark percentile score for a place in Pharmacy, Monash?

xeia

HSC
At my school someone got 173 raw and didn't get in, while another got 176 and did get in, so UNSW cut off is probably 175.

Are you sure about 185+ for UWS? Sounds very high. Is that weighted UMAT?

My sister's opinions on the UMAT (As a 2nd year UNSW med student):

>170= Good
>180= Very Good
>190= !!!

Her friend got 165 raw and still got in through second round, so you never know.

1) 66 (95%)
2) 60 (92%)
3) 58 (82%)
--> Raw: 184, Percentile: 269 (Mark 61, 94%)

Heighest at my school (so far) is 202. Both people who got it did MedEntry; other high scores used Face-to-face.

Autumn_Rain

HSC
I was shocked at the percentiles for Newcastle and UWS as well, but I guess it might because they don't put as much emphasis on the UAI as other uni's. My understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong) is that, at Newcastle, once you get above 93.8 they don't care what your UAI is. So they need to make the UMAT a higher 'flat rate' to take into account that they are letting in kids with UAIs as low as 94.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Autumn_Rain said:
Whoops forgot to mention it was alot lower at 163 for rural and regional applicants as i was replying specifically to someones question.

squance

I like cheese!!!
HSC
I was on the 25th percentile for Logical Reasoning.....:eek: :eek: :eek:

I am soooo dumb....

I guess no bachelor of pharmacy for me....

bmn

HSC
S1: 40
S2: 30
S3: 50
TOTAL: 120
PERCENTILE: 0-20%
dumber than over 80% people... the shame.
Are all my dreams lost now?
Dentistry is gone, not to mention bio med too. My mid year A is all worth nothing now. Dreams have flown out of my grasp now. Noo!
Is there a way around this?
:bomb:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
xeia said:
At my school someone got 173 raw and didn't get in, while another got 176 and did get in, so UNSW cut off is probably 175.

Are you sure about 185+ for UWS? Sounds very high. Is that weighted UMAT?

My sister's opinions on the UMAT (As a 2nd year UNSW med student):

>170= Good
>180= Very Good
>190= !!!

Her friend got 165 raw and still got in through second round, so you never know.

1) 66 (95%)
2) 60 (92%)
3) 58 (82%)

Heighest at my school (so far) is 202. Both people who got it did MedEntry; other high scores used Face-to-face.
Yeah it's that high (185+ prob 187 this year raw) since 95 is a threshold and 93 is the threshold for Greater Western Sydney students once you pass that you look at your umat results to determine if you get an interview offer or not.

However i spoke to my careers advisor who was an interviewer for UWS last year and that they will consider people just below the threshold if they have very high uai's.

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
bmn said:
S1: 40
S2: 30
S3: 50
TOTAL: 120
PERCENTILE: 0-20%
dumber than over 80% people... the shame.
Are all my dreams lost now?
Dentistry is gone, not to mention bio med too. My mid year A is all worth nothing now. Dreams have flown out of my grasp now. Noo!
Is there a way around this?
:bomb:
Post-grad med/dent, also try doing umat again next year.

xeia said:

1) 66 (95%)
2) 60 (92%)
3) 58 (82%)

What UAI did she achieve i guess high 98-99's?

iniv said:
Predicted UAI:99
Umat score raw: 166..... :( :( :( should have gone for a prep course and done some past papers...

suprisingly did well in section 3 (or just lucky?), and I'm apparently a lot less empathetic than I thought I was..heh

Umat percentile: 224

obviously no unsw first round offer

but with possibility that my uai *could* be somewhere closer to around 99.7-any chance at all of a second round interview?

also should i bother applying for uws/other unis? does anyone know if I would have any chance at all of getting an interview there?

one last q- at unsw for second round offers, are these generally all people who got predicted a lower uai than expected, or would people who were close to getting the cut off for both umat and uai also be getting interview offers?
Yeah alot of 2nd round offer people are people with under-estimated uai's or did alot better in the hsc and subseqnetly boosted their uai, normally people in this round are 98-99+ people. Interstaters are in this round and also EAS/ACCESS people who have gained bonus points/special consideration for illness/disadvantages greater than 6 months. About 100 invitations are given for late round interviews. Not sure about people just below the cut-off's, but it's quite obvious if any places were left, they would be given an interview offer but there would probably be only a handful of places.

Last edited:

Autumn_Rain

HSC
Wooz said:
Whoops forgot to mention it was alot lower at 163 for rural and regional applicants as i was replying specifically to someones question.
Unfortunately, Newcastle counts as neither rural nor regional and I don't think we get any special consideration for being locals.

ALKHHKLA

HSC
S1 68 (96)
S2 50 (59)
S3 60 (88)
Total 178 (243)
Overall 59 Percentile 90

Must of just scraped an interview, must have been the 99 prediction, too bad it is unlikely i will get that high.

Any chances i will get an interview anywhere else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)