UMAT Results (1 Viewer)

Makematics

HSC
Guys if you didnt do as well as youd hoped for, just keep your heads up and remember that it isn't the end of the world. there are still alternative pathways into med or whatever course you want to get into, as well as plenty of other courses to choose from :)

Aysce

HSC
How did you do?
88th percentile.

Not the best but I have improved which I consider a victory, especially when I got VERY low last year (like 30th percentile iirc).

Hope that's some inspiration to disheartened students. I probably only have a shot at UWS and even then it's not looking good, but again I am very pleased.

Yeah I know, and there's nothing wrong with aiming high, but all im saying is you have to embrace defeat when it comes.
This.

When I got my results last year, I was really upset (Carrotsticks can actually vouch for this) and felt like I couldn't stand a chance. But when I talked to a few people, they told me what I'm about to tell disheartened med-hopefuls: "Never let an arbitrary test refrain you from pursuing medicine. It by no means indicates your capacity to become a doctor. Never let yourself believe that you can't do it, because at the very moment you doubt yourself, you've already lost the game". Sure, I may have got lucky this year and I didn't get as much practice as I wanted to but my main point is to use these 'bumps' as motivation and to see it in a more positive light.

Web Addict

HSC
88th percentile.

Not the best but I have improved which I consider a victory, especially when I got VERY low last year (like 30th percentile iirc).

Hope that's some inspiration to disheartened students. I probably only have a shot at UWS and even then it's not looking good, but again I am very pleased.

This.

When I got my results last year, I was really upset (Carrotsticks can actually vouch for this) and felt like I couldn't stand a chance. But when I talked to a few people, they told me what I'm about to tell disheartened med-hopefuls: "Never let an arbitrary test refrain you from pursuing medicine. It by no means indicates your capacity to become a doctor. Never let yourself believe that you can't do it, because at the very moment you doubt yourself, you've already lost the game". Sure, I may have got lucky this year and I didn't get as much practice as I wanted to but my main point is to use these 'bumps' as motivation and to see it in a more positive light.
Congradulations. That was a great improvement. By the way, are you allowed to do the UMAT twice? I thought that it was only for Year 12 students.

Aysce

HSC
Congradulations. That was a great improvement. By the way, are you allowed to do the UMAT twice? I thought that it was only for Year 12 students.
Yeah you can :)

You can do it in 2nd year too I think.

But by then (assuming 2nd year is your 2nd last year of your degree) you might as well tackle GAMSAT which is much easier to practice for. By no means is it easier though.

winter16

HSC
What do you think I'd need a UMAT percentile of to get into optometry?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I dont understand how the results work :S
post your marks and we'll let you know

do you need to do the umat for Med Science or for postgraduate Medicine?
undergrad medicine

I got 182 which is 91 percentile.
Holy crap I was expecting to get 40% but I guess i got lucky
182 is 91st?

I got 180 and it was only 86th

88th percentile.

aysce
Inbox me on fb
And I'll let you know about UWS entry stuff if you need anything. :p

(Also, I know people at UNSW with less)

Also, congrats!!!

Is there an equivalent to a mystery mark in umat?
If so I think we know what he got :L
0-20
So yes

mar101

HSC
really badly- got overall score of 147 and percentile rank of 44

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
It's okay to be disheartened. There's nothing appealing about a 40th percentile mark, and therefore it's only natural to be upset. I will say this, if you're going to let an arbitrary test you're undertaking at 17, 18 or 19 years old to decide your lifelong career, reassess why you're doing medicine in the first place. If you let this one test, that most of you had during your HSC year (which is another story in itself) completely deplete your motivation and divert you onto something else, you weren't passionate for medicine. Nothing good in life sprouts spontaneously. You can always re-sit it next year. I know this has been repeated too many times, so much that it has probably lost it's meaning, but everything happens for a reason.

superSAIyan2

HSC
got 200 - 98% which was way higher than expected. But i only got 58 for section 2 which is approx 45 percentile - does anyone know if certain unis look into S2 marks more so than the others, e.g. how uws has that 2:2:1 ratio?

Web Addict

HSC
got 200 - 98% which was way higher than expected. But i only got 58 for section 2 which is approx 45 percentile - does anyone know if certain unis look into S2 marks more so than the others, e.g. how uws has that 2:2:1 ratio?
WOW! Holy shit! Congradulations!

Examine

same
HSC
88th percentile.

This.

Well deserved man

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)