Unable to change WEP settings? (1 Viewer)

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Heya guys,

I should probably be posting this in another thread, but am running short on time, and honestly cbb looking for it.

I believe that someone is on my wireless network that shouldn't be. My McAfee shows me anyone on my network, and atm there is my PC, my PC in the lounge, my laptop and my brothers laptop. They should all be there. There is also another user, known only as 192.168.0.103.

I've tried getting into my router's settings in order to change the WEP key, but when I type my IP address into the bar, the result I get is

Busy.

Any suggestions?

Cheers in advance.

HSC
Are you sure your router isn't using multiple addresses (perhaps for a diagnostic check or such)? Try resetting the router if you haven't already.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
SiZmOs said:
Heya guys,

I should probably be posting this in another thread, but am running short on time, and honestly cbb looking for it.

I believe that someone is on my wireless network that shouldn't be. My McAfee shows me anyone on my network, and atm there is my PC, my PC in the lounge, my laptop and my brothers laptop. They should all be there. There is also another user, known only as 192.168.0.103.

I've tried getting into my router's settings in order to change the WEP key, but when I type my IP address into the bar, the result I get is

Busy.

Any suggestions?

Cheers in advance.
call the cops!

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Thanks for the hot tip, politik.

I've tried resetting it, and when it reloads itself, I still can't get in. I think it's just defective. May just see if I can pick up a new one. Can't be bothered tinkering with it while someone is eating away at my downloads.

Cheers for the advice though, veloc1ty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)