Uni, 4hrs straight of lessons too much? (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'm going to be doing an 11hour day with a one hour break in the middle this semester. It's doable but I just know i'm going to be exhausted by the time I get home.
My advise, keep yourself busy. Bring some food with you, and make sure you get a bit of time to stretch. I've done the 11 hours day before (although I didn't have a break at all), and by the end of it, it's fairly tiring. The more friends to keep you company in those classes, the better. Avoid being a loner on these long days.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Don't use a laptop ot it'll be 3 hours and 1 hour of facebook.

funnytomato

HSC
anyone know if there is a break or something during science lab session? cos it's like 3hrs each

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
anyone know if there is a break or something during science lab session? cos it's like 3hrs each
I've had 4 hour chem labs with no breaks.

I've also had 5 hour molecular bio labs where they were supposed to give us breaks, but kept forgetting.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
When a lab is scheduled for 3 hours (or more), it won't be necessarily that long. You can leave a lab whenever you want after you get your name marked off (if you want to be recorded for attendance). You may find that labs never actually run for the entire scheduled time, with the extra time arranged for students to discuss any issues with the lab instructors. Regardless though, if you want a short break, you won't be stopped from leaving the lab for a drink or some food. Just as long as you don't bring it into the lab. They don't care when you leave so have a break at your own discretion. Make sure you tell your lab partner though so they know where you have gone.

I Study Hard

HSC
My advise, keep yourself busy. Bring some food with you, and make sure you get a bit of time to stretch. I've done the 11 hours day before (although I didn't have a break at all), and by the end of it, it's fairly tiring. The more friends to keep you company in those classes, the better. Avoid being a loner on these long days.
Thanks for the advice, I'll try to do that =) Bringing food is a good idea, I always forget though.

I Study Hard

HSC
Are you kidding? That's hard core. I'm surprised they offer night classes. Are you also working part time?
I am working part time, but the reason for having a day like that is the timetabling for my classes was really bad this semester. In order to be able to go to all my lectures and tutorials I had to re-enrol in one of my accounting classes as a night student. So I have the pleasure of being at uni until 9pm, oh joy =P Like I said, it's doable, just tiring. Atleast I only live 15minutes from campus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)