• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

uni degree and wats ur reason? (1 Viewer)

llamasohee

HSC
What course do you want to do at uni and what's the pros and cons of that course?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
natstar said:
Marketing

pros- interesting, good prospects, lots of different directions- advertising, different marketing careers, PR etc

Cons- None i cant think of. Its great

here ill help u

con- every1 will soon have a business degree making them as useless as toilet paper. jk

but competitive nonetheless

for me...

science- im gonna kill u all on a mass scale :)

con- insurance costs, ill be alone, the smell of dead ppl

um yeah ill continue the story of bilbo baggins latter

K

katie_tully

journalism or agri science/business

journo pros: not alot
journal cons: many

agri science/business pros: lot of work available in the country, helps country, etc, etc.
agri science/business cons: have to stay in the country, etc etc.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
psychology

pros : girl to guys ratio 5:1 ... u get to know what's really in ur brain n stuff.. i assume.. and girls.. --:"

cons : u might go crazy ? XD

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Nanotechnology + Mathematics

Pros: Great job prospects, great pay, plenty of room for inventing something, undiluted job market, will help the environment and people, the units I'll end up doing (a lot of chem, bio) have lots of girls. Heh heh.
Cons: The true power of this technology may not be experienced for a few years, yet - by the end of my degree it should just be starting to take off like a rocket. I can't really study psychology aswell, which is a bummer (can't fit the units in). Other than that, I'm pretty happy with it.

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
renewable energy engineering

pros...i will never ever be without a job, especially in 20 years when the oil runs out....yup...no cons for me

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
for me...

science- im gonna kill u all on a mass scale :)

con- insurance costs, ill be alone, the smell of dead ppl

um yeah ill continue the story of bilbo baggins latter
if you can somehow work one of the novelty sized microwaves at uts into this plan, i will let you impregnate me :)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
Purp|e said:
if you can somehow work one of the novelty sized microwaves at uts into this plan, i will let you impregnate me :)

you know ud think ti would be easy to find an industrial novelty size microwave to get the god project off the ground- but its hard :(

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Marketing is boring. It's the same shit over and over again and it's almost all common sense.

I would like to do something that isn't to do with business or economics or computers, like history or something, but the first year subjects at UOW and limited and mostly shit so I am stuck doing economics, marketing, business, etc.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Law

Pro: i can scream OBJECTION!!! and be paid for it.

Con: i'll be the butt of thousands of lawyer jokes :(

llamasohee

HSC
spell check said:
we don't have objections in Australia
lol. being a judge is pretty cool, ppl calling you 'ur honour' like everyday.

but i want to do combined aerospace eng/psychology thats wat i want to do but i dont know if the combination is possible. help?

rumour

HSC
boasboy said:
psychology

pros : girl to guys ratio 5:1
That really isn't true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psych
Pros: Fun lab experiments, you get to be test subjects in interesting experiments.
Cons: Boring lectures, damn lab reports:mad:!!!!!

stamos

sellout
HSC
law/stats

pros: i am a crusader for justice/maths
cons: doing stuff

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
B Music (Composition) @ The Sydney Con

Pros: I've wanted to do this for years. I love composing and there is an incredibly thrill to hear your music being played back by musicians. Was mostly interested in the composer-performer workshop, and patching up on piano. There is a great atmosphere, and to have people around you as musical as you are or more is an incredible feeling. Mingling with hopeful people that you might one day work with, a close knit family, is also a great factor.

Cons: Couldn't patch up on piano directly, but it's forcing me to face my weaknesses head on, like sight singing, aural perception, stuff like that. It's really tiring when you have to face your weaknesses everyday. I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end though.

Wednesday's are a bitch because I have uni 9-5, non stop with no breaks. Plus side to that is that I get two days off, so I can work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)