uni enrolment and subject selections (1 Viewer)

danal353

HSC
I'm still going to be overseas on the day I'm supposed to enrol for my course, so I have to enrol through a proxy. I was wondering if we have to make subject selections when we enrol for Sydney uni, and if we also have to chose times for lectures and stuff on the same day, because I'm concerned about my dad's decision making skills.

Also, if certain subjects and times are chosen, can they be changed later on?

thanks.

dafs2

HSC
Yes, on enrolment day you do have to pick subjects for semester 1 & 2.. however they can be easily changed online later. After you receive and activate your MyUni details you can go online and use ' Enrolment Variations' (not open around Feb 16 according to uni emails) to change things. And you don't pick lecture or tutorial times; at usyd they give it to you automatically about a week before uni starts. You can also change your lec/tute times with the Timetable system online during that time too.

rx34

HSC
Good luck hun! I'm getting my sister to help me enrol via proxy. It's so confusing as I am transferring and unsure of which subjects to pick

danal353

HSC
thanks! though it's lucky that you have a sister who actually knows what she's doing

roookie

HSC
Yes, on enrolment day you do have to pick subjects for semester 1 & 2.. however they can be easily changed online later. After you receive and activate your MyUni details you can go online and use ' Enrolment Variations' (not open around Feb 16 according to uni emails) to change things. And you don't pick lecture or tutorial times; at usyd they give it to you automatically about a week before uni starts. You can also change your lec/tute times with the Timetable system online during that time too.
Are you serious we have to pick subjects for semester 1 & 2 on enrollment day? WHAT. How do you know what subjects you can pick? :\
I don't understand the whole credit points thing. Help?

danal353

HSC
Are you serious we have to pick subjects for semester 1 & 2 on enrollment day? WHAT. How do you know what subjects you can pick? :\
I don't understand the whole credit points thing. Help?
i would also like to know the answer to this question.

dafs2

HSC
i would also like to know the answer to this question.
Haha relax guys... i was very worried too.. not only did i have to enrol for myself but i enrolled as a proxy for my friend who was overseas.

To complete a degree, you need __ credit points right.. at USYD, it's about 144 for one degree (3 years) but more if you are doing a double degree.
Every semester you do 4 subjects which usually equal 6 points each =
- 4subjects(6 points each) = 24 per semester --> 48 per year
- 48 per year x 3 years = 144 = DEGREE COMPLETE!

Don't worry, on the day of enrolment, they give you a massive handbook
with all the subjects on it. You have to fill in a form with 8 boxes for 8 units (unit :aka subject) , just copy down the [Subject title/subject code/semester ] for every unit you want to do.

For those who want to figure out what subjects they want to do earlier (a good idea, because being stuck in the enrolment room really sucks) , use this :

Handbooks Online - Faculty handbooks - The University of Sydney -- > THIS IS AN ONLINE COPY OF THE HANDBOOK THEY'LL GIVE YOU ON THE DAY. Make sure you check all the prohibitions and prerequisites!

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Haha relax guys... i was very worried too.. not only did i have to enrol for myself but i enrolled as a proxy for my friend who was overseas.

To complete a degree, you need __ credit points right.. at USYD, it's about 144 for one degree (3 years) but more if you are doing a double degree.

with all the subjects on it. You have to fill in a form with 8 boxes for 8 units (unit :aka subject) , just copy down the [Subject title/subject code/semester ] for every unit you want to do.

For those who want to figure out what subjects they want to do earlier (a good idea, because being stuck in the enrolment room really sucks) , use this :

Handbooks Online - Faculty handbooks - The University of Sydney -- > THIS IS AN ONLINE COPY OF THE HANDBOOK THEY'LL GIVE YOU ON THE DAY. Make sure you check all the prohibitions and prerequisites!
this is good advice. i'll add that for most first years, you'll need to do only 'junior' courses, which at usyd and most other unis are the ones which have a 1 at the start of their numeric code. so ANHS1600 is a junior unit because of the '1', while ANHS2614 or ANHS3609 are upper-level units because of the '2' or '3'. you generally won't start doing upper-level units until second year.

roookie

HSC

this is good advice. i'll add that for most first years, you'll need to do only 'junior' courses, which at usyd and most other unis are the ones which have a 1 at the start of their numeric code. so ANHS1600 is a junior unit because of the '1', while ANHS2614 or ANHS3609 are upper-level units because of the '2' or '3'. you generally won't start doing upper-level units until second year.
cheers for that! ahh but im so confused :(

i miss year 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)