Uni students pay dearly for cutbacks (1 Viewer)

adamj

Originally posted by Newbie
the libs have always wanted a two tiered system
i have no complaints i guess
i just hope i will be in a position so that i can afford fee paying for my kids :D
It's called User-pay. This policy refers to lowering burdens of the community as a whole when not all members use its services. It is said that about only 30% of students will go to unniversity, why should the other 70% pay for the 30%? It is a reasonable argument. And as stated before, more private unis and encouragement and further development at Colleges and TAFEs would also see an improvement.

adamj

Originally posted by Newbie
tertiary education isnt accessible by all

only those who are willing and can afford to pay for it will go on and take a degree

:)
There needs to be improvements to the system, but why should a majority pay for a minority, sure we need to support people, but you don't do it when those with Uni degrees to a professional career who are to make million's, will have been assisted to that position by those who payed for them, who make less.

adamj

Originally posted by cambi
fuck the government. they want a more educated workforce and yet they still make unis cut back even more places!!! grrr
An educated workforce, by means of unis. A uni degree does not entitle one to success. In fact many of those who have their claim to fame with their uni studies are heavily criticised, usually with the term "textbook warriors" - mainly becuase they only study and don't do.

Dingo

Banned
if i miss out on my course this year because the cut off has sky rocketed way above my uai, i will commit suicide.

peace^^

adamj

As te good old saying goes, There is more than way to skin the cat. No ones career ends at the end of a HSC, it only begins. I want to do Law, I didn't get the 99+ I would need, but I am still going to do law another way. What many students whom think they cannot continue their career need to do, is look at what postgraduate studies can offer.

Dingo

Banned
all i can say is, i love UWS, they give an opportunity for the fallen.

Peace^^

adamj

They certainly have, still I find it strange that their UAI for early childhood teaching is at around 79, when Macquarie, which is renouned as the best Early Childhood Uni has it at around 77. But anyway law, sciences, economics and even engineering are low.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)