Units 2010 (1 Viewer)

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
ahh i see ur doing comp115 now. just wondering what elective did you do 2nd year 1st sem, was it isys?
I didn't do one then. LOL I'm making up for it now :) ISYS/COMP are interchangeable for the Actuarial/Applied Finance degree, so you only need to do one.

dolbinau

HSC
All the compulsory Psych units but also PSY250 - Music, mind and message. I'm pretty enthusiastic/keen about it.

xsavagex

HSC
My units are annoying me lately and they've changed some of my core units that were once available and now aren't so i'm a bit muddled up but i *think* this is what i'm doing..

SEM 1

BBA315
MKTG311
MKTG303

SEM 2

PSY248
MKTG309
MKTG304
ACCG106

But not entirely sure yet.

HSC
Hey guys...do you know what class registartion opens? I'm going to be overseas at the time so i'm trying to work out the time difference to ensure I get into the classes I want.
Unit enrolments will be between 11 - 26 January and class registrations will between 28 - 31 January. But you can also change enrolment/classes etc etc from 8th of February until the census date I think which I can't remember.

tinfoilhat

HSC
is anyone else not able to get into estudent at the moment

is this because enrollments start tomorrow or have i somehow lost my password =\

xsavagex

HSC
Two questions:

What time does enrolment open tomorrow? Is it 12.00am or 9?

Also, because i was new last year i'm not entirely sure of the answer to this but how likely is it that any of my subjects (mainly 300 level marketing ones) will be full by tomorrow night? Or do they not really fill up very fast?

tinfoilhat

HSC
I just logged in fine. Don't know what's wrong with yours.
ah thanks, yeah must be my password then gah i don't remember resetting it =\

not sure what time enrollments open, but its only an hour or so til 12 so might as well check then

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
so pissed right now. macquarie's been fucking around with the media degree and now their print media units don't exist anymore. the entire reason i picked this fucking degree. what the fuck.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
GAR ESTUDENT! It always has issues with my enrolment.Asked for extra cp because I needed a little extra to actually complete my degree but I can't use them to enrol! Worse than the time that it was unable to recognise I had met the pre reqs and had to get waivers!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Gotta get waivers because I'm doing more than the 14 cp, EFF YOU MQ

Tabris

HSC
Hey Mel, i see that you have enrolled in TPA law.

Just some basic info (Assuming unit hasnt changed)

1) 10% CP (presentation and participation), 40% research assignment on a consumer law issue, 50% final take home exam (encompassing the entire the unit)_

2) two textbooks, one anotated brick for the Trade Practices Legislation and a commentary book (which only appplies to the competition aspect of the law and not the first half on consumer law).

the anotated book was found to be qutie useless by many students and a waste of money. Buy it if you want to be a rpactitioner (but then again theres a new edition every year or two).

3) The law is very mechanical in terms of its operations, most of the time its a box ticking exercise to determine if there is a breach and whether a defence applies. Flow diagrams can go on for a couple of pages.

4) Lecture notes are ok but not too detailed or too vague. Lecture notes are probably the main source for exam and tute prep for most students (at least from what I have heard).

Any idea on waht your research topic will be or who you have in mind as a sueprvisor?

Kiim2507

HSC
Unit enrolments will be between 11 - 26 January and class registrations will between 28 - 31 January. But you can also change enrolment/classes etc etc from 8th of February until the census date I think which I can't remember.
Wow I left out the one crucial word from the sentance lol..I was supposed to ask what time does class registration open

Kiim2507

HSC
so pissed right now. macquarie's been fucking around with the media degree and now their print media units don't exist anymore. the entire reason i picked this fucking degree. what the fuck.
they do its just for the new course that they don't
but enrolment is fucking me upp ahhhh

edit: ah what the crap are all mas200 lvl subjects now only 3 credit points? well that fucks me up majorly
nad they took away from alphabet to internet wtf! or at least I can't enrol in it..the shitty alternative is 'free cultures'

Last edited:

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
all undergrad units are now 3 credit points kim, except maybe some 300 level units i think but they will all eventually be 3 credit points by next year.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Hey Mel, i see that you have enrolled in TPA law.

Just some basic info (Assuming unit hasnt changed)

1) 10% CP (presentation and participation), 40% research assignment on a consumer law issue, 50% final take home exam (encompassing the entire the unit)_

2) two textbooks, one anotated brick for the Trade Practices Legislation and a commentary book (which only appplies to the competition aspect of the law and not the first half on consumer law).

the anotated book was found to be qutie useless by many students and a waste of money. Buy it if you want to be a rpactitioner (but then again theres a new edition every year or two).

3) The law is very mechanical in terms of its operations, most of the time its a box ticking exercise to determine if there is a breach and whether a defence applies. Flow diagrams can go on for a couple of pages.

4) Lecture notes are ok but not too detailed or too vague. Lecture notes are probably the main source for exam and tute prep for most students (at least from what I have heard).

Any idea on waht your research topic will be or who you have in mind as a sueprvisor?
Therese McDermott (Something to do with collaborative law). I was looking at assisted suicide but all the interested academics were busy or on sebatical when I was looking to do mine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)