Units 2010 (1 Viewer)

zkermie

HSC
Print writing is available and is 4cp, it just comes up as 'version 1'(?) in eStudent (link)

but I still can't enrol in any core MAS 200lvl units for BInt Com :/

i'm guessing this is just an admin problem while the BMedia course is revised and will be sorted in a few days.....

Last edited:

Kiim2507

HSC
Print writing is available and is 4cp, it just comes up as 'version 1'(?) in eStudent (link)

but I still can't enrol in any core MAS 200lvl units for BInt Com :/

i'm guessing this is just an admin problem while the BMedia course is revised and will be sorted in a few days.....
Nah it's not cos I couldn't enrol in them either
I called Steve and his said all media subs are now 3cp and they expect us to pick 4 subs

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
I dont know how it works for you guys but for law 400-500 lvl subecjts remain 4cp for this year or it would screw over us 5th years
yeh that's what i mean. eventually all undergrad units will be 3cp. i think they are aiming for complete transition by like 2012. so some will stay 4cp for now.

sesska

:)
HSC
Yeaah apparently the subjects are 3cp instead of 4 now because they've made the workload less, so by doing four subjects in the new curriculum the work will be equivalent to 3 subjects in the old system.. I had the same problem with the discontinuing of print media aswell, as I did print media 1 last year then took last semester off and tried to enrol for Print Media 2 for next semester and it was gone, although I'm pretty sure that the new subject "music and arts journalism" would be quite similar, if not better.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
they do its just for the new course that they don't
but enrolment is fucking me upp ahhhh

edit: ah what the crap are all mas200 lvl subjects now only 3 credit points? well that fucks me up majorly
nad they took away from alphabet to internet wtf! or at least I can't enrol in it..the shitty alternative is 'free cultures'
lol no, they don't. they've got rid of a lot of subjects and replaced them with shittier more random 'alternatives'. print media production doesn't exist anymore, but who cares when they're offering "travel writing" right?!

fuck you macquarie. fuck you in the babymaker.

Kiim2507

HSC
lol no, they don't. they've got rid of a lot of subjects and replaced them with shittier more random 'alternatives'. print media production doesn't exist anymore, but who cares when they're offering "travel writing" right?!

Yeah I realised that....so dumb and unfair if you did the course for print...maybe you can transfer to unsw?

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Yeah I realised that....so dumb and unfair if you did the course for print...maybe you can transfer to unsw?
yeah it sucks so much... and i can't really be fucked transferring, since media isn't really a field that REQUIRES a degree so i reckon i'll just look out for internships when i come back from my exchange at the end of this year, and do it that way? i don't know. all i know is FUCK MACQUARIE.

Kiim2507

HSC
This is probs a really dumb question but is there a way to remove your 'Planned Units Available for Enrolment'?

Also...I was mucking around with units and I was put unit I'm thinking about enrolling for next semester in the planned units and it said the balance of my electives was 5 and I enrolled in 2 electives so now thats gone completely
But I've only taken 4 electives so far and I enrolled in 2 for semester 1 so i should've had 12cps left
I have a feeling I enrolled in one of my core subjects as an elective..is there a way to check?

Also does that mean I won't be able to pick any more electives in 3rd year?

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Yeah that is pretty shit, if they have taken it out, I'll ask around and see if I can dig up whats happening with it.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
This is probs a really dumb question but is there a way to remove your 'Planned Units Available for Enrolment'?

Also...I was mucking around with units and I was put unit I'm thinking about enrolling for next semester in the planned units and it said the balance of my electives was 5 and I enrolled in 2 electives so now thats gone completely
But I've only taken 4 electives so far and I enrolled in 2 for semester 1 so i should've had 12cps left
I have a feeling I enrolled in one of my core subjects as an elective..is there a way to check?

Also does that mean I won't be able to pick any more electives in 3rd year?
There should be a screen before 'enrol into planned units' where you can remove them. And as far as estudent is concerned, its not very smart in figuring out what is a 'core' and what is an 'elective'. Ring up SES to double check if you have any issues.

Kiim2507

HSC
There should be a screen before 'enrol into planned units' where you can remove them. And as far as estudent is concerned, its not very smart in figuring out what is a 'core' and what is an 'elective'. Ring up SES to double check if you have any issues.
I can remove them from potential enrolment but they land back up in planned units...so frustrating because 7 of my elective units are being taken up by subjects I don't want to do.

Also Asy do you know what time class registration opens..is it 12midnight or 9am?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I can remove them from potential enrolment but they land back up in planned units...so frustrating because 7 of my elective units are being taken up by subjects I don't want to do.

Also Asy do you know what time class registration opens..is it 12midnight or 9am?
I see what you mean, guess you could contact estudent and tell them there's no option to remove it. Seems like a programming oversight.

And 12 midnight usually

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
Sem 1: ACCG200, ACCG250, BUSL250 and GMN104

Sem 2: ACCG253, ECON204, ACST201 and GMN 105

ah, seems alright.

tinfoilhat

HSC
question: how long does it usually take for >14cp waivers to be granted/updated onto estudent?

Kiim2507

HSC
I see what you mean, guess you could contact estudent and tell them there's no option to remove it. Seems like a programming oversight.

And 12 midnight usually
yeah I emailed them and I just got a call from someone at estudent and she said she'll fix it up for me.

Cool thanks..I asked her that as well and she said they weren't sure yet. Kinda stuffs me around because I'm travelling on that day but I'll see if it's 12 I'll get up at 5am and do it and if it's not 12 I'll catch my bus from LA to San Diego and do it at 2pm whioch is 9am our time.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
question: how long does it usually take for >14cp waivers to be granted/updated onto estudent?
Still waiting for mine, just emailed them asking them why it hadn't gone through immediately :|

yeah I emailed them and I just got a call from someone at estudent and she said she'll fix it up for me.

Cool thanks..I asked her that as well and she said they weren't sure yet. Kinda stuffs me around because I'm travelling on that day but I'll see if it's 12 I'll get up at 5am and do it and if it's not 12 I'll catch my bus from LA to San Diego and do it at 2pm whioch is 9am our time.
Ahh doing things while on holidays is always fun, good luck

vds700

HSC
1st sem:
ACST202 Mathematics of Finance
ACCG252 Applied Financial Analysis and Management
ECON203 Microeconomic Analysis
STAT272 Probability

2nd Sem:
ACST255 Contingent Payments
ECON204 Macroeconomic Analysis
ECON241 Introductory Econometrics
STAT271 Statistics I

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)