Units that count towards ATAR query (1 Viewer)

Kid B

HSC
On my letter from UAC with my official ATAR and the part explaining which units counted towards the ATAR and which didnt something just doesnt seem right since a 47/50 in SOR 1 apparantly counts in front of a 91 in Physics (which didnt contribute at all) which seems strange to me. Does anyone else find this odd or is it because marks in SOR might scale better this year as the exam screwed everyone up??

Nuclear

HSC
A lot of people percieve it as "the better marks in the exam count". In truth, it's not this. It's the 10 best units that willgive you the best ATAR. So obviously the 47/50 in SOR would have given you a better atar than had the 91 in physics counted.

Kid B

HSC
A lot of people percieve it as "the better marks in the exam count". In truth, it's not this. It's the 10 best units that willgive you the best ATAR. So obviously the 47/50 in SOR would have given you a better atar than had the 91 in physics counted.
I know its just I would have thought that a 91 in physics would have scaled quite well and a 47 in SOR not so well. SAM and UMAX both rated the physics way ahead of my SOR mark as well.

Nuclear

HSC
I know its just I would have thought that a 91 in physics would have scaled quite well and a 47 in SOR not so well. SAM and UMAX both rated the physics way ahead of my SOR mark as well.
Well, SOR is a very unpopular subject. And scales actually quite well. And you did very well in it.

Thecorey0

HSC
Well checking the UAC tables ( assuming I am reading them properly), it sort of explains it.

For physics:
A HSC mark of 45/50 = a scaled mark of 42.1
A HSC mark of 47.5/50 = a scaled mark of 46.3

For SOR I
A HSC mark of 45/50 = a scaled mark of 38.6
A HSC mark of 48/50 = a scaled mark of 44.4

The gaps aren't linear as far as I know, so you can't estimate the scaled marks for your 91 and 47, but by the looks of it, it must have been quite close.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)