Universities battle royale (UNSW v USYD) (1 Viewer)

chickencoop

HSC
Hiya,

Thought i might start a thread regarding the differences (pros/cons etc) between UNSW and USYD.

I am currently a year 12 student about to enter uni next year and i noticed that many others like myself are struggling to put in UAC preferences for courses when it comes down to simply UNSW or USYD (specially when the ATAR cut offs are fairly similar).

So i was wondering if current students at UNSW or USYD could give some pros/cons of their uni and maybe what subjects/areas their unis are prestigious in and their own experiences with culture/university life and society. Maybe also outline what degree you are currently taking and your experiences in it..?

-> this is either gna fail horribly or be helpful for the next batch of students in the following years to come

Memphis Depay

HSC
I don't go to either but i recommend googling 'student reviews 'insert uni name'. It gives you a rating out of 10 for that uni, rated by students. It also uses a variety of criteria

chickencoop

HSC
I don't go to either but i recommend googling 'student reviews 'insert uni name'. It gives you a rating out of 10 for that uni, rated by students. It also uses a variety of criteria
yeah ive already checked them out, and from what i can find, its just a few comments with a rating/10, nothing too indepth. idk.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
i dont know why you made this thread

clearly unsw is superior in pretty much all the things that count

i had the same dilemma as you and i chose unsw

and i chose correctly

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Usyd is better at law and maths.
Unsw is pretty much better at everything else.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
tbh both unis are good - however they both have different cultures and demographic stats (more casuasians at usyd, more asians at unsw). you should go to info day in january to check both unis out.

Simorgh

HSC
tbh both unis are good - however they both have different cultures and demographic stats (more casuasians at usyd, more asians at unsw). you should go to info day in january to check both unis out.
u serious?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
The only responses here you will get are from UNSW students.
Well yeah - we all had the UNSW v USyd dilemma, and we chose UNSW

and rightfully so

Usyd is better at law and maths.
Unsw is pretty much better at everything else.
arguably better at law

but unsw is definitely better for maths

Pro: Sydney university has Redfern station which is 14 minutes walk to the main campus

Con: UNSW lack of a train station within even an hour walk away!
or you can take a lovely array of buses from central to get to unsw to get you there in air conditioned freshness???

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
Well yeah - we all had the UNSW v USyd dilemma, and we chose UNSW

and rightfully so

arguably better at law

but unsw is definitely better for maths

or you can take a lovely array of buses from central to get to unsw to get you there in air conditioned freshness???

Since you talk about choosing one uni over the other, everyone at usyd law chose to go to usyd law. There are also a handful of unsw law guns that transferred to usyd after first year. How many went from usyd law to unsw law (i.e. those that werent struggling)?

Also shadowdude you didnt answer my previous question - whats your WAM you math god?

momo_mita

HSC
what would you recommend if you want to study medicine or like a medical science degree ... which ones better? UNSW or USYD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)