• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

University Council & Academic Senate Elections (1 Viewer)

The Historian

HSC
Please vote in the University Council & Academic Senate Elections. You will get your voting papers in the mail this week. I am giving full support to the following candidates:

Adam Achterstraat (University Council)
Phil Betts (Academic Senate, Post-Grad)
Tim Hendry (Academic Senate, Undergraduate)
Melissa Anderson (Academic Senate, Undergraduate)

I am supporting these candidates because they are honest and they care about the University Community - demonstrated by their long-term involvement at Club Mac. Read Week 6 edition of The Lachlan Review to find out why Adam is running for University Council.

For more info about the differences Students' Council, University Council & Academic Senate (and what they actually do + what power they have) go to:
www.lachlanreview.org/studentreps

The Historian

HSC
btw I know some people on this forum find 'politics' boring/dull/irrelevant.

But if you can rouse enough temporary excitement to vote - the simple rule these days is vote for anyone (and everyone) not connected to the Victor Ma dynasty!

And voting for UC & Academic Senate is easy - you don't have to worry about people harrassing you outside the library. You just drop the envelope in a your local post office.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Am I going to be abused while walking to a class again for not having an interest to vote?

monique66

redruM said:
Am I going to be abused while walking to a class again for not having an interest to vote?
some greens guy handed me a paper last week
/rant

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Thats promotion. I got no problem with that.

It is abuse when I get attitude and a dirty because I said that I wasn't interested politely with no sarcasm or slyness.

monique66

I suppose its hard to get votes when not many people are interested. I can see why they resent that, not that its anyone fault for not voting. Its a personal choice.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
No trust me, you'll see resentment and abuse tactics from a bunch of asians. You WILL be introduced to the Ma Dynasty!

X

xeuyrawp

redruM said:
Thats promotion. I got no problem with that.

It is abuse when I get attitude and a dirty because I said that I wasn't interested politely with no sarcasm or slyness.
Redrum- clearly you're a racist, facist, and Liberal supporter. I hope you burn in hell. [/green]

That being said, I accidentally called Tim a hippy :eek:

Karl - when do the candidate 'about me' notifications get finalised and handed out?

The Historian

HSC
Adam thinks the voting papers were mailed out last Friday - so according to the laws of Australia Post - you should receive the "about me" statements in the mail today or tomorrow (Tuesday).

N.B. ONLY READ FURTHER IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN STUDENT POLITICS

At least we can be assured that the University will post them out. UC elections are more open than MUSC elections.

In the 2005 MUSC elections I asked the Returning Officer (Tim Morison) if he posted out the ballot papers. Apparently Fiona Chan was responsible for that – ie. Victor Ma's good friend and replacement President of CSS was responsible for ensuring ballot papers got mailed to SIBT students. Oh, and there was no SIBT electoral roll during counting. So had those papers got mislaid before the post office...

Oh, but then Tim Morison decided he must have helped Fiona Chan mail them out - because they would have been heavy. So someone must have helped her carry them. And that must have been him... If only he could remember doing it!

Mmm...

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Redrum- clearly you're a racist, facist, and Liberal supporter. I hope you burn in hell. [/green]
Meh, I'm more of a I-Don't-Give-A-Shit-ist. :D

Tabris

HSC
... said:
tim eh

is he the greens dude?
The guy with the McDeath and Unfuck the world written on his bag? the one that wore a trenchcoat? i think thats him,

He wore a Grim reaper outfit during the anti fraser and howard speech or something

X

xeuyrawp

Tabris said:
He wore a Grim reaper outfit during the anti fraser and howard speech or something
Witty political satire to the max.

gnrlies

HSC
that greens guy is annoying.

I neither know him or have ever spoken to him, but anyone who is that extremely left (well im basing this on the badges, and greens shirt that he always wears) is always out of touch. Same goes for anyone who is extremely right.

*hopeful*

HSC
dat mcdeath guy is so freaky ( i think its just d bag plus trenchcoat plus army-typa boots) that theres sumthin kool bout him

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
Tim's a nice guy, I don't know him well but the times I've spoken to him he's always been friendly. He's worked hard to improve stuff for students.

gnrlies

HSC
yeah, im sure he is a nice person,

I just wouldn't want him representing me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)