University of newcastle 2012 roll call (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
How big the university? Like, how long does it take to walk from one side to the other? Because the physics building is on the very opposite side of the uni to the colleges gahhh

Also, what's the Hunter/Shortland thing?
http://www.newcastle.edu.au/maps/callaghan/

Shortland is west, generally more focused on the Sciences and Business. Hunter is the east, more focused on the Medical and Teaching areas. Law is mixed afaik. Engineers stick to their corner, but are most likely to be on Shortland side or BOTH.

miscer

HSC
So as far as I know... the uni takes up the entire suburb of Callaghan? So would it take about 10-15 minutes to walk the entire campus length from the west to the east?

Claire_xox

Premium Member
HSC
It looks like you enrolled in two of your subjects twice- you've got a double up for phys 1205 tute and surv 1110 prac. If you go in to my hub and click on enrolment, then "drop" you should be able to drop the duplicated subject. It happened to a friend of mine when she selected the same thing twice.
But If you're worried this won't work I'd ring up the uni :) Good luck

EDIT: just noticed you've got another clash on Tuesday between phys and surv.... Can you change the phys tute to a different time maybe?? Just go on to my hub, enrolment and click on swap, then select the tute time you want to change to (if there's one available- hopefully there is!)

Last edited:

Claire_xox

Premium Member
HSC
ok so i swap? thanks
but why wasn't there this problem last week when i checked it? :S

edit:

this is the timetable for the same week, that myhub gave to me last week
Yer i'd recommend trying to swap and see if that works. From your pics it looks like they randomly added a tutorial in there for phys 1205....
Seriously though it's really odd that that happened to you. Must be a glitch in the system or something.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
That practical runs 3 times in the whole semester, you could have a clash there if you wanted and it wouldn't matter

also those physics tutorials are a waste of time, go to surveying lecture because there's no textbook for it and you can only go off what they give you in class

also i'm pretty sure the surveying tutorial doesn't even exist most of the time

Beeck

HSC
Anyone doing Nursing im really exited to start and im so glad im local so i dont have to wory about moving out of home this year!!!!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
guys wtf?
ok so the timetable in myhub, orange means a clash?
i just saw a clash in my timetable that wasn't there last week

what the fuck? i need help :/
how do i get around this?

8am Monday class? lulz, noone would turn up to that

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
What's this nonsense about some shared break hour they've introduced?

I need to know when to stay in the lab to avoid dirty undergrads

delian

HSC
N/A
So as far as I know... the uni takes up the entire suburb of Callaghan? So would it take about 10-15 minutes to walk the entire campus length from the west to the east?
Pretty much. It took me around 20 mins to walk the length of campus east to west.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)